The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Like I said, it’s not my thing, and to me, wrestling is storyline driven. You can have two hours of car crashes, but that doesn’t gain you viewership, nor does it retain viewership. The US ratings prove that. Not gaining viewership limits advertising. Tony’s dad will only let him lose so much money before he steps in, I’m assuming.

Having a viable option only strengthens both companies and gives the performers some power. I just don’t see AEW being a lasting company. Unless some changes are made behind the scene.
I know AEW will ever supplant WWE. Nobody will. But it's a great alternative to the machine. And I prefer that style. I was always a NWA, WCW, ECW fan above WWF/WWE. The realism just hasn't been there in WWE for me for a very long time.

AEW PPVs are still overall better.

It’s wild people wouldn’t like Samantha. To each their own but the drama and individuality she adds is what wrestling is all about.

I mean if you don’t like her for being “dramatic” you must not like Paul Heyman for the same reason and that’s real crazy talk.
She's fricking great. I loved Lillian Garcia too But Samantha is on a different level than anybody but maybe the Buffer brothers.

It’s wild people wouldn’t like Samantha. To each their own but the drama and individuality she adds is what wrestling is all about.

I mean if you don’t like her for being “dramatic” you must not like Paul Heyman for the same reason and that’s real crazy talk.
I also don’t like Paul Heyman, so at least I’m consistent.

Totally different deliveries. He doesn't yell. She's just too much for my taste

Reactions: knoxvol52
I know AEW will ever supplant WWE. Nobody will. But it's a great alternative to the machine. And I prefer that style. I was always a NWA, WCW, ECW fan above WWF/WWE. The realism just hasn't been there in WWE for me for a very long time.

I liked WCW above WWF but i prefer WWE to AEW. I still like AEW but i like the storylines in WWE. I don't think I've missed a single Dynamite but also haven't watched a single Collision.

I liked WCW above WWF but i prefer WWE to AEW. I still like AEW but i like the storylines in WWE. I don't think I've missed a single Dynamite but also haven't watched a single Collision.
For a while there, Collision was the superior show. Dynamite has rebounded. They are both booked pretty similarly now. Collision may have had the greatest tag team match in American history with FTR and bullet club last year.

But yeah, I try not to miss WWE PPVs, especially WM and SummerSlam

For a while there, Collision was the superior show. Dynamite has rebounded. They are both booked pretty similarly now. Collision may have had the greatest tag team match in American history with FTR and bullet club last year.

But yeah, I try not to miss WWE PPVs, especially WM and SummerSlam
I'd watch Collision if it wasn't on Saturday nights, i just usually have something to do or watch instead. I did go back and watch that match.

Reactions: knoxvol52

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I think the troll farms and bots have some people believing some really odd things about AEW, but the main point is its not going away. Its something I really don't get the constant chirping and tribalism (I don't mean anyone in here, mainly everywhere else online and sadly both companies have people playing into it). Its just not needed, and awful for 'The Business'. Both can exist, and it is a huge positive that they do.

They are creating a viable alternative that hasn't really existed in a long time. WWEs style is something that a lot of fans age out of, drift away from, or simply start looking for something different. AEW being that place for some to shift to is a good thing.

Now, AEW has plenty things to adjust (arenas they run, scheduling, streaming deal, etc), but I think they are getting there. Same as I believe WWE still has a massive potential bomb they haven't diffused with the Vince stuff. Simply repeating THE PAUL LEVESQUE ERA doesn't make it go away, and doesn't exactly make me feel good about the company and whats behind the curtain.

As for Night 2, it was better. Still despise Logan Paul and all he represents and why he is there, and guys like Owens and Orton having to job to him. Enjoyed Sky/Bayley a lot. Main event was a nostalgia pop fest but was fun enough. Post match felt awkward/forced.

EDIT: I had the wrong Paul

Last edited:

VN Store

Back