The Vols in the Final Four?

Statistics like that say more about how he is the only player on the team than it does that he is the best in the country.

Besides, you already proved my point by mentioning Wall... might as well add in Patterson and Cousins to that mix.

Statistics like show that he is the best player on a team that was close to getting a 1 seed. I mentioned Wall because he is the only one that is even close right now. Patterson is laughable is the POY conversation.

I saw Ohio State play in person, they and Kentucky are 2 most talented teams in the country.

Evan Turner is better than Sheron Collins and John Wall.

With Ohio State and possibly Michigan State still left in this bracket (best player in tourney and best coach in the tourney), its still a tough road. This bracket is just loaded.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Statistics like show that he is the best player on a team that was close to getting a 1 seed. I mentioned Wall because he is the only one that is even close right now. Patterson is laughable is the POY conversation.

I personally think Cousins is the POY, but Turner is more than deserving of that honor as well.

POY isn't necessarily the best player. Kinda like the Heisman.

As much as I hate UK, I'd give POY to Wall, but I wouldn't frown on Turner just because of how he overcame injury. Doesn't mean he's the best player in college basketball.

Like I said... top flight, but I don't agree for "the best".

I saw Ohio State play in person, they and Kentucky are 2 most talented teams in the country.

With Ohio State and possibly Michigan State still left in this bracket (best player in tourney and best coach in the tourney), its still a tough road. This bracket is just loaded.

you are certainly entitled to that opinion but the 2nd most talented team in the country just lost to N. Iowa.

It's all about survive and advance...one game at a time and the road will only get more difficult.

you are certainly entitled to that opinion but the 2nd most talented team in the country just lost to N. Iowa.

Its opinion, but I didn't think Kansas had real "NBA" talent, that's the kind of talent Ohio State has. But Kentucky has the most...

POY isn't necessarily the best player. Kinda like the Heisman.

As much as I hate UK, I'd give POY to Wall, but I wouldn't frown on Turner just because of how he overcame injury. Doesn't mean he's the best player in college basketball.

Like I said... top flight, but I don't agree for "the best".

I see what you mean, but my thinking that Turner is the best has nothing to do with his injury. It's not normal to have a 6-7 point guard that does pretty much everything so well. That's why i think he's the best. Wall is good, but he isn't as good of a defender, rebounder, or scorer as Turner.

Its opinion, but I didn't think Kansas had real "NBA" talent, that's the kind of talent Ohio State has. But Kentucky has the most...

they have at least three players who get long looks by the NBA.

I see what you mean, but my thinking that Turner is the best has nothing to do with his injury. It's not normal to have a 6-7 point guard that does pretty much everything so well. That's why i think he's the best. Wall is good, but he isn't as good of a defender, rebounder, or scorer as Turner.

Did this turn into a who will be the better NBA player from college POY debate?

I agree that Cousins has been good, better than i expected this year.

both Ohio State and Kentucky would not be in the positions they are in now without those two players, respectively.

i think Wall is good but plays out of control too often and without the inside game that Cousins and Patterson provide he wouldnt have nearly as much freedom.

Did this turn into a who will be the better NBA player from college POY?

He said there was a difference between POY and the best player which is true, so i was saying why i thought Turner was both.

Differing opinions are good. It makes the world go round. I just wanted to call you out as a homer... just a little bit. :)

VolBuck24 said:
He said there was a difference between POY and the best player which is true, so i was saying why i thought Turner was both.
:good!:

kinda funny how these thread topics morph into something else, huh?

It happens...I'm more concerned with how tennessee is going to do next game. I stopped caring about my bracket and I certainly don't care about player of the year.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Vols definitely have a chance to shock the basketball world. ESPN & the UT-haters are in misery...I'm lovin' it!

It has been an exciting tournament though...best in recent memory...if yall want to argue about something than let's argue about this :)

It has been an exciting tournament though...best in recent memory...if yall want to argue about something than let's argue about this :)

Can't argue with that. This tournament has been awesome.

where's that CBS guy who said SDSU will upset UT in the first round? :) out of 32 games that's the only upset he mentioned.

VN Store

Back