The real reason Marlin Lane was suspended

I guess domestic assault is a no no but rape is a minor offense according to that.

What should have happened? Lane was immediately suspended without being arrested. Charges were never pressed.

Paulk was arrested, then kicked off the team. If Lane was arrested, he would have been kicked off of the team.

In what way, shape, or form does my post imply that rape is a minor offense?

It would have been a bad knee jerk reaction for Butch to kick him off of the team without him being arrested. He took logical action and suspended him. Allegations are just that, allegations.

Reactions: 7 people
Anybody else read what I read?

I guess I'm just curious as to why this story is basically over a year and 1/2 old and Marlin was suspended in the spring of 2014????? I can understand a typo, **** happens, but when it comes to the credibility, and the livelihood of two young people one would think that the authors and editors would pay a bit more attention to detail. If the timeline is correct it makes one wonder why it took almost a year for the suspension. Thoughts?

Well, then you have Yemi mentioned. I thought the Yemi story was very old. I mean what was there to disclose about him? They booted him off the team, didn't they?

What point are you wanting to make?

In this instance I'm trying to make the point that we condemn other programs for covering this type of thing up, when it appears we did the exact thing.

In general, I'd like to make the point that you are the biggest loser that posts on this site.

Reactions: 2 people
Allegation made. Check.
Player suspended. Check.
Police investigation occurred. Check.
No charges filed. Check.
Player reinstated to team. Check.
Where is the failure of the University or the Athletic department?
Over reaction by media to non-story. Double check.

Reactions: 16 people
In this instance I'm trying to make the point that we condemn other programs for covering this type of thing up, when it appears we did the exact thing.

In general, I'd like to make the point that you are the biggest loser that posts on this site.

What makes you think it was covered up? I'm honestly curious

Specifically which case (s) are you referring to? Because the Jameis Winston case is literally nothing like this.

Reactions: 1 person
What a load of crap.

Why? when the UF kid was cleared, I felt bad that it had been played out in public.
The whole story could have been investigated without
us passing judgement.
That is what happened here. It was still investigated.

Uh-oh. This is where all the cowboys move to the side of the saloon and watch the sh*t go down.

Although legally - it does mean one didn't take place.

No it doesn't. It means the DA's office doesn't feel as though there is enough evidence to charge him with anything. Also doesn't mean there won't be charges in the future. It certainly doesn't mean he did anything wrong, and I am not suggesting he did. Millions of crimes take place in this country and no one is ever charged. Doesn't mean the crime didn't happen. Not even from a legal standpoint.

Reactions: 4 people
Well, then you have Yemi mentioned. I thought the Yemi story was very old. I mean what was there to disclose about him? They booted him off the team, didn't they?

Exactly my point. Yemi left in the spring of 2013. Marlin was not suspended in the spring of 2013 - he was suspended in the spring of 2014. The authors timeline is wrong. What else does she have wrong.

OJ was found not guilty so I guess Ron and Nicole aren't actually dead.

Being a victim of sexual assault is horribly embarrassing and you then we have people like you.
Marlin should be flipping burgers in Daytona Beach.

Not even comparable situations. This incident never went to court. So Marlin should be flipping burgers for doing nothing wrong?

Allegation made. Check.
Player suspended. Check.
Police investigation occurred. Check.
No charges filed. Check.
Player reinstated to team. Check.
Where is the failure of the University or the Athletic department?
Over reaction by media to non-story. Double check.
This and only this! Anything else is speculation by posters who are hyper sensitive to media influence. These same individuals are why infomercials still exist...

Reactions: 6 people
Only reason this as been brought up is the Tennessean has to do something with the vandy rape coming up next week and from what I hear it could be bad news for the university

The fact that we are just now learning about it. If it was out there and I didn't know it, then I apologize. Otherwise, how FL handled it makes our response pale in comparison, imo.

So just to be clear, the only issue you have with UT is that they didn't make this public knowledge earlier?

You have no issues with the investigating and conclusion?

There is NO difference . Be this the FSU case or any one else . There is NO difference between the Accused . I will bet , That you folks would have differing opinions based on the crime . EDIT : in other words , if this was a crack sale , the accused would be guilty before he go out of the cuffs . No , I don't sell crack . Just saying , some of us are ready to stone the accused before there could even be a trial , some are just OK it did not look bad about UT .

Tennessee , has long been a state of varying justice . Put up your knives boys n girls . NONE of us where there .

Last edited:
The fact that we are just now learning about it. If it was out there and I didn't know it, then I apologize. Otherwise, how FL handled it makes our response pale in comparison, imo.

Lol. That's not how this stuff is supposed to work. Police shouldn't talk about on going investigations. The university shouldn't either. I doubt you think Lane should have had a presser to announce it.

VN Store

Back