The truth behind Joc Bruce

80s movies bullies all over Rocky Top. :)
TIME FOR A MONTAGE!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,492
Reactions: 1 person
You guys are sad you would think that someone would have some concerns about a kid getting bullied. But all that come out is good bye. And make jokes about him. If your family or child goes through this make sure you have the same attitude. Go VOLS

One side of a story does not the story make.

You think someone is going to get assaulted and not pursue legal recourse?

There's obviously more to it, we are just using common sense.

You guys are sad you would think that someone would have some concerns about a kid getting bullied. But all that come out is good bye. And make jokes about him. If your family or child goes through this make sure you have the same attitude. Go VOLS

What did you really want out of this? A support group? :cray:

Reactions: 13 people

I seriously doubt its just Croom is bullying him, man. No one needs to get punched but I just have trouble buying that Joc is just an innocent angel that got sucker punched and then just stopped showing up for class. It's more likely that Joc mouthed off and got smacked and couldn't handle it. We have seen the senior leadership on this team already. Guys like Dobbs, JRM, and Maggitt would surely kill any bullying in that locker room.

Reactions: 9 people
I'm so sick of the bullying stuff.

I don't know if your information is true, but you say it's not negative and 100% true. Bullying is a subjective condition. What you "know" is that Jason kicked joc's ass and that joc felt he was being picked on.

Imo, all the other bs is superfluous and reeks of a kid making excuses for why he didn't go to class.

Reactions: 6 people
Sounds to me like Croom was being an upperclassman/Leader..."BlueShirt Freshman" didn't appreciate it...things escalated to an altercation...

Have ANY of you ever been in a locker room? This goes on EVERYWHERE and has for YEARS...

Reactions: 8 people
Is Croom lurking around in every classroom?! Haha! It is a locker room and tensions can run high. John Henderson liked getting punched in the face that is the kind of players we want at TN.

I agree....there may be a lot more to the story....but sometimes there isn't. You knew even less that what the OP stated given the OP has had direct conversations with the MOM...as such you are doing nothing but speculating.

Besides that....you are frankly coming off as a pure @#$$.

I seriously doubt its just Croom is bullying him, man. No one needs to get punched but I just have trouble buying that Joc is just an innocent angel that got sucker punched and then just stopped showing up for class. It's more likely that Joc mouthed off and got smacked and couldn't handle it. We have seen the senior leadership on this team already. Guys like Dobbs, JRM, and Maggitt would surely kill any bullying in that locker room.

The Juniors and Seniors are just trying to make sure these new kids buy in and respect the team and coach. If Joc had stayed and worked hard for the team I am sure he would have told a new freshman the same thing and to not step on the "T" it is respect for the team.

I agree....there may be a lot more to the story....but sometimes there isn't. You knew even less that what the OP stated given the OP has had direct conversations with the MOM...as such you are doing nothing but speculating.

Besides that....you are frankly coming off as a pure @#$$.

He SAYS that he's had direct conversations with the MOM! Stating it as a fact is SPECULATING. Maybe he's lying. Maybe he's truthful. Maybe we don't care. :wavey:

So Croom is just bullying him and no one in the locker room is stopping it? I find that hard to believe.

I have no idea what happened or what Larry is saying is accurate. But I have figured out that if he says it, it is way more likely true than not. :good!:

What's sad is you coming on here trying to make it sound like the coaches allow bullying. I wouldn't say I was bullied if I got punched in the mouth for being a smart A and running my mouth. I would call that getting what I deserved. Of course I would be butt hurt and my ego would be bruised and a bruised ego in a locker room wouldn't be fun.

This isn't like Croom was following him and making constant threats. Croom told him Joc smarter off Croom took exception and took action.

Most freshman that had only been on campus a few weeks have respect for the upper class men and honor the traditions. If they don't they need to be gone because thas a clear indication they think they are bigger than all of that and will be a problem going forward.

Reactions: 12 people
No, read the thread again. He was talking about the fact that Joc stepped on the T and talked back to Croom and got put in his place.

Ah, I see. I thought he meant the story in the OP. The one where he stepped on the Power T is a lot more believable.

LWS was referring to this:

Rumor is Joc stepped on the power T in the locker room and Croom told him that was a big no-no and Joc took exception to it and the altercation took place.

Right, I see that now.

So Croom is just bullying him and no one in the locker room is stopping it? I find that hard to believe.

I made a poor post.

there was a confrontation, I would not call it bullying.

the poster that said JB stepped on T is correct. JC confronted him about that and they had words. Ended up in a smack down.

I'm not certain of how much talk preceded the hit but JB probably should have respected an upper classman trying to advise him on protocol. My guess is that led to the physical actions.

Sorry for being so vague in my post.

Reactions: 31 people
There's a difference between bullying and being put in your place. Moreover, since when is running away the appropriate response?

Croom shouldn't have allegedly hit him, but not going to class/going late to class isn't the correct reaction, nor is leaving the school a few weeks in. The kid made some minor mistakes followed by some bad choices, and when it all piled up, he decided to quit rather than deal with it.

I have some sympathy for him, and best of luck in the future, but I would put the blame for this situation largely on him.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back