The Rich Get Richer

the thing is that this kid's good and he was willing to commit now. Man, Saban's going to be a thorn in our side. I just hope he implodes under the pressure.

The fall signing date for basketball is more than six months away, but the Tennessee men's basketball staff has started to zero in on hot prospects.
Kenny Hall, a 6-foot-9 power forward from Stone Mountain, Ga., made a verbal commitment to sign with the Vols.
Hall, the No. 28 player in the Class of 2009 according to Rivals.com, said he'd be a Vol back in March.
Now comes news that Hall has received an invitation to try out for the U.S. National junior team in July.
"I'm excited, but I can't wait until this time next year when I'll really be getting ready,'' Hall said. "I like that class we (Tennessee) signed - we'll be set. I'd like to play with Scotty Hopson, but I know he's real good.''
So is Hall.
Hall led the Georgia Stars to the Final Four of an AAU tournament in Starkville, Miss., last week, averaging 15 points and 10 rebounds despite playing with a slight groin pull.
Hall averaged 24.6 points and 12.6 rebounds for Redan (Ga.) High School his junior year before committing to UT coach Bruce Pearl after the Vols defeated Kentucky in Thompson-Boling Arena.
"I think my strength is anything in the paint,'' Hall said. "I can hit the mid-range jumper and take people off the dribble or post them up.''
Hall would assume the scholarship held by power forward Ryan Childress, who will be the only senior on the roster next season.
UT, however, will likely pick up at least one more scholarship.
Forward Tyler Smith explored the possibility of entering this year's NBA draft before opting to return for his junior year, but fans shouldn't expect two more years from the talented Smith.
Incoming freshman Scotty Hopson, who signed with the Vols last Wednesday, is a possible one-and-done player. Hopson, the No. 5-rated player in the Class of 2008, has been projected as high as No. 15 in the 2009 NBA draft.
There are a few hot prospects already being lined up for that anticipated opening(s).
Point guard Mfon Udofia from Miller Grove High in Stone Mountain has UT listed along with Texas, Xavier, Clemson, Virginia and Georgia Tech.
Udofia, 6-2, 180, shut down five-star prospect Nolan Dennis at a recent AAU tournament in Arkansas, playing what Rivals.com described as "in-your-face'' defense. He is rated as the No. 36 overall player in the Class of 2009 and No. 5 among point guards.
Leslie McDonald, of Briarcrest Christian in Memphis has long been on UT's wish list.
McDonald, at 6-4, 195, is the No. 17 overall player in next year's class and No. 5 among shooting guards, according to Rivals.com.
McDonald is believed to be considering Duke, Georgetown, North Carolina, Memphis and Ohio State.
Jon Hood, a 6-6, 185-pound shooting guard from Madisonville, Ky., is getting a long look from the Vols, among others.
Ranked No. 39 overall and No. 7 among shooting guards, Hood recovered enough from a broken wrist to score 20 points in one half at his last AAU tournament.
Hood also is considering Duke, Kansas, Louisville, Indiana and Purdue, among others.
Tournament Field: The field is set for the Old Spice Classic in Orlando, Fla., Nov. 27-30.
The Vols will take part in the eight-team tournament which also includes Michigan State, Gonzaga, Maryland, Georgetown, Siena, Oklahoma State and Wichita State.

whooooo hooooo!

Udofia and Hall are both from Stone Mountain, so that could help us a little bit if we needed Udofia.

They don't mention Memphis when discussing the Old Spice Classic. I think the Tigers are in the field.

The one thing that I hate about those November tourneys (besides us being terrible in them the last 2 years) is that they've been the weekend of the last football game.

They don't mention Memphis when discussing the Old Spice Classic. I think the Tigers are in the field.

The one thing that I hate about those November tourneys (besides us being terrible in them the last 2 years) is that they've been the weekend of the last football game.

Tiger High chickened out when they realized Zaga and UT was in the field.

How can you not care about BB after the strides we've made?

You must be a football-only fan. :blink:

just some troll, thats all he/she ever does in the LOST thread. However, I can tell you how someone might not care about BB, they might just not like basketball.

Nu'Keese Richardson did everything he could to keep his college choice a secret until Friday afternoon's press conference at Pahokee High School.

The mystery is revealed: Richardson will be a Gator.

Richardson, rated as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com and Scout.com, announced his verbal commitment to play for Florida, and will attempt to enroll in time for 2009 spring practices. He said he currently is on track to graduate Pahokee after next semester.

He is 5-foot-10 1/2, 170 pounds, runs the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds and bench presses 205 pounds.

Last week Richardson said he was leaning toward South Carolina, and he has worn Gamecocks shorts throughout spring practices, but Florida appeared to be gaining momentum as his commitment day approached. He said UF recruited him as a multi-threat player who could potentially succeed Percy Harvin, who will be a senior by the time Richardson hits college.

Those two schools were ahead of three other finalists: Georgia, USC and Michigan. He never visited those three campuses, though he made multiple trips to Florida and South Carolina.

Richardson grew hoping to play for Miami, but ruled out the Hurricanes after they imported several receivers from the class of 2008. His nickname "Pete" comes from boyhood hero Peter Warrick, a former Florida State star, but a source close to Richardson said the Seminoles never asserted themselves in the hunt.

He also said no to any program that suggested playing him at defensive back.

Richardson was the Blue Devils' No. 3 wide receiver in 2007, behind seniors Martavious Odoms (now at Michigan) and Antavious Wilson (Buffalo). In a limited role, Richardson had 26 catches for 452 yards and six touchdowns.

This year he will start the season at quarterback, though Blue Devils coach Blaze Thompson admitted he was the last resort. Thompson hopes to develop another quarterback as soon as possible so he can move Richardson to receiver.

Richardson's passing ability is improving, but he will represent a sharp turn from pocket passer Anthony Sheppard, who went 28-0 with two state championships as Pahokee's quarterback the last two years. Sheppard signed with Western Kentucky in February.

Richardson's speed on the ground means he is more likely to resemble former Blue Devils' quarterbacks Alphonso Smith and Anquan Boldin. Wake Forest moved Smith to cornerback, and Boldin starred as a receiver for Florida State before the Arizona Cardinals drafted him in 2003.

isnt Percy enough?

Great, Florida gets another speedster. :banghead2:

And he is just what Meyer goes after. Players that can graduate early and go through spring practice......

It's funny how VHB disappeared when we were getting commits and now that we haven't had one in a month he is back to posting.

VN Store

Back