The Section 103 Postgame Report.

A talking parrot and her extremely annoying handler took up 10 minutes of life that a few thousand people will never get back.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's taken up 20 minutes of my life. That's the second time I've seen that show.

I know it's popular to bash Billy D on here, but Chumbawumba? Come on.

I'd even upgrade him from Richard Marx to, say, Men at Work.

How about Lou Bega, with Mambo #5? That seems like a reasonable negotiation.

This thread has turned into quite the discussion.

Last edited:
How about Lou Bega, with Mambo #5? That seems like a reasonable negotiation.

This thread has turned into quite the discussion.

I think it's got to be a performer or band with two #1 hits and one other top-5 hit.

Donovan did have a FF (or 2) before his 2 NCs, right? Maybe Kruger was HC for one of those.

At certain times, yeah that's fair to say. But the difference between UF and UT IMO, is that Tennessee is capable of playing a style of basketball that can win in the tournament. Chism, when he chooses to do so can play effectively down low, working inside out. Hopson, when aggressive could make an excellent tandem with Chism. Maze is like Jekyll & Hyde.

I guess my point is that UT has shown flashes of great play, and when it comes together can play with anyone.

Florida on the other hand, is soft in the post ALL the time, and plays mediocre defense all the time. They rely on shooting the ball from the outside, and as Hat pointed out, without miracle shots from Parsons their season is spiraling out of control.

UT has a shot to make a tourney run to the sweet sixteen, or exit in the 1st round. I think Florida has no chance in hell at seeing the 3rd round of the tourney.

co-sign

I think it's got to be a performer or band with two #1 hits and one other top-5 hit.

Donovan did have a FF (or 2) before his 2 NCs, right? Maybe Kruger was HC for one of those.

Kruger did the heavy lifting and got the first one.

One game closer to Prince being out of our lives forever.

And the Vols won. It was a good day.

I agree with your Number 7.

But I pause to ask this question. If 1, 5, and 7 are all true, then doesn't that by definition also mean that Tennessee is also medicore and doomed to an early March exit?

When aren't we mediocre and doomed to an early March exit?

That Florida team was one of the least talented Final Four participants of the shot clock era.

Yeah. I remember Dan Cross and the other guard (Brown?) shooting lights out from three all season. I believe one of them set the school record, though I can't remember which one off the top of my head.

One game closer to Prince being out of our lives forever.

And the Vols won. It was a good day.

Unfortunately, I can understand your sentiment. He made some really great plays, but it is so hard to remember them when does the big negative ones.

And unfortunately, I think we really need him to put together about 6 games without these bonehead plays, if we are to do go very far in the tourney. Now, that is a basket most fans would prefer not to put their eggs in.

Without Prince, we have no one who can effectively drive and dish the ball. He has also done a great job on the boards in many games. Give the kid a break. He is not a great or even good outside shooter, but a gifted athlete.

Without Prince, we have no one who can effectively drive and dish the ball. He has also done a great job on the boards in many games. Give the kid a break. He is not a great or even good outside shooter, but a gifted athlete.

He is a gifted athlete. He is also a senior that fouled an off balance three point shooter and then made up for that by forcing the action and dribbling off of his face on two crucial posessions late in the game.

He is capable of making great plays, and he is a mismatch on almost anybody he faces, being either longer or quicker than anybody opposite him. That would be terrific if not for the absolute dunderheadedness that creeps into his game on regular occasions and the complete inability to make any shot outside of about 36 inches. It makes him a liability late in games when making good decisions and shots, particularly free throws, are at a premium.

He's got some great things in his game. He's got some terrible things in his game, and that's the frustration--all of the terrible things are controllable, but after spending 5 years on college campuses, he isn't any better at controlling them.

3. Scotty Hopson taking Tennessee's last shot without hesitation represents major progress. If you're going to be an impact player, that's a shot you have to want to take.

10. Ohio State is going to make serious noise in the NCAA Tournament. The light has come on for Matta's bunch.

Yep.
Yep.

He is a gifted athlete. He is also a senior that fouled an off balance three point shooter and then made up for that by forcing the action and dribbling off of his face on two crucial posessions late in the game.

Which admittedly, takes a great amount of skill in itself.

VN Store

Back