The team has shrunk even more!

Everyone wears shoes when they play basketball. Not sure where you are going with that.

I've seen Hubbs and he's probably not quite as tall as Hubbs. I would say that without shoes he is 6'3" to 6'4"

Barnes is obviously shrinking the heights. He's done it two years in a row. Mostella will be 5'7" by next fall.

This may be true but what would be the real reasoning for listing his players shorter than they are? What real benefit does he gain from doing that?

Everyone wears shoes when they play basketball. Not sure where you are going with that.

I've seen Hubbs and he's probably not quite as tall as Hubbs. I would say that without shoes he is 6'3" to 6'4"

Barnes is obviously shrinking the heights. He's done it two years in a row. Mostella will be 5'7" by next fall.

With shoes Hubbs is maybe 6'6", so without shoes he's probably 6'4", Bowden looks about 2" shorter than Hubbs to me with shoes on, so around 6'4", take off the 2" shoes and a barefoot listing of 6'2" for Bowden would seemingly be pretty close.

Lew Evans was listed at 6'9" at USU, he's now 6'7", everyone seems to be about 2" off of their likely height in shoes, including Bowden.

With shoes Hubbs is maybe 6'6", so without shoes he's probably 6'4", Bowden looks about 2" shorter than Hubbs to me with shoes on, so around 6'4", take off the 2" shoes and a barefoot listing of 6'2" for Bowden would seemingly be pretty close.

Lew Evans was listed at 6'9" at USU, he's now 6'7", everyone seems to be about 2" off of their likely height in shoes, including Bowden.

He is taller than 6'1" for sure. I would bet he is closer to 6'5" than 6'1". Without shoes.

So you think he's 6'7" in shoes? Interesting.

1. Your reading comprehension is usually bad but it is exceptionally awful on this matter. Go back. Read what I said and try again.

2. What is your fascination with shoes? When you see a person that is taller than you and you are both wearing shoes do you think some magic will happen when you both take off shoes?

3. What shoes add 2" to a person height? Are we playing in stiletto pumps this season?

Reactions: 3 people
1. Your reading comprehension is usually bad but it is exceptionally awful on this matter. Go back. Read what I said and try again.

2. What is your fascination with shoes? When you see a person that is taller than you and you are both wearing shoes do you think some magic will happen when you both take off shoes?

3. What shoes add 2" to a person height? Are we playing in stiletto pumps this season?
Yeah, I've never seen shoes that add 2" inches either lol.

Reactions: 1 person

1&2...it would seem to me your reading comprehension is the one that's struggling. You claim Bowden is a bit shorter than Hubbs, most on here seem to be in agreement from seeing Hubbs out (newsflash he's in shoes in public) that he's about 6'5", maybe 6'6". So if you're admitting that Bowden is a bit shorter than Hubbs, whether in shoes or barefoot he's still shorter, then you're admitting that in shoes if Hubbs is 6'5" then Bowden is probably 6'3ish". Now as I'll go on to explain, shoes are generally 1.5-2", so if you're admitting Bowden is 6'3-6'4" at best in shoes, then you're also admitting he's likely 6'1"-6'2.5" barefoot at best, which would pretty closely jive with his listed height.

Now as for shoe size, I have all along said 1.5-2", check out draft express which lists NBA combine measurements...at the combine guys are measured in shoes, and not in shoes, the difference is almost always 1.5-2"...I'll list a few for you since you apparently haven't seen that.

Jarnell Stokes without shoes 6'7" with 6'8.5"
Kevin Durant without shoes 6'9" with 6'10.5"
Nerlens Noel without shoes 6'10" with 6'11.5"

And just for clarification you said you bet he's closer to 6'5" than 6'1" barefoot, so you're claiming he's every bit of 6' 3.25" barefoot, meaning in shoes in your opinion Bowden would measure at the very least 6'5"-6'6"...sorry, but I don't see that. It's also a bit coincidental that you seemingly are trying to make a guy you've admitted to being biased about taller than he likely is.

Last edited:
Just looked at the Texas roster when Durant was there, included Pittman, Abrams, Atchley, Augustine...guys who were measured at the combine barefoot and with shoes, all those guys barefoot combine measurements were just about the same as their listed heights at Texas. Coincidence?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
1&2...it would seem to me your reading comprehension is the one that's struggling. You claim Bowden is a bit shorter than Hubbs, most on here seem to be in agreement from seeing Hubbs out (newsflash he's in shoes in public) that he's about 6'5", maybe 6'6". So if you're admitting that Bowden is a bit shorter than Hubbs, whether in shoes or barefoot he's still shorter, then you're admitting that in shoes if Hubbs is 6'5" then Bowden is probably 6'3ish". Now as I'll go on to explain, shoes are generally 1.5-2", so if you're admitting Bowden is 6'3-6'4" at best in shoes, then you're also admitting he's likely 6'1"-6'2.5" barefoot at best, which would pretty closely jive with his listed height.

Now as for shoe size, I have all along said 1.5-2", check out draft express which lists NBA combine measurements...at the combine guys are measured in shoes, and not in shoes, the difference is almost always 1.5-2"...I'll list a few for you since you apparently haven't seen that.

And just for clarification you said you bet he's closer to 6'5" than 6'1" barefoot, so you're claiming he's every bit of 6' 3.25" barefoot, meaning in shoes in your opinion Bowden would measure at the very least 6'5"-6'6"...sorry, but I don't see that. It's also a bit coincidental that you seemingly are trying to make a guy you've admitted to being biased about taller than he likely is.

I'm almost 6'1" (without shoes) and I know he is taller than me. You keep using this "with shoes" crap to try and move around numbers to make yourself right. Twisting my words and yours and adding a half inch here or there and skewing the math to make yourself right.

The only bias here is you with your coach worship. It has just moved from Cuonzo "the cure of insomnia" Martin to Ricky "the tranquilizer dart" Barnes.

Only reason I mentioned anything about the measurement at all is because I know it is bogus. Just like with Zo, you can't let any comment go uncontested. Not surprised that the two people who are backing these bogus measurements are you and We$.

I'm saying he is 6'3" or taller barefoot. With these 1.5" shoes (previously referred to as 2" by you but that can change depending on which way you need to skew the math to help your argument) that you wear he would be 6'4.5" or taller. Not 6'6" as your fuzzy math is saying.

This is how every argument with you goes.

I'll be back to bump this thread when the team photos roll around. Should be interesting.

Now I can take the same math problem you just used and come to a different conclusion.....

Hubbs 6'6" with shoes, so without shoes he is 6'4.5". Bowden looks about 1" to 2" shorter than Hubbs so around 6'4 to 6'5" with shoes on. Take off the 1.5" for shoes and a barefoot listing of 6'2.5" to 6'3.5" for Bowden would seemingly be pretty close.

Barnes lists him at 6'1" and all I was saying is that he is taller than that. He is. And you'll see that this fall.

Have a good day BTO. Wasted enough time arguing with you over a kid's height.

giphy.gif

This thread cracks me up. I keep hearing Al Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. On this team we fight for that 1 inch. Because we know when we add up those inches thats gonna make the difference between winning and losing.... between living and dying."

Greatest halftime speech ever. imo gbo

I'm almost 6'1" (without shoes) and I know he is taller than me.

Well before you were 6' and that was with shoes I would assume since you said that's how everyone is measured??

And funny, so you're 6' without shoes, you say he's a bit taller than you, and yet saying Bowden is 6'1.5" without shoes is somehow ridiculous? Funny stuff.

You keep using this "with shoes" crap to try and move around numbers to make yourself right. Twisting my words and yours and adding a half inch here or there and skewing the math to make yourself right.

The only bias here is you with your coach worship. It has just moved from Cuonzo "the cure of insomnia" Martin to Ricky "the tranquilizer dart" Barnes.

Only reason I mentioned anything about the measurement at all is because I know it is bogus. Just like with Zo, you can't let any comment go uncontested. Not surprised that the two people who are backing these bogus measurements are you and We$.

no surprise that the rest of your post is you resorting to taking shots at me instead of posting any facts like I did, you're looking a bit like your buddy Donnie "The Scumbag" Tydall.

This thread cracks me up. I keep hearing Al Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. On this team we fight for that 1 inch. Because we know when we add up those inches thats gonna make the difference between winning and losing.... between living and dying."

Greatest halftime speech ever. imo gbo

I'm kinda biased towards my highschool coaches speeches. "What the f*** are you stupid,morons doing? You're nothing but a bunch of f***** p*****". Ah, good times. Lmao

I'm saying he is 6'3" or taller barefoot. With these 1.5" shoes (previously referred to as 2" by you but that can change depending on which way you need to skew the math to help your argument) that you wear he would be 6'4.5" or taller. Not 6'6" as your fuzzy math is saying.

This is how every argument with you goes.

I'll be back to bump this thread when the team photos roll around. Should be interesting.

My guess is he looks a good inch or 2 shorter than Hubbs, who barefoot we've established is about 6'3"-6'4", but according to your projection he's at least as tall as Hubbs if not taller, yet a page ago said he was shorter than Hubbs...interesting.

VN Store

Back