Things Could Get Better

I fear it's going to become painfully obvious on Saturday.
We still don't know how to attack the zone and haven't played defense in the last 4 games.
Hope I'm wrong.

If we lose Saturday to a bad MSU team, then the wheels will completely come off the wagon. There will be more hatchets looking to ax CCM. No matter which road we go down, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride. Yes we have to say "next year", but realistically what else can you do? No way Hart fires a football and bb coach in the same year. We will have enough talent on the floor (unless McRae suddenly disappears) next year to mask the pg problems that we currently have. Let's hope this ship can get completely turned around next year because 2014/15 might be a down year that we haven't seen in quite some time.

Reactions: 1 person
If we lose Saturday to a bad MSU team, then the wheels will completely come off the wagon. There will be more hatchets looking to ax CCM. No matter which road we go down, might as well sit back and enjoy the ride. Yes we have to say "next year", but realistically what else can you do? No way Hart fires a football and bb coach in the same year. We will have enough talent on the floor (unless McRae suddenly disappears) next year to mask the pg problems that we currently have. Let's hope this ship can get completely turned around next year because 2014/15 might be a down year that we haven't seen in quite some time.

I agree. Just gotta accept that this year is a wash, and prepare for next season. If we still suck then, we'll have to start looking for candidates.

I agree. Just gotta accept that this year is a wash, and prepare for next season. If we still suck then, we'll have to start looking for candidates.

Yep.

2014 we either replace CCM or replace McRae, Golden, and Maymon. Either way right now looks like a down year.

Yeah, I'm sure if UT had finished 11th like everyone projected them to finish then you and the other Debbie Downers would've just been fine with it. Wait, you didn't even wait that long. You wanted him fired after the 14th game in his first season and before he coached his first game in the SEC season.

Carry on Legions of the Miserable...

I find it amusing that you people always say everybody had them picked 11th in the sec because everybody didn't have them picked 11th.

Not that I am overwhelmed by his recruiting....still time for him to bring in the right guys.

More than enough time. Better get a pg. Maybe Stokes can learn to play without Maymon by then. I think replacing McRae by that time will be a tough chore.

I find it amusing that you people always say everybody had them picked 11th in the sec because everybody didn't have them picked 11th.

Who had them picked higher? No one in their right mind had them picked as high as 2nd because they lost every contributor on the team. The only players that played any kind of minutes was Golden and McRae and they were role players.

To think this team should've finished 2nd is a joke. You look ignorant even suggesting otherwise. Is your username really an oxymoron?

Reactions: 1 person
More than enough time. Better get a pg. Maybe Stokes can learn to play without Maymon by then. I think replacing McRae by that time will be a tough chore.

Hopefully hubbs will replace mcrae if he stays around two yrs......definitely need a pg......I don't buy the maymon theory, stokes just needs to improve.

Who had them picked higher? No one in their right mind had them picked as high as 2nd because they lost every contributor on the team. The only players that played any kind of minutes was Golden and McRae and they were role players.

To think this team should've finished 2nd is a joke. You look ignorant even suggesting otherwise. Is your username really an oxymoron?

I disagree, I thought they would be a borderline ncaa team and that is where they finished.

Hopefully hubbs will replace mcrae if he stays around two yrs......definitely need a pg......I don't buy the maymon theory, stokes just needs to improve.

We will have Hubbs and McRae next year which means that McRae will still have to be replaced.

Senior McRae + Freshman Hubbs >>>>>> Sophmore Hubbs

Where were we picked to finish this year?

4th in the SEC. Unless they make up ground, that isn't happening.

Edit: That was also with Maymon playing. The media or coaches didn't know that Maymon was going to miss the entire year.

Last edited:

To think this team should've finished 2nd ia a joke. But, we did finish second. Oxymoron? Whose feathers are showing?

I disagree, I thought they would be a borderline ncaa team and that is where they finished.

Show me any media outlet or coaches poll that predicted UT to get a NCAA invite last year. I'll wait.

You were voting with your heart. Anyone that saw what talent was coming back could've never realistically thought this team was going to finish 2nd in the SEC. Hell, who would've predicted that they beat Vandy with 3 NBA picks? Only the true homers.

Show me any media outlet or coaches poll that predicted UT to get a NCAA invite last year. I'll wait.

You were voting with your heart. Anyone that saw what talent was coming back could've never realistically thought this team was going to finish 2nd in the SEC. Hell, who would've predicted that they beat Vandy with 3 NBA picks? Only the true homers.

I thought I was being optimistic when I picked us at 5. I knew we weren't going to finish 11th though, that was dumb.

To think this team should've finished 2nd ia a joke. But, we did finish second. Oxymoron? Whose feathers are showing?

If you predicted last year's team to finish 2nd then you voted with your heart and not your head. No one in their right mind had them that high. Show me one media outlet that follows basketball that isn't a UT homer that had them that high.

4th in the SEC. Unless they make up ground, that isn't happening.

So if that happens then the "where we were picked" arguement will finally go away.

We finished second instead of 11 because of the addtion or Stokes. It wasn't known we were going to get Stokes when we were picked 11.

We were picked 4th this year before the subtraction on Maymon.

So if that happens then the "where we were picked" arguement will finally go away.

We finished second instead of 11 because of the addtion or Stokes. It wasn't known we were going to get Stokes when we were picked 11.

We were picked 4th this year before the subtraction on Maymon.

Correct. I edited my post with the Maymon inclusion.

I doubt many people thought adding Stokes would improve our position 9 spots. I thought we would be a mid pack team 6-8 or somewhere along the way.

I thought we could finish as high as 3rd or 4th if Maymon was healthy this year.

This year isn't over, but if you base assumptions and records on who has played then you can suggest that not having Maymon is a much bigger loss than not having Stokes.

If you predicted last year's team to finish 2nd then you voted with your heart and not your head. No one in their right mind had them that high. Show me one media outlet that follows basketball that isn't a UT homer that had them that high.

The 2nd weekend of the year I heard during every game in Maui by several different commentators that UT was an NCAA tourny team.

The 2nd weekend of the year I heard during every game in Maui by several different commentators that UT was an NCAA tourny team.

Based on what? Losses against Duke and Memphis?

What were they saying after losses to COC, Oakland and Austin Peay? Wait...I know...goodbye cuonzo...

VN Store

Back