Things that make you feel old...

mick Jagger turns 75 this year

Mick Jagger never makes me feel old because he was still old when I wasn't.

And I'm pretty sure Keith Richards actually died a few years ago. He's just too chemically pickled to realize it yet.

I'm 36. As a kid, I'd watch sports with my Dad and he'd say "I remember watching that player's Dad." which would always blow my mind. Now I'm seeing Todd Kelly Jr and Dillon Bates. Makes me feel old.

I'm 36. As a kid, I'd watch sports with my Dad and he'd say "I remember watching that player's Dad." which would always blow my mind. Now I'm seeing Todd Kelly Jr and Dillon Bates. Makes me feel old.

Last year Ken Griffey Jr.'s son was signed as a WR by the Dolphins (he was released shortly after). I was expecting to go to a game later in the year and was thinking how weird it would be to watch a professional athlete play live whose grandfather I watched play live.

Anytime there is a Buzz Feed list that says “Only kids from the 90s will remember these things!”

Then having to remind myself I’m a kid from the 80s.

Reactions: 1 person
Dang! Bunch of young guys on this board. I remember:
--JFK assassination

I was in school when JFK was shot. The news ran through the school, fast. Teachers were weeping. Kids were confused and upset. All were herded into the chapel, where Father Sausy's basso profundo voice calmed us and led us in familiar prayer.

Parents were arriving to pick up their kids before the end of the school day. We were lined up outside in groups. Older kids were told to hold the hands of younger ones. With tears streaming from his eyes, the groundskeeper lowered the flag to half mast in the manner of the military.

A woman arrived in a gull-wing Mercedes coupe, exiting with her Jackie hair & oversized sunglasses, mascara marking the tracks of her tears. My father arrived to retrieve us kids. My mother was too distraught.

Yeah, I remember that day...

Wait - sorry, but was anyone here around at Stokely Athletic Center when we played Kentucky in the mid 70s with Ernie and Bernie and the entire 12,000 fans were totally silent and held up Daily Beacons when the Wildcats were announced?

That's old!

Yes. :good!:

Ok...how many will admit to streaking??

My freshman year...

facepalm_estatua.jpg

I was in school when JFK was shot. The news ran through the school, fast. Teachers were weeping. Kids were confused and upset. All were herded into the chapel, where Father Sausy's basso profundo voice calmed us and led us in familiar prayer.

Parents were arriving to pick up their kids before the end of the school day. We were lined up outside in groups. Older kids were told to hold the hands of younger ones. With tears streaming from his eyes, the groundskeeper lowered the flag to half mast in the manner of the military.

A woman arrived in a gull-wing Mercedes coupe, exiting with her Jackie hair & oversized sunglasses, mascara marking the tracks of her tears. My father arrived to retrieve us kids. My mother was too distraught.

Okay, running uncomfortably counter to the somber tone of your post, I have to say that Father Saucy is my new favorite name! And yes, I know I spelled it wrong; I like my way better. Hmmm... may need to give him the first name Randy and middle initial N....

I remember that. Was 8 years old. For some reason we were out of school. Was playing outside in the field with cousins. Grandma came out and told us. She too was very distraught.

VN Store

Back