The War against ISIS has officially gone beyond Mission Creep

Do you think our current administration is helping Turkey on the side? It seems like we could do so much more to support the Kurds without ticking off other countries.

No I don't. The best thing we could do for the Kurd's would be to support there push for Independence. It would correct an over 100 years mistake from the Sykes–Picot Agreement. Iraq is going to fall anyway so if its going to fall we should push our chips to the side that aligned with us. I see no reason to continue to support the government in Baghdad when they are under the influence of Russia and Iran.

Reactions: 1 person
Statistics say I have a better chance of dying by falling out of bed. 61 people died because of terrorist attacks on US soil from 2003-2014...

The US spends around 100 billion a year on anti terrorism...

About 700,000 Americans a year die from heart disease...government contributes around 2 billion...

So you're saying that as long as the chances are pretty good that they will kill another American instead of you, you are good with that.

This crap is never ending. We could send 10 million troops and occupy for a decade, then the moment we pull back and the light goes out those little cockroaches will be back at it. It's a serious waste of life and resources.

Reactions: 3 people
This crap is never ending. We could send 10 million troops and occupy for a decade, then the moment we pull back and the light goes out those little cockroaches will be back at it. It's a serious waste of life and resources.

It ends when we reverse the Sykes–Picot Agreement. The Middle East suffers from the the same problems post colonial Africa does.

It ends when we reverse the Sykes–Picot Agreement. The Middle East suffers from the the same problems post colonial Africa does.

WE shouldn't be obligated to reverse anything. What matters to most Americans is that it ends for us, that can happen almost immediately.

You can't make somebody want something. It's like cleaning your kids room. Yeah it's clean now but it won't be soon and instead of learning to do it himself he'll just wait for you to come fix it again. If the citizens of these places continue to stay ambivalent to evil it will always have a home. They don't seem terribly interested in fixing the problem. Maybe a lot of them don't think it's a problem to start with.

That's the libertarian mindset..me myself and I...individuality above all else all the time.

Individuality is synonymous with freedom; it's the soul's right to breath. The foundation this country was founded on is one of freedom and individuality.

Inalienable "Rights" can only exist at the individual level;natural and universal human truths that transcend countries, governments, and politics.

The moment someone's "right" affects another person or people, it ceases to be one.

It's a mindset and philosophy of "minding your own @#$%ing business" - one which both liberals and conservatives alike can't seem to handle.

Last edited:
It ends when we reverse the Sykes–Picot Agreement.

Finally...

767d12f1032f.gif

Only, I wouldn't reverse it. I would tear the agreement up and let them sort their own affairs out.

You can't make somebody want something. It's like cleaning your kids room. Yeah it's clean now but it won't be soon and instead of learning to do it himself he'll just wait for you to come fix it again. If the citizens of these places continue to stay ambivalent to evil it will always have a home. They don't seem terribly interested in fixing the problem. Maybe a lot of them don't think it's a problem to start with.

Of course, there is that problem of us always going in and choosing sides and involving ourselves in matters that are of little consequence to us...

That analogy of making somebody want something would work if we allowed the free market to handle things. Once these countries are given control of their own resources without any Western intervention or raking of profits, then they would have all the motivation in the world to engage in commerce and make money for themselves. But as long as we are over there and making them work for our benefit, they obviously have no incentive to play nice. The best thing we could do is pack our bags, leave the Middle East, and allow the people over there to have control of their own destiny and their own markets.

Of course, there is that problem of us always going in and choosing sides and involving ourselves in matters that are of little consequence to us...

That analogy of making somebody want something would work if we allowed the free market to handle things. Once these countries are given control of their own resources without any Western intervention or raking of profits, then they would have all the motivation in the world to engage in commerce and make money for themselves. But as long as we are over there and making them work for our benefit, they obviously have no incentive to play nice. The best thing we could do is pack our bags, leave the Middle East, and allow the people over there to have control of their own destiny and their own markets.

There is a lot of money in war.

That article says the same thing 4 different times, and is completely vague. That is an amateur author taking 2 quotes...and that's it...and trying to build an entire article. My 14 year old son would be sent back to the drawing board if he brought me that as an English paper. Very poorly done.

That's why I didn't even comment on it. Its Iranian propaganda. Every problem they find away to blame the Jews for it.

That article says the same thing 4 different times, and is completely vague. That is an amateur author taking 2 quotes...and that's it...and trying to build an entire article. My 14 year old son would be sent back to the drawing board if he brought me that as an English paper. Very poorly done.

So, you're saying you're oblivious to/ignore any material that doesn't come from our government or the government controlled media here in the US?

How did I figure that out? :question:

VN Store

Back