The official "regular posters of the Basketball forum" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bama should be well attended.

Vandy won't.

Neither will meet Bruin's standards because this is what he thrives on. No matter what the number ends up being he can complain and say it wasn't enough and start doing his weird cussing act.

14 k for Vandy

17k for Bama if bid is on the line.

Both well below where this fanbase was.

Not asking too much

I don't get caught up in comparing numbers. I just don't get it. The UK and KSU wins are clear examples that out young team thrives with a home court advantage.

And then fans tuned into the next Saturday to watch us crap our pants vs Miss State. They still showed up last week to watch us do it in person versus Georgia.

Wednesday has never been well attended.

We've never had a 6:30 Wednesday game until this year. That is a recipe for a friends and family only type crowd.

Wednesday vs Vandy isn't gonna be a packed house. Whatever number we get will be more than it would be at any place in this conference not named Kentucky.

You probably should check your Wednesday numbers over the past 10 years.

You probably should check your Wednesday numbers over the past 10 years.

Season ticket sales were much higher over the past ten years. I used to attend those Wednesday night games. The crowd was weaker on that night and many times very late arriving.

For next week you are relying on new sales to occur between now and then. Not gonna happen as much as it would if it were Tuesday.

And then fans tuned into the next Saturday to watch us crap our pants vs Miss State. They still showed up last week to watch us do it in person versus Georgia.

Not sure what at MSU has to do with it. I am sure the crowd was lighter at home against UGA.

Because you named two games we had just won. We were rolling. No doubt many fans started paying attention. Then we crap the bed vs MSU.

Then our fanbase doesn't understand. A loss at MSU didn't effect anything, and many of us were saying that. We had a definite number to win, and it didn't matter who we beat.

I will end all of this by saying that you have basically proven my point. We don't have fans who care enough.

Then our fanbase doesn't understand. A loss at MSU didn't effect anything, and many of us were saying that. We had a definite number to win, and it didn't matter who we beat.

I will end all of this by saying that you have basically proven my point. We don't have fans who care enough.

And you don't live in reality if you expect that.

That arena holds 21k. You can't fill it up with people who post in this forum. You've gotta win more to get TBA filled 20 times a year.

And you don't live in reality if you expect that.

That arena holds 21k. You can't fill it up with people who post in this forum. You've gotta win more to get TBA filled 20 times a year.

I never said 20 times a year. I think I have stated that. Now is a good time.

I guess we have to have 3 straight successful years for people to show up.

I never said 20 times a year. I think I have stated that. Now is a good time.

I guess we have to have 3 straight successful years for people to show up.

They are showing up. Tune into a Missouri home game if you want to see what it looks like elsewhere when you've had a bad run.

They will show up for Bama with a tournament appearance on the line. They are not gonna turn up in large numbers for Vandy on a Wednesday night for a team that's 15-12.

Several people on this forum posted that we have to win the SEC tourney to get in NCAA (obviously wrong, but that sentiment is out there).

Yup. Slowly buying in on Barnes and this team. Great sign. After what this program has been through I would love to see us sneak into the tourney. It would have the fanbase looking forward to next November all off season.

That plus the addition of Pons would be beyond best case scenario considering what most were saying/thinking 5 months ago.

Somewhat on this topic, I've said a million times I would love to see the arena seating shrunk down to about 18k and for the students to be relocated to the sidelines. Unfortunately that will never happen but it would create a much better atmosphere and would give you a much higher percentage of fans there who actually want to be there, not the blue hairs who inherited the seats and show up twice a year.

😂😂😂😂

Barnes: How long did that haircut take?

Hubbs: 40 minutes.

Barnes: You should have spent that time working on your jump shot.

Reactions: 2 people
Somewhat on this topic, I've said a million times I would love to see the arena seating shrunk down to about 18k and for the students to be relocated to the sidelines. Unfortunately that will never happen but it would create a much better atmosphere and would give you a much higher percentage of fans there who actually want to be there, not the blue hairs who inherited the seats and show up twice a year.

The ticket structure is part of the problem too. If I donate for football seats then I can get great basketball seats for no donation. Many people just get the tickets and don't go or they go but just aren't that into hoops.

The students on the sidelines will never happen. It's possible we shrink the seating again.

Hubbs walks in. Barnes does a double-take.

"Sorry, I just saw the worst haircut I've ever seen."

Hubbs looks over his shoulder, blows kiss

The ticket structure is part of the problem too. If I donate for football seats then I can get great basketball seats for no donation. Many people just get the tickets and don't go or they go but just aren't that into hoops.

The students on the sidelines will never happen. It's possible we shrink the seating again.

I would make the whole upper level suites like the one side already is...

Would cut the capacity down to about about 18k

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back