The official "regular posters of the Basketball forum" thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 15K to show up to watch us play a terrible Missouri team, with an early start time, a week after blowing a big lead at home is pretty good.

I'd like to think we can get 14K for Wednesday but I agree with Ziti that Wed night games even against Vandy will be tough to top 15K. It's not like Vandy fans travel well.

Reactions: 1 person
Please don't compare me to Bruin, lol. I understand what you are saying; I just don't agree with it. A true basketball fan appreciates what they are seeing this year. That's the problem- we don't have a lot of true basketball fans. Many are fair weather, and that's true for many teams. But it doesn't make it right. This team is on the bubble with 8 freshmen and sophomores in the rotation and 2 players who were dismissed or injured for the year. The fact that they took Oregon to OT and lost at UNC by 2 should be even more of an incentive.

Exactly. We have some football fans that like bball too. A true bball fan would know to look at the circumstances around the season.

Please don't compare me to Bruin, lol. I understand what you are saying; I just don't agree with it. A true basketball fan appreciates what they are seeing this year. That's the problem- we don't have a lot of true basketball fans. Many are fair weather, and that's true for many teams. But it doesn't make it right. This team is on the bubble with 8 freshmen and sophomores in the rotation and 2 players who were dismissed or injured for the year. The fact that they took Oregon to OT and lost at UNC by 2 should be even more of an incentive.

Nobody is buying a ticket package after a close loss.

Don't worrry that number will get twisted, but it's quite obvious numbers are trending up, no denying that.

Yup. Slowly buying in on Barnes and this team. Great sign. After what this program has been through I would love to see us sneak into the tourney. It would have the fanbase looking forward to next November all off season.

Haha. They weren't even showing up for some of those blown leads. What was the attendance for UTC? Argument is going in circles.

Once again, fair weather.

If you want 18k a night in this town after a six year downward skid you're gonna need to put a winning product on the floor. Sorry. You can call that fair weather or soft or whatever but we still put more butts in seats than most and this fanbase cares more about basketball than any other fanbase in this conference besides UK.

If you want 18k a night in this town after a six year downward skid you're gonna need to put a winning product on the floor. Sorry. You can call that fair weather or soft or whatever but we still put more butts in seats than most and this fanbase cares more about basketball than any other fanbase in this conference besides UK.

Never said 18k a night. But I do expect good attendance when our team is overachieving, plays hard, and is on the bubble. It's not that difficult to understand. I guess I just appreciate good basketball. It's fun to me. Obviously, others don't think so.

Never said 18k a night. But I do expect good attendance when our team is overachieving, plays hard, and is on the bubble. It's not that difficult to understand. I guess I just appreciate good basketball. It's fun to me. Obviously, others don't think so.

Attendance has been good considering

UT lost 3 of last 4 games. Can't believe more didn't show up and walk in the rain to get there in time to see Missouri lose their 30th straight SEC road game.

With my argument, I really wasn't even upset about today. We played a bad team. But there were statements made that attendance won't be better against Vandy or Bama. To me, that's just ridiculous.

UT lost 3 of last 4 games. Can't believe more didn't show up and walk in the rain to get there in time to see Missouri lose their 30th straight SEC road game.

Excuses. Glad the players decided it was important.

Been a very good day so far with the bubble what's the excuse going to be Wednesday?

Lol. Lost 1k fans from last week. Pathetic with the NCAA on the line.

They've lost 3 of 4, just got blown out by our biggest rival, and played the worst team in the SEC. I'm shocked attendance was as good as it was, especially in light of the opinion of many fans that believe we won't make the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: 1 person
With my argument, I really wasn't even upset about today. We played a bad team. But there were statements made that attendance won't be better against Vandy or Bama. To me, that's just ridiculous.

Bama should be well attended.

Vandy won't.

Neither will meet Bruin's standards because this is what he thrives on. No matter what the number ends up being he can complain and say it wasn't enough and start doing his weird cussing act.

Bama should be well attended.

Vandy won't.

Neither will meet Bruin's standards because this is what he thrives on. No matter what the number ends up being he can complain and say it wasn't enough and start doing his weird cussing act.

I don't get caught up in comparing numbers. I just don't get it. The UK and KSU wins are clear examples that out young team thrives with a home court advantage.

Lol as if that's a new thing. I recall when only 1 SEC a week was on Tuesday.

Wednesday has never been well attended.

We've never had a 6:30 Wednesday game until this year. That is a recipe for a friends and family only type crowd.

Wednesday vs Vandy isn't gonna be a packed house. Whatever number we get will be more than it would be at any place in this conference not named Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back