The Vols in the Final Four?

Speaking with an OSU fan yesterday, even he admitted that OSU is over rated and did not deserve a 2 seed. ESPN loves everything OSU because they have a huge fan base. In all actuality, TN has more experience against better opponents this year and should be able to handle the buckeyes.

please. it seemed after all of their games it was another pitch by ESPN for Turner's POY campaign and the rest of the buckeyes benefited from it

And why do you think Turner doesn't deserve POY? 20 ppg, over 9 rpg, 6 apg...those sound like POY numbers to me.

Also, there was a stretch of games in the middle of the season that he missed due to injury, and it's no coincidence that several of their losses happened during that time. They got hot as soon as he came back.

it means look at their record against the top 25(3-4) on the year and tell me where they have a real quality win besides purdue.

You do realize that we went 3-4 against top 50 RPI whereas they went 4-4. Plus our win at home against the #1 team is at the same level as beating the #4 team at their place. Not trying to downgrade anything we did but their record is not that different from ours especially when turner was out for some of those losses.

I think Ohio State's resume is pretty damn good. They won their conference regular season and postseason tourney. That same conference has 3 teams in the Sweet 16, by the way. It's going to be a tough game for us. I don't think we've blown out any tourney teams this year other than Ohio on Saturday. Most of our wins against good teams have been close.

And why do you think Turner doesn't deserve POY? 20 ppg, over 9 rpg, 6 apg...those sound like POY numbers to me.

Also, there was a stretch of games in the middle of the season that he missed due to injury, and it's no coincidence that several of their losses happened during that time. They got hot as soon as he came back.

Those numbers are pretty sick. He has more points per game, rebounds per game, and assists per game than the leader in each of those categories for us (probably for most teams). He's a good player.

OSU has lost 2 games since mid January and are one of the better playing teams with what is considered the best player in the country. Don't want to look past them.

I think Ohio State's resume is pretty damn good. They won their conference regular season and postseason tourney. That same conference has 3 teams in the Sweet 16, by the way. It's going to be a tough game for us. I don't think we've blown out any tourney teams this year other than Ohio on Saturday. Most of our wins against good teams have been close.

They are a good team, but they also had to have a 40ft prayer to beat an awful Michigan team. They have no depth, and little interior size. They are a perimeter team, and our perimeter D is excellent. If we play well, I think we win.

They are a good team, but they also had to have a 40ft prayer to beat an awful Michigan team. They have no depth, and little interior size. They are a perimeter team, and our perimeter D is excellent. If we play well, I think we win.

I agree. We have to play very well to win, but it will be a difficult game for us.

You do realize that we went 3-4 against top 50 RPI whereas they went 4-4. Plus our win at home against the #1 team is at the same level as beating the #4 team at their place. Not trying to downgrade anything we did but their record is not that different from ours especially when turner was out for some of those losses.

Is that an argument for or against them being overrated? As you said, UT has very similar stats and is a 6 seed.

VN Store

Back