The Official Tennessee @ Alabama Series Thread (Fri. March 15 8PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. March 16 8PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. March 17 2PM EST SEC NETWORK)

He did win the battle but he never saw a hitable pitch in 9 pitches.
What you call hit-able isn’t the same as every batter. The golfed HR vs Vandy you would say wasn’t hit-able either. He fouled off more pitches today better than that pitch, from a location standpoint.

What you call hit-able isn’t the same as every batter. The golfed HR vs Vandy you would say wasn’t hit-able either. He fouled off more pitches today better than that pitch, from a location standpoint.
Every pitch that kid threw that inning was a breaking ball that wasn’t close to a strike. If you think that’s great plate discipline, Good for you.

I still find it hilarious to read the meltdowns of some in here as if this was an elimination game or series. It blows my mind that there’s a lot of people who don’t seem to understand baseball at all and there are legit people upset about an 18-3 baseball team. If those folks follow a mlb team, I can only imagine a meltdown they have if their team starts 5-5 in a 162 game slate lol.

I still find it hilarious to read the meltdowns of some in here as if this was an elimination game or series. It blows my mind that there’s a lot of people who don’t seem to understand baseball at all and there are legit people upset about an 18-3 baseball team. If those folks follow a mlb team, I can only imagine a meltdown they have if their team starts 5-5 in a 162 game slate lol.
Having followed the Astros, for years, I get a pretty good snicker. The first few years of Luhnow, the hundred loss seasons, the focus on the MiLB and prospect tracking…
…thickened the skin and helped to sharpen my Beisbol fandom.

Reactions: NO SIR EEE
Having followed the Astros, for years, I get a pretty good snicker. The first few years of Luhnow, the hundred loss seasons, the focus on the MiLB and prospect tracking…
…thickened the skin and helped to sharpen my Beisbol fandom.
Losing sucks, but when Tennessee was being bad at baseball and The Braves were struggling, I just always stuck it out.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Amen. Baseball is a long season and losing the opening series is disappointing but not overly concerning.

A little coaching might have helped. Make them take a pitch. Maybe even take a strike. Help calm the nerves and get them into the at bat. Nope. Just up there free swinging at junk.
Earlier in the game, Amick comes up with bases loaded, I think, and 1 out. Pitcher just walked Burke on 4 pitches and Amick swings at the first 2 low breaking balls to pop out to first….Might have wanted the guy to throw a strike, guys need to settle down a bit at the plate, my opinion!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Every pitch that kid threw that inning was a breaking ball that wasn’t close to a strike. If you think that’s great plate discipline, Good for you.
You’re literally arguing that a kid who worked a walk and whiffed on one pitch that he swung at, had bad plate discipline. The whole point of breaking balls is to make them look hitable while predominantly not being. Every topic on this board you speak from an authoritarian, everything is definitive standpoint, as if there aren’t gray areas. I’m sure you had a slew of AB’s against SEC pitching and held off every breaking ball you faced.

You’re literally arguing that a kid who worked a walk and whiffed on one pitch that he swung at, had bad plate discipline. The whole point of breaking balls is to make them look hitable while predominantly not being. Every topic on this board you speak from an authoritarian, everything is definitive standpoint, as if there aren’t gray areas. I’m sure you had a slew of AB’s against SEC pitching and held off every breaking ball you faced.
He swung at 5 pitches no where near the strike zone. Even when he had a 2-0 count. I guarantee you know nothing about hitting.

I guess Tears & V had great discipline also.

My opinions are stated such because I bother to read & listen to coaches comments before & especially after games. You can learn a lot about how our opponents prepare & game plan for the Vols by their comments postgame. Unfortunately many don’t have a clue that teams actually have scouting reports, strategies to use against the Vols. Sorry if I offend. Please feel free to use ignore.

Last edited:
Baylor takes the series versus Texas Tech, both have losing conference records…just saying.

He swung at 5 pitches no where near the strike zone. Even when he had a 2-0 count. I guarantee you know nothing about hitting.

I guess Tears & V had great discipline also.
It's easy to not swing at balls out of the strike zone sitting in the stands or from the couch. Difficulty rises closer you get to the batters box.

VN Store

Back