The Section 103 Postgame Report.

I agree with your Number 7.

But I pause to ask this question. If 1, 5, and 7 are all true, then doesn't that by definition also mean that Tennessee is also medicore and doomed to an early March exit?

I'm certainly not going to argue with that. Both teams are mediocre. I'm just glad to get the win.

Einstein the Parrot, followed by the dance team doing a routine to a Miley Cyrus song. If they have halftime shows in Hell, I'm pretty sure they look a whole lot like that atrocity.

That's the second time I've seen the Einstein halftime show. I thought it was just as retarded this time as the first time.

I am convinced they are trying to make these haltime shows as absurdly awful as possible. The only way that silliness could have been salvaged would have been for the Davey Crockett guy to shoot the parrot and its handler.

Alright? S'alright! Wheeeee!!! :blink:

No way was it a bad shot, it went in. LOL if it goes in it must have been a pretty good shot(not much margin for error with a hoop). How about skylar Mcthree? Made a couple big shots down the stretch.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1. That's what it sounds like when 20,000 people collectively exhale. If Tyus' shot goes down, so does Tennessee's season.
2. That game was as aestheically pleasing as a bikini contest between Queen Elizabeth and Aretha Franklin. It made the Knicks-Pistons '92 playoff gorefest look like Swan Lake.
3. Scotty Hopson taking Tennessee's last shot without hesitation represents major progress. If you're going to be an impact player, that's a shot you have to want to take.
4. Your best players have to make plays at the end of games. Chism and Hopson did exactly that on UT's final possessions.
5. Doug Moe once told me "You can hide your team's pimples for a little while, but eventually the makeup starts to run." Tennessee and Florida are both proof that assessement is accurate.
6. It's time to realize Billy Donovan is going to be the Richard Marx of coaching. A couple of big hits, followed by a long stay in Irrelevantville.
7. Florida is a medicore team. They will be able to thank Michigan State's injuries and a slop 70 footer for their inclusion in the bracket on Selection Sunday.
8. Einstein the Parrot, followed by the dance team doing a routine to a Miley Cyrus song. If they have halftime shows in Hell, I'm pretty sure they look a whole lot like that atrocity.
9. The crowd was a pleasant surprise. Not the most enthusiastic bunch, but the awful quality of play had something to do with that.
10. Ohio State is going to make serious noise in the NCAA Tournament. The light has come on for Matta's bunch.

Contrary to a few others here, I think it was a good shot. They were obviously slacking down Chism, forcing an outside shot. You could drive the lane and hope for a foul, but the step back and shoot worked great in that situation. Its obviously a shot he's comfortable with.

Dead on for Billy D. I've been saying that for years now, although I was thinking more along the lines of Chumbawumba, and not Marx.

Mediocre is the perfect definition of this Florida team. They have 3 wins that quite frankly, they shouldn't have. They will get demolished by a mid-major in the tourney.

Mediocre is the perfect definition of this Florida team. They have 3 wins that quite frankly, they shouldn't have. They will get demolished by a mid-major in the tourney.

Unfortunately, you could probably replace the name Florida with Tennessee and this would still be true.

No mention of JP's 'trifecta' of boneheaded plays?

He fouled a three-point shooter, turned the ball over, and allowed his man a driving layup. It was a barrage of mistakes that almost cost Tennessee the game.

I guess that's what you get with JP... some solid plays along with some mistakes. I think of Pearl's comment a couple games ago when he noted Prince was a couple points and a couple turnovers away from a triple-double.

He fouled a three-point shooter, turned the ball over, and allowed his man a driving layup. It was a barrage of mistakes that almost cost Tennessee the game.

I guess that's what you get with JP... some solid plays along with some mistakes. I think of Pearl's comment a couple games ago when he noted Prince was a couple points and a couple turnovers away from a triple-double.

I think we're all just accustomed to his screw-ups.

On a related note, I thought it was pretty sorry that Pearl pretty much called out the fans in his Post-Game Show for getting on JP.

Unfortunately, you could probably replace the name Florida with Tennessee and this would still be true.

At certain times, yeah that's fair to say. But the difference between UF and UT IMO, is that Tennessee is capable of playing a style of basketball that can win in the tournament. Chism, when he chooses to do so can play effectively down low, working inside out. Hopson, when aggressive could make an excellent tandem with Chism. Maze is like Jekyll & Hyde.

I guess my point is that UT has shown flashes of great play, and when it comes together can play with anyone.

Florida on the other hand, is soft in the post ALL the time, and plays mediocre defense all the time. They rely on shooting the ball from the outside, and as Hat pointed out, without miracle shots from Parsons their season is spiraling out of control.

UT has a shot to make a tourney run to the sweet sixteen, or exit in the 1st round. I think Florida has no chance in hell at seeing the 3rd round of the tourney.

1. That's what it sounds like when 20,000 people collectively exhale. If Tyus' shot goes down, so does Tennessee's season.
2. That game was as aestheically pleasing as a bikini contest between Queen Elizabeth and Aretha Franklin. It made the Knicks-Pistons '92 playoff gorefest look like Swan Lake.
3. Scotty Hopson taking Tennessee's last shot without hesitation represents major progress. If you're going to be an impact player, that's a shot you have to want to take.
4. Your best players have to make plays at the end of games. Chism and Hopson did exactly that on UT's final possessions.
5. Doug Moe once told me "You can hide your team's pimples for a little while, but eventually the makeup starts to run." Tennessee and Florida are both proof that assessement is accurate.
6. It's time to realize Billy Donovan is going to be the Richard Marx of coaching. A couple of big hits, followed by a long stay in Irrelevantville.
7. Florida is a medicore team. They will be able to thank Michigan State's injuries and a slop 70 footer for their inclusion in the bracket on Selection Sunday.
8. Einstein the Parrot, followed by the dance team doing a routine to a Miley Cyrus song. If they have halftime shows in Hell, I'm pretty sure they look a whole lot like that atrocity.
9. The crowd was a pleasant surprise. Not the most enthusiastic bunch, but the awful quality of play had something to do with that.
10. Ohio State is going to make serious noise in the NCAA Tournament. The light has come on for Matta's bunch.

This was one of his most aggressive games from beginning to end since he's been in Knoxville.

I think most of us just come to expect JP to make at least one stupid decision per game.

I agree with your Number 7.

But I pause to ask this question. If 1, 5, and 7 are all true, then doesn't that by definition also mean that Tennessee is also medicore and doomed to an early March exit?

You highlighted the number that answered your question.

Contrary to a few others here, I think it was a good shot. They were obviously slacking down Chism, forcing an outside shot. You could drive the lane and hope for a foul, but the step back and shoot worked great in that situation. Its obviously a shot he's comfortable with.

Dead on for Billy D. I've been saying that for years now, although I was thinking more along the lines of Chumbawumba, and not Marx.

Mediocre is the perfect definition of this Florida team. They have 3 wins that quite frankly, they shouldn't have. They will get demolished by a mid-major in the tourney.[/QUOTE]

That is spot on. Florida will be lucky to make the dance IMO.

I know it's popular to bash Billy D on here, but Chumbawumba? Come on.

I'd even upgrade him from Richard Marx to, say, Men at Work.

Agreed x2. I thought the pick and roll where Chism made the left-hander was terrific, as well. We need to see isolations and 2-man games with those two guys about 40 times a game, and they have to be able to step up and make them work.

Only thing was, it was a "dumb" shot, not a high percentage one.

No it wasn't. In that situation, you put the ball in a scorer's hand, let him make space and make a shot. That's what happened.

Boneheaded is too kind for the 3-point foul and the drive out of bounds. Seniors aren't supposed to single handedly give the game away, which he seemed to be trying to do.

Welcome to the big time
You're bound to be a star
And even if you don't go all the way
I know that you'll go far

I understand I'm putting myself at risk of being hated for asking someone to relive the moment, but what exactly happened during the halftime parrot routine?

I understand I'm putting myself at risk of being hated for asking someone to relive the moment, but what exactly happened during the halftime parrot routine?

A talking parrot and her extremely annoying handler took up 10 minutes of life that a few thousand people will never get back.

VN Store

Back