The real reason Marlin Lane was suspended

What, my good sir, does it mean then?

OJ was found not guilty so I guess Ron and Nicole aren't actually dead.

Being a victim of sexual assault is horribly embarrassing and you then we have people like you.
Marlin should be flipping burgers in Daytona Beach.

Reactions: 6 people
Before we get bashed, I want to say I commend Butch. He suspended Marlin and he was never even arrested. Also, as soon as Trayvon Paulk was arrested for domestic assault, he was kicked off the team. Kudos to Butch for due process.

I guess domestic assault is a no no but rape is a minor offense according to that.

Why does the headline say rape but the article only mentions sexual assault? They are two completely different things.

Great point, while neither are good, they still are totally different. They throw the word rape in the title but only say he watched her and the other guy... Watching 2 people have consensual sex and being accused of rape are totally different(esp when you were the one watching).

Beside, the did suspend him till investigation was over and he was cleared. FSU has actively covered up the whole rape incident, along with slander that female student.

Everything about the university i despise because of this incident. And yes it's the school im more mad at, they have pretty much shown their female students have no rights and aren't protected even by the police.

We are focused on the lane side of things but big picture for UT was you had 2 instances with similar handlings. Right or wrong it's out there now which is clearly one thing UT was trying to avoid.

Reactions: 1 person
It means she declined to press charges for whatever reason.

Bingo. I'm not condemning Marlin, because I wasn't there. But it's obvious that some of these cases disappear because somebody "gets to" the alleged victims. It's also obvious that some of these victims put themselves in a position to have bad things happen to them.

Reactions: 4 people
OJ was found not guilty so I guess Ron and Nicole aren't actually dead.

Being a victim of sexual assault is horribly embarrassing and you then we have people like you.
Marlin should be flipping burgers in Daytona Beach.

The two cases are apples and oranges. Your second sentence is incoherent so idk what to even say about that.

Innocent until proven guilty. I really really hate when people pass judgement and are so quick to jump to conclusions.

Reactions: 2 people
IF he did something wrong, I don't want him here.
With that being said, why would it not fall under other forms of assault?
Meaning - If the allegation is made, police may persue with or without the
accusers consent. Does anyone know?

Anybody else read what I read?
On April 13, 2013, running back Marlin Lane was suspended from the Vols football team with no specific explanation from university or team individuals. Coach Butch Jones said only he was off the team for "disciplinary reasons."
I guess I'm just curious as to why this story is basically over a year and 1/2 old and Marlin was suspended in the spring of 2014????? I can understand a typo, **** happens, but when it comes to the credibility, and the livelihood of two young people one would think that the authors and editors would pay a bit more attention to detail. If the timeline is correct it makes one wonder why it took almost a year for the suspension. Thoughts?

Reactions: 3 people

It appears that happened here. It says there was a full investigation

What exactly did UT do wrong here?

Looks like it was handled exactly how it should have been.

Really? And if this was what Florida or Alabama did I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing. Covering up this type of thing is exactly what I thought we always accused other programs of doing.

Reactions: 4 people
It's also worth pointing out that watching his roommate have sex isn't anywhere close to rape. It's not even on the same continent.

Reactions: 3 people

Police rarely pursue charges without victim insistence. Even so, it won't answer the question that you ask. Only Marlin and the woman know if a crime was committed, and it's likely that neither of them will be talking.

Really? And if this was what Florida or Alabama did I'm sure you'd be saying the same thing. Covering up this type of thing is exactly what I thought we always accused other programs of doing.

I'll ask again, what was done wrong?

VN Store

Back