The Weightlifters Thread

Today was one of those days where it took me ten seconds to squat down to pick stuff up and my legs would give out on me on occasion. Legs were on Monday.

Not really necessary for what you're looking for... Losing muscle is sort of a fact of life when you're trying to cut fat. The best thing you can do is a high-protein, high-complex carb low fat diet and be a cardio zealot in addition to weight lifting. Like half an hour a day on the treadmill, no exceptions.

HIIT iyam

Also that. Windsprints all day.

Thanks. Doing that right now for cardio. I think I have enough muscle to spare. It's been easy for me over the years to bulk up. Cutting is a pain in the ass.

Same here.

Diet is by far #1 for you though. The period of time for which I had probably my most defined abs ever, I never went to the gym or did a single crunch. I just went on a crazy diet.

Same here.

Diet is by far #1 for you though. The period of time for which I had probably my most defined abs ever, I never went to the gym or did a single crunch. I just went on a crazy diet.

Yeah, I don't do abs. I feel like they get enough work with deads, squats, etc. It's all diet any how. I feel like I have the discipline for the diet. We'll see. All I know is that I would like to get to the 10% BF neighborhood.

I hate people who scream when they lift any amount of weight.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I rarely see people using the squat rack for actual squats in my gym.

I have an extremely busy gym here. There are only 2 squat racks. Last night I almost lost my mind because both were occupied and one of them was being used by 2 guys who were curling 65 lbs! I ain't s***ting you. Even though the other rack opened up within 2 minutes I was still fuming at these morons. They monopolized it for at least 10 minutes.

I have an extremely busy gym here. There are only 2 squat racks. Last night I almost lost my mind because both were occupied and one of them was being used by 2 guys who were curling 65 lbs! I ain't s***ting you. Even though the other rack opened up within 2 minutes I was still fuming at these morons. They monopolized it for at least 10 minutes.

I only use the rack for squats and shrugs. Some people are goofy and have no gym etiquette.

I only use the rack for squats and shrugs. Some people are goofy and have no gym etiquette.

Yeah, squats, and deadlifts for me. Also I'll use the power rack to max out on bench some times because I don't have a partner and I use the bumpers as my safety.

When I was lifting at the Y, there was a pair of dudes who would grunt, yell, and raise hell while they were lifting. The funny thing is they used really weak ass weight too. They would scream while bench pressing 165 x 5. We would just sit back and laugh at them. Eventually they left after a couple of months. I think it was probably b/c of the ridicule and jokes at their expense. This was the look they got from me constantly - :huh:

ah u mean the guys who think they are pro bodybuilders?

The guys who pick up 15 lb dumbbells to do some shoulder workout and can't take two or three steps back. It's one thing if you're doing some heavy shrugs or something but come on.

This... It's shortly entertaining to watch guys yell and holler trying to bench a plate or DL a plate and a half.

I have a buddy whom I lift with sometimes, when he sees people dropping weights needlessly (if you're cleaning 250lbs, I can understand), he'll hover over them and say something like "No yeah, keep doing that, it's totally not annoying to everybody else."

People lifting tiny weights and wasting time crack me up. It reminds me of this quote...

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights."
- Ronnie Coleman

People lifting tiny weights and wasting time crack me up. It reminds me of this quote...

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights."
- Ronnie Coleman

Yea not everybody "eats" what Ronnie does or could afford it. But yea I know the people you talk about & you wonder why do they bother.

I'm no fool. I know what he takes. I still like the quote.

Yea, some guys come in with no plan or structure & expect results. 2 sets of 135 on bench or some crap. Then the guys that don't touch their chest when they bench like that's more beneficial. Or the guys that try to squat or leg press way too much weight & barely bend their knees. Or the guys that break their back curling. I laugh when I hear a guy say I wanna get cut but not too big.

VN Store

Back