Things that make you feel old...

Bingo. It's the kids now coming into college that really bring it home.

yep. Todd Kelly, Bill Bates, Dale Carter etc...some of my favorites as a kid and young adult. it's crazy to see this many legacy kids now playing, having watched their dads live and in person "back in the day".

'what's The Last Lap'?

or

i'm going to The Library....and you mean the actual library.

Reactions: 2 people
Outstanding!! Hope you are not offended but if the reward for good grades was getting to go to Monday Night Wrestling at the Mid-South Coliseum, you grew up in a redneck household.......and I greatly respect that!!:rock:

It's probably safe to say that you and I are the only ones on this board who remember this particular event!!!:yes:

I'm not offended in any way...

I had the redneck daily double that night. I remember eating catfish at the Po Folks before that. I couldn't tell you what was served at my wedding (other than the awesome 3D Neyland Stadium groom's cake that my wife splurged on) but I can remember the Po Folks before Monday night wrestling when I was 7 years old.

I can still remember several meals before after/games in 1998 (even Rafferty's, where I got sick)

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not offended in any way...

I had the redneck daily double that night. I remember eating catfish at the Po Folks before that. I couldn't tell you what was served at my wedding (other than the awesome 3D Neyland Stadium groom's cake that my wife splurged on) but I can remember the Po Folks before Monday night wrestling when I was 7 years old.

I can still remember several meals before after/games in 1998 (even Rafferty's, where I got sick)

whoa. flashback. hadn't thought about that in years. had my first po boy at po folks.:eek:lol:

berries.JPG

Seems like just yesterday when General Sherman asked me:

"Ya gotta Match?" :blink:

I just sent a football to Peyton's roommate at the dorm and got it back two weeks later with Peyton's autograph. Seems like just last month!

Fast forward to April 2017, I am (i.e. my wife is dragging me) going to see Def Leppard/Poison in concert and now I feel old.

Man that sounds like a blast, grab your favorite whiskey and a J because there are going to be full grown sexy ladies all over that place looking to rock out.

Dang! Bunch of young guys on this board. I remember:
--JFK assassination
--Armstrong walking on the moon
--Elvis died in Memphis
--Ali-Frazier I in Madison Square Garden
--When Tennessee ran onto Shields-Watkins field from the "Tunnel on the East side of the stadium."

I remember when my cousin, Lindsey Nelson, broadcast Tennessee football games on the radio.

Reactions: 3 people
Great responses in this thread. Classic off-season topic!

As someone mentioned before...seeing players' kids now rolling through UT when it seems like only yesterday we were watching their dads play.

Attending basketball games prior to the 3 point line, and the Don Devoe basketball camp, both in Stokley Athletic Center.

Wanna talk about what can put the gray hairs on a man? I have lived to see Tennessee have an 11 game losing streak to Alabama, a 7 game losing streak to Alabama and now a 10 game losing streak to Alabama.

Reactions: 2 people
Fall of 1975 I was a Freshman at UT and broke into Neyland with my girlfriend from Oak Ridge, Linda P., and we made woopee on the UT logo at midfield. Today, I am 60 and sound like a woopee cushion 24/7.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back