The Official Tennessee vs. UTEP Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Helton is holding his cards for the next game. Probably won't show everything in the next game either. He will probably wait for the Vandy game to let it all out.
Hope that involves getting Jennings and Callaway the ball as much as possible. Using Chandler to set up the pass. Let JG get in rythem and put our foot on Floridas neck.

Reactions: sanglemangle
I had this same thought. It really does feel like they are trying to see how guys play in certain situations. I'm not sure I expect us to win more than 1 or 2 SEC games, but I think Pruitt is going about this the best he can.
That's what I told my wife I suspected he was doing. Getting film on these guys to see what they can do. A guy would make a good/bad play and rotate out. Start film.

Our RB's looked great because of an inferior D.

JG was a very efficient passer today, and I sincerely hope he's the permanent starter from here on.

RBs size, skill, and technique are great. This is a special bunch and need to be the center of our offensive game plan ever week, regardless of the competition.

Yes, JG is very efficient. That’s what he brings to the table. We need to accept that reality and build our game plan accordingly. We have to be careful not to find ourselves in a two-minute drill type situation where the QB would need to take over.

We are going to have to “work like heck” and golf clap 👏 to get by Florida. Don’t let the Kentucky loss fool you because Florida has athleticism and they turned the ball 🏈 over to lose. This game shouldn’t have been close.

JG does stare down his receivers and knows who he is going to before the ball is snapped. He’s our best option but someone needs to teach him eye 👁 control to keep safeties and lbs in place.

Is it just me, or did it seem like something was off with the main high angle/field view camara? Terrible picture quality. Like they were shooting it with a backup GoPro or somebody's phone or something. Actually a GoPro would probably look better. Sideline camera picture quality was excellent, so it wasn't my TV or cable.

(Sorry if this has already been discussed. Way behind.)

If they can get Richmond to play a little better or simply bench him...we win by 2 more touchdowns at least. I hope they remedy this by next week!

Unfortunately you are correct. The next five games could be very ugly. We have a shot at beating FL and SC. The three in the middle - zero chance.

Our oline is not going to allow us to leverage the running game against SEC defenses, and our QB has 1 passing TD in 3 games.

We have "a shot" in those games, but it's not a very good one.

Reactions: lifeVol
The Mrs.: Can a team get kicked out of the SEC?
Me: Well, Vanderbilt is still in the SEC.

But seriously, Vols got a win and a shutout without really trying and they're 2-1. Watching Florida now. They look beatable if the Vols come out to play.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Seriously dude?

Right now he isn't great but you're being ridiculous making statement questioning his toughness.

Wish yall would put the Team Jarrett and Team Keller to rest. Neither are world beaters but JG seems to have a chance of becoming SEC competent.

Back up cupcake...it was a comment after JG got run down and finger tackled again. Don’t infer I was comparing the two quarterbacks either. I wasn’t.

VN Store

Back