The Putrid SEC Basketball Thread

Strong words coming from someone who got boatraced by our sucky football team.

Time and place. Time and place. 1st half season UK > 1st half season UT. 2nd half of the season was all UT, and not just because the schedule. We were so beat up (8 weeks without a bye) and hurt we would have lost to anyone like that. UT also found a QB and found it's footing to close the year out.

It's a mute point that HW made either way. UT no longer sucks at football. They shouldn't have a losing season for a long time unless something crazy happens. I think it's obvious UT is definitely improving light years more than UK. UK is improving, but it's a much longer process if it happens.

Don't kid.yourself blue eyes. While they do play great D, they also make a 15 foot jump shot look like a hail Mary. Cal is the definition of great recruiter average coach.

So you think any coach in the country could take the flipped rosters year in and year out and take them as far as Cal takes UK usually? I don't think so. I don't think anyone will argue Cal is the best coach in the game, but he's definitely way up there with what he does.

Sure they're strong, but true. You want to puff your chest out because UT drummed UK in football? Big whoop. What I said is accurate, no matter the amount of butt hurt it causes. UT isn't up in either sport.

Who cares?? why come in here bashing UT? Nobody on here is beating their chest about basketball. We made a good run last yr. that will do for a few yrs. UK is up in basketball. That's it. We beat you by 5 TDs in football. We beat you in our series in Baseball. You will beat us in basketball with 10 NBA players. Who cares. Boat racing ppl in SEC basketball is not that great of an accomplishment. The SEC is garbage. Kentucky is the only team that puts that much effort into it.

Last edited:
So you think any coach in the country could take the flipped rosters year in and year out and take them as far as Cal takes UK usually? I don't think so. I don't think anyone will argue Cal is the best coach in the game, but he's definitely way up there with what he does.

Lol. UK fans, the Kim Jongs of fandom.

nice win for the Bammers last night. would like to see Anthony Grant and his starched shirts make some noise this year.

Here's how I look at it.

Last year's Florida team was very good and went unbeaten in conference play.

This Kentucky team is a lot better than that Florida team, so I expect them to have a lot of fun during conference play.

I haven't seen much of the league play. I think when Florida is healthy, they are a legitimate tournament team, but suffered some losses early in the season because 3 and 4 guys were not available.

I'm sorry but all this talk about our fb program being down has drawn me in ,which team is going to a bowl game again ? :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm sorry but all this talk about our fb program being down has drawn me in ,which team is going to a bowl game again ? :thumbsup:

And that is entirely the point HWF was making. UT is a historically great football program. Making a bowl isn't the standard there anymore that just making the NCAAT is the standard for UK in bb.

Which team has won 6 national titles again? UT should be in a bowl game every damn year. It's not supposed to be impressive for UT to get there. UK on the other hand, was predicted to win 4 or 5 games. We won 5, which is as good as we could have hoped for this program.

Go troll in another thread Dallas.

I think Kentucky,Florida,Arkansas,Mississippi State and LSU go to the NCAA Tournament in March.

please disregard my previous post.

Florida will take their talents to the NIT.

They can come back from this. Need to beat Uconn and then only drop a couple during the SEC reg season. They are still the second most talented team in the league.

VN Store

Back