The Official Tennessee @ Alabama Series Thread (Fri. March 15 8PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. March 16 8PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. March 17 2PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Did you see his AB? He swung at about 5 pitches that were not close to strikes & all he could do was foul them off. He was fortunate that 4 pitches were not even close.

Ted Williams said the first secret to hitting is “get a pitch you can hit”. None of those three did that.
He “hit” all of them but one so he did his job. He saw everything the kid had and won the battle.

Reactions: taylorvol
I know every them does it, but I hate the water down non conference series to start the season.
Every team doesn’t though. Bama went on the road to Hattiesburg for a mid-week game, UF has played Miami on the road and UCF and FSU already, State has played Southern Miss, AM played Texas, UGA played GT egc. K-State was step up but still not remotely close to preparing us for SEC play. Wish we’d pick up a mid-week vs a Clemson, VT, Wake, GT, UofL. All solid programs within a 3-4 hr drive of Knoxville.

While it’s disappointing, this was the first in conference series. Hooefully some of the posts were due to the fact it was a bad weekend for TN sports.

With that said, one week will make a difference. TN will advance to the Sweet 16 and ⚾️ Vols with the weekend series.

Every team doesn’t though. Bama went on the road to Hattiesburg for a mid-week game, UF has played Miami on the road and UCF and FSU already, State has played Southern Miss, AM played Texas, UGA played GT egc. K-State was step up but still not remotely close to preparing us for SEC play. Wish we’d pick up a mid-week vs a Clemson, VT, Wake, GT, UofL. All solid programs within a 3-4 hr drive of Knoxville.
Our noncon was plenty stiff…

Somebody explain why our starter went only 2 innings. Is he rehabbing? And why would we throw a reliever 5+ innings, which was clearly an inning too long. Both are contrarian pitching moves. Is Snead starter material, and that's why he went 5?

Explosive start to the series and then we fizzled against a hated rival. Uggh.

UF and FSU always do a home, away, neutral. Would love to see it with one of the teams you listed.

I’m Afraid the game day thread that we knew from yesterday are gone forever.success has its spoils.

It’s certainly different. I don’t mind, certainly happy for the success. Living or dying on every pitch or AB is however, an adjustment.

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back