Things Could Get Better

dixiebullfrog said:
"A point forward is usually described as a forward (either a small forward or a power forward) who possesses the ball handling skills and court vision to bring the ball up the court and to initiate the team's offense." [From Wikipedia]

What part of that did Maymon not do? By definition, he did everything in that description.

And you trying to use assists as some barometer that Maymon doesn't facilitate the offense shows what you know about this offense. Hell, Trae Golden, the primary point guard, only averages 3.6 assists per game in his entire UT career. The primary UT point guard who averages almost 30 minutes a game. Maybe you need to watch more basketball.
QUOTE]

Assists are 50% of a point forward's game along with normal scoring. That's where the "point" in point forward comes from. Maymon didn't run the offense on a routine basis; certainly didn't hand out assists. Only thing you've highlighted is that Golden hasn't been much of a PG @ UTK. Lots of threads on VN have stated the same. Personally, Trae is a decent PG that the Vols need to play more consistently.

Google it and read that there are very few point forwards in the NBA, and few true pt forwards in the NCAA. Maymon (last year) is not even close to being considered one. Martin may have been trying to pump up his confidence while the kid is out.

I'm done; with respect, you're the "clueless" one in this conversation. And you NEVER change your mind; I get it.

Believe what you want to believe Froggy. I'll believe what the head coach of UT says versus some clueless slackjawed yokel who thinks he knows basketball.

You cutting and pasting that link like you have discovered some breakthrough in cancer research is quite comical though especially when Maymon fit that criteria to a, well, T. When I posted Golden's assists average you got punched in the gut. D'oh!!!

VN Store

Back