Rivals Profile

644187.jpg

Charlotte (NC) Independence

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 170 lbs
Class: 2010 (High School)

Scout $

2/20

From the UNC site. North Carolina, Florida, NC State, South Carolina and Tennessee have offered. He says he is set on giving an early verbal, and that it could come at any time. Grades are an issue and he is working to impove them.

Gators score touted corner Victor Hampton
Class of 2010 Victor Hampton has committed to sign with Florida, ESPN affiliate Web site GatorCountry.com reports. The Gators now have five commitments in their 2010 recruiting class.

From Independence (Charlotte, N.C.), the 5-foot-9 Hampton picked the Gators over early offers from Clemson, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and North Carolina State.

Hampton recently posted a 32.5-inch vertical, 4.2 20-yard shuttle, 40-foot powerball throw and 4.71 40-yard dash on a slow track at the Charlotte Nike Combine for a Sparq score of 99.33.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 6px;" valign="top">LSU picks up four 2010 commitments...</td><td style="padding: 6px;" class="" 1="" valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Reply</td></tr></tbody></table><hr color="#cccccc" noshade="noshade"> FB Brandon Worle, Lagrange, GA
WR Mike Davis, Dallas, TX
TE Nick Jacobs, Many, LA
ATH Tharold Simon, Eunice, LA

Jonathan Dowling, a safety from Bradenton Southeast just committed to Florida.

Is it me...or does it seem like every year Texas has filled about 80% of their class before spring practice?

So many in-staters that live to play at Texas that they can give an offer and a deadline to commit, and if the kid doesn't meet the deadline, they move to the next kid on the board. They can do that with so much in-state talent, most other schools can't do that.

Dakota (Dak) Smith committed to the Trojans. Nice pickup for USC. Smith is 6-foot-8, 335-pounds and could play either OL or DL but sounds like Carroll wants him for nose guard.

Dallas (Texas) Skyline wide receiver Joe Powell
The night's been going real good," Powell said. "Oklahoma just offered and I committed. I really got no words. That's the one I've been waiting for. I was right at a basketball game just chilling with a group of girls and my coach called me and it just went from there. I'm just so excited. You have no idea.

The Rich DO NOT Get Richer

DT Brown to transfer

<!-- /HEADLINE --><!-- MAIN PHOTO --><!-- /MAIN PHOTO --><!-- BYLINE -->
By Pat Dooley
Sun sports writer

<!-- /BYLINE --><!-- PUBDATE -->Published: Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:28 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:28 p.m.
<!-- /PUBDATE -->Although it is not a done deal, it appears defensive tackle John Brown will leave Florida without playing a down.

<!--
AC =
--><!-- GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT--><!-- /GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT-->Brown, who was a major recruit in 2007, sat out that season after starting practice late while waiting to be cleared academically. He suffered a broken wrist prior to this season and did not play.
He has apparently decided to get a fresh start somewhere else.
"It's not finalized yet," Urban Meyer said Thursday. "But it looks that way."
Meyer said he was not sure what schools Brown planned to consider for his transfer.
Brown was one of seven players from Lakeland High to sign with Florida in 2007.

The Rich DO NOT Get Richer

DT Brown to transfer

<!-- /HEADLINE --><!-- MAIN PHOTO --><!-- /MAIN PHOTO --><!-- BYLINE -->
By Pat Dooley
Sun sports writer

<!-- /BYLINE --><!-- PUBDATE -->Published: Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:28 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, March 5, 2009 at 5:28 p.m.
<!-- /PUBDATE -->Although it is not a done deal, it appears defensive tackle John Brown will leave Florida without playing a down.

<!--
AC =
--><!-- GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT--><!-- /GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT-->Brown, who was a major recruit in 2007, sat out that season after starting practice late while waiting to be cleared academically. He suffered a broken wrist prior to this season and did not play.
He has apparently decided to get a fresh start somewhere else.
"It's not finalized yet," Urban Meyer said Thursday. "But it looks that way."
Meyer said he was not sure what schools Brown planned to consider for his transfer.
Brown was one of seven players from Lakeland High to sign with Florida in 2007.

How much do you wanna bet he will not be allowed to transfer to any other SEC school. Especially not UT. I am sure that will be in the release agreement.

Again, the Rich are NOT getting Richer
tball Blog
Torrey on a tight rope

Florida defensive tackle Torrey Davis is in limbo. Based on what we're hearing, he's not officially off the team at this point, and he's not officially on it, either. If he were one or the other, we'd be hearing it from the folks over at UF. But at this point, there's nothing official on his status.

What it comes down to is Davis is in the same kind of limbo as defensive tackle Steven Harris after the 2005 season. In other words, he's on his own now. The only one who can help Davis is Davis.

Harris responded to a similar situation by sticking it out and turning his personal life around. He went to class, he worked toward his degree and took care of some concerns in his personal life. He didn't play, not at first, but by the middle of the 2006 season he had earned his way back into the coaches' good graces and he started to get on the field. He ended playing a key role late in the season in UF's 2006 national championship run - and he graduated, a real success story.

Can Davis do something similar? It's all up to him now. He has to want to go to class, he has to want to please the coaches, he has to want to play. Some guys simply aren't cut out for college. They don't like the work, they don't like school, they don't care about getting a degree. If his heart isn't in it - and apparently some believe it is not at this point - he's going to fall to the wayside.

i was just going to post something on this. looking at espn's 150 for next year the regular sec teams seem to be thriving again while we are stuck at 1 commit. i sure would like to see these o lineman and Qb kiffin talking that we need commit soon. it is already starting to look ugly next year. i know it is early, but this is what we paid them the big money for. i was very happy with the recruiting class this year with the time he has, but we have to start getting the big line talent. anybody else even mildly concerned.

i was just going to post something on this. looking at espn's 150 for next year the regular sec teams seem to be thriving again while we are stuck at 1 commit. i sure would like to see these o lineman and Qb kiffin talking that we need commit soon. it is already starting to look ugly next year. i know it is early, but this is what we paid them the big money for. i was very happy with the recruiting class this year with the time he has, but we have to start getting the big line talent. anybody else even mildly concerned.

You do know that National Signing Day is next year right?

Also, did you happen to pay attention to the class Kiffin put together in 2 months? I may be wrong, but February of 2010 is a little further than 2 months away.

I can see where you would be confused though, that supercharger the Earth had installed does have us revolving a lot faster these days.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back