The Official Tennessee vs. UTEP Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee Volunteers: 1-1 (0-0 SEC)

usa_today_11207800.0.jpg

vs.

Texas El-Paso Miners: 0-2 (0-0 C-USA)

UTEP-vs-UNLV-25-1024x710.jpg

SEPTEMBER 15, 2018 | 12 P.M. ET | NEYLAND STADIUM - SHIELDS-WATKINS FIELD (102,455)

Weather: Hi: 88 / Low: 69 // Precip: 13%
Line: UT -31.5
O/U: 49

Toyota Vol Village: 8:30am ET
Vol Walk: 9:45am ET
Gates Open: 10am ET
Band March: 10:20am ET
Kickoff: Noon ET

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius Ch. 98 // XM Ch. 190
Online: WatchESPN.com

UTEP_Game_Promo.jpg

Five Vols Score First Collegiate Touchdown

Tennessee had five players score their first-career touchdown in Saturday's win over ETSU (Marquill Osborne, Jeremy Banks, Darrin Kirkland Jr., Josh Palmer and Jordan Murphy). Osborne returned his own blocked punt for UT's first touchdown of the game, Banks posted a pair of rushing touchdowns, Kirkland recorded his first-career pick-six, Palmer scored on end-around in the second quarter and Murphy caught a 50-yard pass in the fourth quarter.

Graduate transfer running back Madre London also found the endzone for the first time in a Tennessee uniform, rushing for a pair of scores. Fellow grad transfer Keller Chryst threw his first touchdown pass for UT in the fourth quarter as well.

About UTEP

The University of Texas at El Paso is led by first-year head coach Dana Dimel, who spent the previous nine seasons as the offensive coordinator at Kansas State. This is Dimel's third head-coaching stint after spending time as the head man at Wyoming (1997-99) and Houston (2000-02). Dimel was the head coach at Wyoming in 1999 when the Vols defeated the Cowboys, 42-17, in Neyland Stadium.

The Miners are led by a dynamic playmaker at quarterback in Texas transfer Kai Locksley. The junior signal caller was named the 2017 Spalding NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year after leading Iowa Western C.C. to an 11-1 record last season. Through two games with UTEP, Locksley leads the team in passing yards (177) and rushing yards (169). Locksley rushed for 119 yards and two scores in a loss to UNLV last week.

UTEP is led by another transfer on the defensive side of the ball, as linebacker A.J. Hotchkins has tallied 21 tackles to lead the team through two games. The former Oregon Duck came to the Miners as a graduate transfer this offseason.

Saturday's meeting between the Vols and Miners will be the third time the two programs have met on the gridiron. The last meeting between the two schools was nearly three decades ago when Tennessee blanked UTEP, 56-0, in 1990. The first time the two schools met was in 1986 with the Big Orange winning a close contest, 26-16.

50TH ANNIVERSARY OF McCLAIN’S FIRST GAME

Friday will mark the 50th anniversary of Lester McClain becoming the first African American to play football at Tennessee. The wing back from Nashville played against Georgia in Neyland Stadium on Sept. 14, 1968. McClain will be honored at a game later this season.

I'm getting up in 5 hours and heading that way. I can't wait! My wonderful wife, who is a nasty dawg fan, is putting her pride aside and coming with me. GBO!
Ummm...do you reciprocate? You go to dawg games with her? Bless your heart, if so.
I can’t stand being around those leghumpers when their bad, but now that they have a great team they are insufferable.

My satellite provider has to repair something with my equipment. Missed last week's game and will miss today's game 😠 Two more weeks before they can come look at it. Y 'all post updates often during the game. GO VOLS

VN Store

Back