The Putrid SEC Basketball Thread

UT couldn't have put up 20 for the entire game yesterday, against either squad. Those are the two most elite defenses in the country, and one of the most physical games you'll see all season.

Reminded me of one of the old Big Eas slugfests between Uconn/Gtown/Cuse.

Don't worry about Tennessee. Tennessee will get 20 and then some against the Cats.

Arky can't seem to put away Northwestern State, 63-58 with 15 to go. Arkansas has not played particularly well on defense. They have some athletic guys, but are looking like NIT fodder to me.

Meanwhile, in sh***y SEC basketball, NW State still hanging with Arky, down by 4 with 6 minutes to go.

Is that going to be your moral victory? We'll let you have 80 if you like. Doesn't matter when you get beat like a drum.

Obviously that beat down your boys got the last time your high school All Americans were in Knoxville is still bothering you a little bit.

Tell me, how come you little kitties don't run your mouths on our board during football season.

Reactions: 2 people
Obviously that beat down your boys got the last time your high school All Americans were in Knoxville is still bothering you a little bit.

Tell me, how come you little kitties don't run your mouths on our board during football season.

1. I still love how UT fans choose to ignore the fact we had just lost our best player on the roster. So many things were wrong with that season, BTO hit the nail on the head predicting a rough year. I don't think anyone predicted NIT and the lack of effort to close out, but I think had Noel stayed healthy we would have at least squeaked into the tourney. When he got hurt we fell apart so bad. I think any sec team could have beaten us by 30 that day. UT was a decent team, they might have beaten us with Noel anyway, but not 30 imo.

2. We suck at football, so UK fans take basketball season and use it to get the years worth of jabs in. It's the same every year on the board. Chill out bro.

Reactions: 1 person
1. I still love how UT fans choose to ignore the fact we had just lost our best player on the roster. So many things were wrong with that season, BTO hit the nail on the head predicting a rough year. I don't think anyone predicted NIT and the lack of effort to close out, but I think had Noel stayed healthy we would have at least squeaked into the tourney. When he got hurt we fell apart so bad. I think any sec team could have beaten us by 30 that day. UT was a decent team, they might have beaten us with Noel anyway, but not 30 imo.

2. We suck at football, so UK fans take basketball season and use it to get the years worth of jabs in. It's the same every year on the board. Chill out bro.

You Really think Noel was the best player on that team?

You Really think Noel was the best player on that team?

Who was better than him? Poythress/WCS were developing as freshman, Wiltjer was a good shooter but not much more than that. Mays/Harrow barely held it together at times, although Harrow in all honesty is indeed a good pg, but had a rough year. Other than those 4 or 5 players our roster sucked so badly compared to the rest Cal teams.

Lol. Nothing about Tennessee bothers me. UT hangs their hat on football, just like UK does in basketball, and tends to ignore the other sport when the program is no good.

Problem for you guys is that you suck at BOTH now.

lol. Nothing about tennessee bothers me. Ut hangs their hat on football, just like uk does in basketball, and tends to ignore the other sport when the program is no good.

Problem for you guys is that you suck at both now.

funny-gifs-whisky.gif

Finebaum's next book: "My Roundball Conference Is More Putrid Than Your Roundball Conference".

Lol. Nothing about Tennessee bothers me. UT hangs their hat on football, just like UK does in basketball, and tends to ignore the other sport when the program is no good.

Problem for you guys is that you suck at BOTH now.

Strong words coming from someone who got boatraced by our sucky football team.

Strong words coming from someone who got boatraced by our sucky football team.

Sure they're strong, but true. You want to puff your chest out because UT drummed UK in football? Big whoop. What I said is accurate, no matter the amount of butt hurt it causes. UT isn't up in either sport.

UT couldn't have put up 20 for the entire game yesterday, against either squad. Those are the two most elite defenses in the country, and one of the most physical games you'll see all season.

Reminded me of one of the old Big Eas slugfests between Uconn/Gtown/Cuse.

Another blue blood drunk on great athletes running around. Why would UT score 20? If this depleted UT squad scores 20 then Cal is more on the bottom side of average than I thought.

VN Store

Back