The truth behind Joc Bruce

I made a poor post.

there was a confrontation, I would not call it bullying.

the poster that said JB stepped on T is correct. JC confronted him about that and they had words. Ended up in a smack down.

I'm not certain of how much talk preceded the hit but JB probably should have respected an upper classman trying to advise him on protocol. My guess is that led to the physical actions.

Sorry for being so vague in my post.

Thanks, LWS. I think we are all on the same page now.

I made a poor post.

there was a confrontation, I would not call it bullying.

the poster that said JB stepped on T is correct. JC confronted him about that and they had words. Ended up in a smack down.

I'm not certain of how much talk preceded the hit but JB probably should have respected an upper classman trying to advise him on protocol. My guess is that led to the physical actions.

Sorry for being so vague in my post.

When are you not vague? Lol.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree....there may be a lot more to the story....but sometimes there isn't. You knew even less that what the OP stated given the OP has had direct conversations with the MOM...as such you are doing nothing but speculating.

Besides that....you are frankly coming off as a pure @#$$.

I'm sorry I came off that way I hope I am not labeled a bully also. I really don't want to hurt your or the OP's feelings. I know people are a little more sensitive in today's society.

even if we take this as a fact that he spoke to the mom ( not saying people lie on here - like the people who knew Gruden's wife etc). But In my experience when a kid is trying to justify to his mom why he quit school this is probably not the Whole truth.

Reactions: 5 people
JB probably wasn't innocent but not sure he if needed to be hit or scared. Not sure what to think of it all really.

You guys are sad you would think that someone would have some concerns about a kid getting bullied. But all that come out is good bye. And make jokes about him. If your family or child goes through this make sure you have the same attitude. Go VOLS

He's not a damn child. Stop referring to him as a child, he's a grown ass man.

Reactions: 9 people
not buying that. Croom just beat him up for no reason? Sounds like BS. Croom has been nothing short of great in how he handles himself and represents the program for the past 3 yrs. The rules were outlined. Show up to class, dont disrespect the T by walking all over it, etc. The kid chose to ignore it. He then thought he could step to a 6'5 240lb WR whos been in the program for years with no consequence. He got his ass beat and thats it. Thats his fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
not buying that. Croom just beat him up for no reason? Sounds like BS. Croom has been nothing short of great in how he handles himself and represents the program for the past 3 yrs.

I feel like Bruce probably started the actual fight but bit off more than he could chew with Croom. That's why he's downplaying his role and that's why he is banged up, not Croom. JMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Tough Love , some kids just cannot accept this type of discipline and accountability . Bullying is not even probable IMO.

There's a difference between being bullied, and mouthing off to someone and being put in your place.

With that said...I can't wait for MzTerry to show up

Good for Croom! If you can't respect team traditions then get out. Sounds like an upper classmen taking care of the program not bullying.

Reactions: 1 person
Who the hell would start a fight with Jason Croom?

Someone did say their daughter went to school with JB and that he was arrogant. Sounds like he came in thinkin he was the man and could do whatever he wanted, and JC put him in his place.

Reactions: 3 people
There's a difference between being bullied, and mouthing off to someone and being put in your place.

With that said...I can't wait for MzTerry to show up

exactly.

Older player tried to talk to him about how to do things, he mouthed off like a big shot and got rocked for it. Pretty simple. Thats not bullying. If anything id say good job to Jason Croom. He tried to tell the kid thats not how they do things.

Reactions: 2 people
Not cool. I thought he had a good season last year.

Well it was nicer than my first post I decided to not go with which went along the lines of "Great now Croom is out the rest of the year with an hand injury".

you gotta be a douche to start a fight with Croom though. Guy is one of the classiest kids in the program. Never says anything, makes good grades, good attitude, etc.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back