The Rich Get Richer

Offensive lineman Brent Benedict decision will come down to either Florida, Georgia or Alabama.

And despite the Tide receiving a commitment from Rivals100 quarterback Phillip Sims, Alabama is still looking for another quarterback in this class. Yes they have Blake Sims also committed, but he will likely end up at another position. Montana wouldn't mind being one of two quarterbacks in a recruiting class, so the commitment of Phillip Sims doesn't affect him either way.

I wonder what Phillip thinks about that? Since he was told he would be the only QB taken in this class.

Im praying that ND tanks this season, Weis is fired and ND dumps the US Mint on CUM.

All we need is ND to tank because you know they will drop it on meyer. OMGosh that would be a monsterous contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman 6-4 314 lbs offensive line prospect Geoffrey Gibson committed to the bears today. The kids a mauler, should be ranked

So much talent to choose from
I said it on National Signing Day and I'll say it again: Florida is going to have the greatest recruiting class of all-time in 2010. I haven't seen a year this loaded with talent in a while and Florida is snatching up some of the best athletes out there.

Of Florida's 12 commitments so far, one is rated a five-star prospect (Matt Elam) and nine are four-star recruits, according to Rivals.com. Scout.com has Elam again being the only five-star and rates five of Florida's other commits as four-star prospects. It's not even May, so these rankings are sure to rise as the year goes on.

So much talent to choose from - Gainesville Community Blogs

I hope Urban Meyer does go to Notre Dame so he will actually have to put a little effort in recruiting. Right now he barely lifts a finger and that is just to pick up the phone and call recruits while they are visiting schools.

Seriously, this guy doesn't have to work hard to get recruits like most everyone else. I saw and interview a while back and he actually said that is why he chose UF over ND before. He said he thought he had the best chance to win at Florida now, plus so he could be home every night with his family. How nice for him!

I hope Urban Meyer does go to Notre Dame so he will actually have to put a little effort in recruiting. Right now he barely lifts a finger and that is just to pick up the phone and call recruits while they are visiting schools.

Seriously, this guy doesn't have to work hard to get recruits like most everyone else. I saw and interview a while back and he actually said that is why he chose UF over ND before. He said he thought he had the best chance to win at Florida now, plus so he could be home every night with his family. How nice for him!

I don't think he would have too hard a time recruiting at ND. ND still continues to have some nice recruiting classes even thought they have had some down years. I think he would only make it better.

I don't think he would have too hard a time recruiting at ND. ND still continues to have some nice recruiting classes even thought they have had some down years. I think he would only make it better.

He would have solid recruiting classes because there would be players that would want to play for him, but it would be a huge difference. For one thing, the academic standards at ND are much higher and it isn't sitting in a talent rich state like Florida where players are basically jumping on board just so they can catch the boat before it fills up.

He would have solid recruiting classes because there would be players that would want to play for him, but it would be a huge difference. For one thing, the academic standards at ND are much higher and it isn't sitting in a talent rich state like Florida where players are basically jumping on board just so they can catch the boat before it fills up.

So we agree then?

What's with the super recruiting staff?... They need to put on a darn shirt and go recruit somebody.

They are a year behind with this class, but they will be fine. They were two years behind with last year's class and we see how that ended up. Patience, it's only the Spring still.

So we agree then?

Not exactly. His days of being home everyone night instead of hitting the recruiting trail across country would be over at ND. He might get solid classes, but not top 5 or top 10 every year like he does at Florida. That is without putting forth much more effort and working his butt off. He is in about the same shoes at Mack Brown at Texas. He has so much in state talent, recruiting is easy.

Not exactly. His days of being home everyone night instead of hitting the recruiting trail across country would be over at ND. He might get solid classes, but not top 5 or top 10 every year like he does at Florida. That is without putting forth much more effort and working his butt off. He is in about the same shoes at Mack Brown at Texas. He has so much in state talent, recruiting is easy.

Well I guess not then. I don't think he would be that hard for him to recruit. I think with his track record as a winning coach he would have kids that would want to play for him. I am probably wrong but I think he would do great things at ND. I am sure he won't have the big success like he did as FL but I think he will get them moving back up a lot quicker than most other HCs.

Well I guess not then. I don't think he would be that hard for him to recruit. I think with his track record as a winning coach he would have kids that would want to play for him. I am probably wrong but I think he would do great things at ND. I am sure he won't have the big success like he did as FL but I think he will get them moving back up a lot quicker than most other HCs.

One thing we can probably agree on. I bet he does much better at ND than Charlie Weis has. That guy better win some games this year, or he will be looking for a job.

New member here. I post on Volquest some, mainly look around, but I decided to join. I love the site. Go Vols!!!

Bama's version of NYC and his early projected class for the tide;

QB Phillip Sims*
RB Jalston Fowler*
RB Corey Grant
WR Markieth Ambles
WR Ronald Carswell*
WR Keiwone Malone*
WR Solomon Patton
OT Damien Robinson
OG Austin Shepherd*
OG Chad Lindsay*
OT Juwuan James