The real reason Marlin Lane was suspended

The sheer tonnage of things you "miss" would probably stop a team of mules. The poster kept saying he was "cleared of all wrong doing". That is not the same thing as charges not being filed. You are either being argumentative for the sake of being so, or you are too stupid to understand the distinction.

Potatoes tomatoes...just for clarification, your "who said he was cleared? Where did you read this?" That wasn't argument mongering counselor?

If I was AD/coach I would never give the press any information voluntarily. The press does not care about the young girl involved, the player or the team. They are simply looking for anything to sensationalize to increase revenue, like a pack of sharks swimming around the boat. They could care less if they ruin the girls life, players life teams rep its all the same to them. Let the district attorney, parents and courts handle matters like this. We don't even need to know about it unless someone goes to jail. I have no problem with players being suspended with no reason given.

Reactions: 1 person
Several other "big names" jumped in with unfounded accusations. To my knowledge, no one has admited they were wrong or apologized to the players or their families. Nifong got fried, deservedly so; Duke, police, etc. have consequences hitting them. Never knew what was done about the false accusations by the woman or the "big names". Wrong in so many ways.

Good reason to investigate first, and if nothing is substantiated why publicize? (Unless someone needs a storyline.) The important thing is to have trustworthy investigators: police, attorneys, university. If we don't have that then everything is worthless. IF someone believes Lane is guilty, then also go after the investigators who are either incompetent or dishonst.

The accuser murdered her boyfriend two years ago...I'm sure Jesse Jackson was in court supporting her 100%.

Reactions: 2 people
Potatoes tomatoes...just for clarification, your "who said he was cleared? Where did you read this?" That wasn't argument mongering counselor?

Uh no. There very well could be additional articles with information that stated what the poster claimed. I'm gonna leave this alone and hope everyone involved the best.

Reactions: 1 person
I am sure the reporter believes that the woman involved is pure as the driven snow and has no culpability whatsoever. Another agenda driven story by the biased media pukes.

The sheer tonnage of things you "miss" would probably stop a team of mules. The poster kept saying he was "cleared of all wrong doing". That is not the same thing as charges not being filed. You are either being argumentative for the sake of being so, or you are too stupid to understand the distinction.

I could be wrong about this, but isn't a lack of charges the best case scenario for someone accused of a crime? Being cleared of charges is something that would only really happen if the accuser came out and publicly admitted to fabricating it, right?

Reactions: 2 people
So what if Lane is completely innocent? The problem with publicizing rape allegations(allegations, not convictions) is that the accused will forever be followed by a cloud of simply having been accused, guilty or not. For the rest of his life, there will be people that see him as "an alleged rapist." That stigma will follow him.

If the young woman involved was truly raped, then she has my deepest sympathies, but accusations do not equal guilt. False accusations are common. I'm not saying her accusations are false, but apparently there was not sufficient evidence to support her claims. So maybe Lane is now being unfairly crucified for a crime he did not commit. How does publicizing any of this help either party? It doesn't, it just helps drive a media cycle. There's no justice to be found in a poorly worded piece of so-called journalism.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back