The WRASSLIN’ Thread

“Pro wrestling is back.”

“Pro wrestling is beautiful.”

To sign off the air…. It certainly is.

For any of those that started watching in the 90’s and 2000’s, that thought you’d been watching “wrestling”, you just saw what wrestling really is, and it’s so damn beautiful!

“Pro wrestling is back.”

“Pro wrestling is beautiful.”

To sign off the air…. It certainly is.

For any of those that started watching in the 90’s and 2000’s, that thought you’d been watching “wrestling”, you just saw what wrestling really is, and it’s so damn beautiful!
I started watching in the early 80's. Tonight was as good as I have seen from WWE in a loooooong time. I watch most of their premium events on peacock, but I don't regularly watch raw or Smackdown. I may give it another shot if to ight is any indication of what is to come

I still think overall, AEW does PPVs better.

I’m not an AEW fan in the least, so I’m going to say this with a grain of salt. If MJF ends up in the WWE with it being ran like it appears to be going, it will be like printing money. AEW will never have the reach that WWE has, period. For the people that like it, it suits them. They are not going to be more than what they are unless major changes are made, and Tony isn’t going to give that power up. What I just watched has universal appeal.

I’m not an AEW fan in the least, so I’m going to say this with a grain of salt. If MJF ends up in the WWE with it being ran like it appears to be going, it will be like printing money. AEW will never have the reach that WWE has, period. For the people that like it, it suits them. They are not going to be more than what they are unless major changes are made, and Tony isn’t going to give that power up. What I just watched has universal appeal.
They're two different things. WWE is much more story-driven. AEW is more ringwork oriented and faster paced. They both have their place. I prefer the better ringwork over the story driven stuff. That's why storylines in AEW rarely last more than a few months.

AEW has also overtaken WWE in European viewership and in Japan.

Edit: And still my top two "do not miss" PPVs are WM and SummerSlam. Those are still the daddy and mommy of Pro wrestling

They're two different things. WWE is much more story-driven. AEW is more ringwork oriented and faster paced. They both have their place. I prefer the better ringwork over the story driven stuff. That's why storylines in AEW rarely last more than a few months.

AEW has also overtaken WWE in European viewership and in Japan.
Like I said, it’s not my thing, and to me, wrestling is storyline driven. You can have two hours of car crashes, but that doesn’t gain you viewership, nor does it retain viewership. The US ratings prove that. Not gaining viewership limits advertising. Tony’s dad will only let him lose so much money before he steps in, I’m assuming.

Having a viable option only strengthens both companies and gives the performers some power. I just don’t see AEW being a lasting company. Unless some changes are made behind the scene.

VN Store

Back