the religion of peace

As you are a Christian, I don't understand why you are so upset at other Christians going to paradise to be with Jesus where all their suffering and pain are melted away vs continuing to live in this wicked world. The article indicates most of them where probably killed quickly ahead of time and their bodies were hung postmortem.

Yes, because that makes it sooooo much better.

As if the subject has never been discussed here before.
The subject?
So you just lump all the atrocities of Islam into one? Nice
If it's a broken record maybe that should be taken up with Muslims. If I started a thread on every atrocity of Islam it would likely make up the majority of threads. So sorry to bother you with this tragedy. So your not inconvenienced I'll post future ones on this thread.

Oh, and memes require no thought.

The subject?
If it's a broken record maybe that should be taken up with Muslims. If I started a thread on every atrocity of Islam it would likely make up the majority of threads. So sorry to bother you with this tragedy. So your not inconvenienced I'll post future ones on this thread.

Neither does blindly hating an entire group of people based on the lunatics.

Reactions: 7 people
The subject?

As someone else said, I'm sure this really keeps you up at night, and not just another way for you to complain about how bad Islam is.

Reactions: 2 people
As someone else said, I'm sure this really keeps you up at night, and not just another way for you to complain about how bad Islam is.

This is am ad hominem attack. You are attacking me in an effort to not address the subject or argument. Which means you have no argument and nothing to offer in discussion. So, does posting such make you feel better about yourself?

You have to admit there seems to be an inordinate proportion of lunaticery with the muslims.

The fanatics are nuts but I have never met any.

It's half a world away and doesn't affect me at all so I don't really think about it to be honest.

"Douche" is just a modern day version of fool.

Matthew 5:22

You must be one of those Dick Cheney Republican. Christians.

Ron, I don't for one minute think you are the least bit concerned, but just for clarity. Matt 5 states, But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Jesus actually points out several things in the SOM. And by this standard I'm guilty of much worse. So, just to be clear, I'm not better or deserving of heaven than anyone, radical Muslims included. That said, the bible is full of examples of contempt for mockers and scoffers. This aint my first rodeo on VN. The level of discussion here is about as juvenile as you will find. IMO, I'm simply working within the parameters of discussion we see evidenced every day on this forum.

It's good to know that people are more concerned about a Christian calling someone a douche than they are about radical Muslims killing people because they hold a different religious belief. I mean, good grief. Article about murderous atrocities? "Yawn, broken record."
A Christian calls someone a douche? "Oh, the humanity. We won't stand for this egregious behavior!!!!"
It's ridiculous and the only thing more embarrassing is those who will applaud these asinine responses. It actually verifies what I brought up in the other thread. I assure you there are those here who are actually more troubled by the accusations of douchebaggery than they are about those heinous crimes. That is twisted, bat sh-t crazy, and there are no two ways about it.

So, the use of douche being a modern version of fool is a burden of proof you'll have to show through proper exegetical methods. I'd love to hear your defense and explanation of who is my brother and how the use of "you fool," contextually applies today. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: 4 people
The level of discussion here is about as juvenile as you will find. IMO, I'm simply working within the parameters of discussion we see evidenced every day on this forum.

It's good to know that people are more concerned about a Christian calling someone a douche than they are about radical Muslims killing people because they hold a different religious belief. I mean, good grief. Article about murderous atrocities? "Yawn, broken record."
A Christian calls someone a douche? "Oh, the humanity. We won't stand for this egregious behavior!!!!"
It's ridiculous and the only thing more embarrassing is those who will applaud these asinine responses. It actually verifies what I brought up in the other thread. I assure you there are those here who are actually more troubled by the accusations of douchebaggery than they are about those heinous crimes. That is twisted, bat sh-t crazy, and there are no two ways about it.

So, the use of douche being a modern version of fool is a burden of proof you'll have to show through proper exegetical methods. I'd love to hear your defense and explanation of who is my brother and how the use of "you fool," contextually applies today. Looking forward to it.

The problem is, that you are labeling an entire religion based on actions from a group of radical individuals.

Reactions: 3 people
Ron, I don't for one minute think you are the least bit concerned, but just for clarity. Matt 5 states, But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Jesus actually points out several things in the SOM. And by this standard I'm guilty of much worse. So, just to be clear, I'm not better or deserving of heaven than anyone, radical Muslims included. That said, the bible is full of examples of contempt for mockers and scoffers. This aint my first rodeo on VN. The level of discussion here is about as juvenile as you will find. IMO, I'm simply working within the parameters of discussion we see evidenced every day on this forum.

How's this for you: I couldn't give a **** about the fire of Hell, even if it exists.

But I do care about those 8 who were killed and crucified.

Reactions: 1 person
The problem is, that you are labeling an entire religion based on actions from a group of radical individuals.

I think you need to examine where the problem lies. You say i am labeling an ENTIRE religion based on the actions of a few. I respectfully and vehemently disagree. If a Muslim chooses to be peaceful, then that is awesome. However, it's my estimation that they are acting contrary to the tenets, history and founding of the religion.

So, am I just throwing out labels or am I simply identifying a label that is already there?

Stats show there are at least 250 million radical Muslims. Then there is another percentage (how many I don't know, but i think it's quite large) of those who don't act out radically, but acquiesce when it comes to sharia, caliphate, or radicals utilizing terrorists tactics. In other words, as Muslims they don't particularly endorse this course of action, but they also don't denounce it.

Bear, if the mainstream media reported every atrocity of Islam, I'm guessing you'd have a different opinion. You'd have to dedicate a separate TV news station just to keep up.
So, another good question is why are the vast majority of honor killings, persecution, etc. go unreported?
The fact is, many if not most of us don't care and some (like percy and flicka) don't want to be inconvenienced with this news. Imagine pissing on the graves of the victims because you don't like the news source. That's some sick crap right there.

Danl,
So what is your point, because you certainly haven't made one?

I think you need to examine where the problem lies. You say i am labeling an ENTIRE religion based on the actions of a few. I respectfully and vehemently disagree. If a Muslim chooses to be peaceful, then that is awesome. However, it's my estimation that they are acting contrary to the tenets, history and founding of the religion.

So, am I just throwing out labels or am I simply identifying a label that is already there?

The Religion of Pieces

robot-chicken-suicide-vest.jpg

Not judging you, but I am judging your action of spewing hate and missing the whole point of Christianity.

My deepest apologies. You aren't judging me but you are judging MY actions. Ok, got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Maybe you missed it, but I haven't advocated the murder and crucifixion of anyone. At least not today. I haven't even advocated (like PKT) that we Christians should thank the Muslims for killing our brethren and sending them on to glory, or inventing a magic bad muslim killing button. And I'm spewing hate? You manage to ignore all that nasty rhetoric and focus on the unforgivable sin of calling someone a douche? Nice. It's good everyone can tell that your response to me is only rooted in your deepest Christian love and preserving the unity of the peace! Bless your heart.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back