This man is a Great teacher..

A couple of months with JG and Peyton would have "Omaha"ed and started coaching Bailey.

At this point, I'd rather not change Heupel's offense (for Bailey) and just let Hooker start while Salter learns the ropes and has the time to beef up.

It's JMO, but Hooker is the only proven OB, that runs an RPO type offense, durable, makes long runs and has the arm to make a defense pay the price by only trying to shut down the running game.

At this point, I'd rather not change Heupel's offense (for Bailey) and just let Hooker start while Salter learns the ropes and has the time to beef up.

It's JMO, but Hooker is the only proven OB, that runs an RPO type offense, durable, makes long runs and has the arm to make a defense pay the price by only trying to shut down the running game.
I don’t think he’d “change” his offense for Bailey. He’s said he’s played with multiple types of qbs. He would draw up plays around Bailey’s skill set. I trust him to start whoever he thinks will be the most productive for us.

Heupel neither coached nor started JG and Hooker wasn't an option last year. I was joking about Pruitt.

Anyone on VN who thinks they can pick QB talent better than Heupel needs medication and if there's anything I trust him to get right, it's the QB choice.

Heupel neither coached nor started JG and Hooker wasn't an option last year. I was joking about Pruitt.

Anyone on VN who thinks they can pick QB talent better than Heupel needs medication and if there's anything I trust him to get right, it's the QB choice.
Hey now.. Hold on.. Some of us been QB coaching on VN for a long time now! 😜

Hooker QB'd 5 games where he threw at least 25 passes for VT. He was 1-4 in those games--beat Rhode Island. He is sacked every 9.5 pass attempts, and is turnover prone. Possibly the second coming of JG. I'd be pretty surprised to see JH go that route, unless there's some drastic off season change.

I would bet on Ole Miss. Kiffin is a QB miracle worker. Taking nothing from JH, but the family connections and the presence of a very good offensive minded coach makes the Rebel Black Bear Landsharks tough to beat in this recruiting contest.[/QUOTE yeah but Kiffin is still a jackass and there is no telling what he will or wont do over the next couple seasons

I have thought of something and I don’t remember seeing it on here. What IF the whole point of this hire was to get Arch Manning to Tennessee? Definitely don’t see him going to Ole miss with Lane or LSU with Coach O.

Of course Peyton will be watching close as an insider and will relay appropriate info back to Cooper to aid his and Arch's decision. Just hide & watch and it depends how this all plays out...sanctions-how severe....winning on upward trend...this and plenty of other variables.

Reactions: memtownvol

VN Store

Back