The team has shrunk even more!

During the Olympics, I saw some articles of Kyrie Irving giving Durant a hard time about his height. They were saying he was 7'0, but lists himself as 6'9. I started thinking about how our rosters shrunk as soon as Barnes took over. Here's another article speculating Durants height.
Here's even more evidence Kevin Durant has been lying about his height for years | FOX Sports

It makes me wonder if it's one of Barnes ideas to fudge the teams height on paper, so when they play the team is bigger than you were mentally expecting.

During the Olympics, I saw some articles of Kyrie Irving giving Durant a hard time about his height. They were saying he was 7'0, but lists himself as 6'9. I started thinking about how our rosters shrunk as soon as Barnes took over. Here's another article speculating Durants height.
Here's even more evidence Kevin Durant has been lying about his height for years | FOX Sports

It makes me wonder if it's one of Barnes ideas to fudge the teams height on paper, so when they play the team is bigger than you were mentally expecting.

According to Kesling, Durant was 6'9". Not sure if he grew 3" since then.

https://youtu.be/fOH4spIjBe8

Reactions: 1 person
It's not how tall you are; it's how big is your heart! Examples: CHRIS LOFTON and JAJUAN SMITH. We need more of these kinds of guys!

Added a new Walk on from Texas. Jacob Fleschman.
Hudl vids show he can hit it from the 50 yard line.

Barnes is on the way to not listing heights and weights like he did at Texas. Check his rosters there. I guess he likes to think he might win a game or two by making opposing teams overconfident. That's the only reason I can think of. Remember he did the same thing last year. I guess half a loaf is better than none. We now are smaller than any team we play. That's how you play small ball. Would that help or hurt recruiting?

Are you serious about the bold? I thought every NCAA school was required to list players heights & weights from their rosters? I hope you're kidding but if not I thought this was a rule from the NCAA. Thanks!

Are you serious about the bold? I thought every NCAA school was required to list players heights & weights from their rosters? I hope you're kidding but if not I thought this was a rule from the NCAA. Thanks!
Last year, when we noticed the shorter heights on the Vols roster, I went back and checked 3 or 4 years of rosters under Barnes. To me surprise they were not listed. Well, I went back and looked this year and they are now there. I guess somebody got the message. I don't understand the reasoning at all. Don't know what he tells the players.

Per Wes Rucker the Vols list accurate heights barefoot, other schools list in shoes...so typically 1.5-2" is what you'd add to get their comparable height.

Reactions: 2 people
6' and some change.

I think he kept growing after HS. 247 lists him at 6'5"

Watch his dunks. No way he is 6'1". A 6'1" guy doing his dunks would look like spud Webb.

Right, but he's also wearing shoes in his videos, meaning he's at least 6'3" then. I missed RTL this year which is where I can usually get some good looks at guys, but from videos and pix he looks an inch or two shorter than Hubbs which would seemingly put him around 6'3"-6'4" in shoes.

Right, but he's also wearing shoes in his videos, meaning he's at least 6'3" then. I missed RTL this year which is where I can usually get some good looks at guys, but from videos and pix he looks an inch or two shorter than Hubbs which would seemingly put him around 6'3"-6'4" in shoes.

Everyone wears shoes when they play basketball. Not sure where you are going with that.

I've seen Hubbs and he's probably not quite as tall as Hubbs. I would say that without shoes he is 6'3" to 6'4"

Barnes is obviously shrinking the heights. He's done it two years in a row. Mostella will be 5'7" by next fall.

VN Store

Back