The Official Ole Miss @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. March 22 6:30PM EST) (Sat. March 23 6PM EST) (Sun. March 24 1PM EST) (ALL GAMES ON SEC NET+)

It’s because the UTAD has priced out most of the people that actually like baseball. The resellers and wealthy donors that just get tickets to give to clients dominate the best seats.

I still have my season tickets, but they are doubling in price next season. Ultimately, the answer is the athletic department is trading a passionate fanbase for more money. I’m not saying that is necessarily “wrong”, but it is why I have yet to see a full house at LNS this season.
I no longer have problems with resellers.

They actually pass along the seats to those who want to go to games.

The problem is the football donors getting first priority and then simply not caring if the seats are actually used. Due to donor rankings of those that were able to get tickets. The lowest figure was prior donations of about $95,000. One can surmise that most were well above that figure. Simply put, those with FU money can't be bothered to pass along tickets.

They'll show up for 1-3 games and then bitch about how crowded it is at the regionals.

Half the 4Topps have not been sat in yet!!!!!!!

I am not gonna go on the resale mkt. and buy midweek tix, not gonna happen. My kid gets home at 4, miraculously has no homework? Maybe. But only if they sell em at the box office. And thus far, I have not confirmed that is a possibility.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sunday was only game I could get to this weekend, was very surprised by the lack of enthusiasm by the crowd for an SEC opponent two years removed from winning the World Series.

Im not sure what was up with the student section either, but no energy there at all!?!? Was really strange to me. Someone tell them it’s ok to stand up and cheer when the Vols hit the ball over the fence.

As for the empty seats I think the re sale policy and all the letters that went out telling people they could no longer get season tickets due to selling to many are the primary reason. Just not worth it to sell, or even transfer for free, tickets and risk losing them. And the other reason is I agree with others it’s turning into a corporate/pro sports environment. Yuck.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The problem with the student section is the ushers. They have harassed the student section so hard for being too loud and standing up all the time. I told one of the ushers the other day in that section that we needed them to be loud. If those behind them did not like it, they should stand up with them. It is our fans complaining that our students are being too loud and obnoxious.

The problem with the student section is the ushers. They have harassed the student section so hard for being too loud and standing up all the time. I told one of the ushers the other day in that section that we needed them to be loud. If those behind them did not like it, they should stand up with them. It is our fans complaining that our students are being too loud and obnoxious.
What? That’s ridiculous! Students should be talked to IF they AREN’T being loud or standing up. I bet CTV would be highly ticked off if he heard that ushers are getting after the students for standing up or being too rowdy (as long as they aren’t using profanity).

What? That’s ridiculous! Students should be talked to IF they AREN’T being loud or standing up. I bet CTV would be highly ticked off if he heard that ushers are getting after the students for standing up or being too rowdy (as long as they aren’t using profanity).
This reduces the hornets nest effect. Finely crafted by the Legion, it has been destroyed.

Last edited:

The worst part...the ushers have been instructed to do so. I know that for a fact. And if they don't, the Axis people are over there. They Hawkeye their tickets, not a single toe out of line, no standing, etc. I don't know where that's coming from, but its not a good thing. I don't know if its the new 'premium seating' in front of them or what. (honestly, just the words "premium seating" make me sick, Danny White says it so much).

Its such a strange vibe sitting next to them. Its like they've completely excised the wild bunch that was there. There is one long haired dude that's always there and clearly invested...the rest are just disinterested girls curled up in their seats, guys quietly discussing things, etc. Maybe a few groups of 3 or 4 here and there that will actually make some noise once an game. Honestly, the younger alumni types behind the dugout have been the ones making more noise.

Have to hope the mid 70s and sun will finally wake them up this weekend.

The crew that was all so wild has graduated and were not replaced with equals. Yes the ushers have been instructed but no one will/can tell me by who so I can argue and I am guessing it is the fans sitting around them that have complained. I'm a part of the wall crew and we have had some fans complain that we are too loud. Oh well.

The crew that was all so wild has graduated and were not replaced with equals. Yes the ushers have been instructed but no one will/can tell me by who so I can argue and I am guessing it is the fans sitting around them that have complained. I'm a part of the wall crew and we have had some fans complain that we are too loud. Oh well.

Lord have mercy, if people are complaining about the wall crew we might as well just tear the place down. That's one of the few places thats had any juice this year. Yall are great.

I called the ones I know to ask who is driving the wet blanket on the students. All the ushers know is that its their boss(es), which, doesn't really tell us anything because that call isn't made at that level. Its someone above them. So I think you're right that its likely someone near the students (and that's new) that is complaining.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed spring weather does what it does to most of us and perks things up.

Reactions: GenRRN
I believe the plan is to move the students to seats beyond the right field wall. Most schools do this and it would likely be perfect. They could be granted more "freedoms" and could have their own concession lines with perhaps more targeted products (ie cheaper beer and food for student-only stands). They could have their own entrance and restrooms that could be separated from the rest of the stadium. (like the outfield grandstands at old Yankee Stadium)

I think they would actually be better heard by the rest of us as they would be facing the rest of the seating area instead of facing toward the field.

The school and students would have more "options" in the outfield. Hell! A good idea would be to make the student section in right field look similar in appearance the porches in left field. 3 terraced layers of students standing on the rail or even with bar height stools or bleachers with drink rails. It would be like a hornet's nest of good old fashion hate out there! Think of the scantily clad coeds in the sun when the weather warms up.

Three large rows of terraces.
On each long terrace, there are 3-4 rows of high seats (stools or bleachers). The 2nd and 3rd rows would be sitting on progressively higher platforms.
It would be madness!

I would pay to sit out there with them and party like it's 1995.

Last edited:
Lord have mercy, if people are complaining about the wall crew we might as well just tear the place down. That's one of the few places thats had any juice this year. Yall are great.

I called the ones I know to ask who is driving the wet blanket on the students. All the ushers know is that its their boss(es), which, doesn't really tell us anything because that call isn't made at that level. Its someone above them. So I think you're right that its likely someone near the students (and that's new) that is complaining.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed spring weather does what it does to most of us and perks things up.
Yet another unforeseen problem caused by the premium seating rush.

I'm surprised there's been enough premium ticket holders to complain about student noise.

I believe the plan is to move the students to seats beyond the right field wall. Most schools do this and it would likely be perfect. They could be granted more "freedoms" and could have their own concession lines with perhaps more targeted products (ie cheaper beer and food for student-only stands). They could have their own entrance and restrooms that could be separated from the rest of the stadium. (like the outfield grandstands at old Yankee Stadium)

I think they would actually be better heard by the rest of us as they would be facing the rest of the seating area instead of facing toward the field.

The school and students would have more "options" in the outfield. Hell! A good idea would be to make the student section in right field look similar in appearance the porches in left field. 3 terraced layers of students standing on the rail or even with bar height stools or bleachers with drink rails. It would be like a hornet's nest of good old fashion hate out there! Think of the scantily clad coeds in the sun when the weather warms up.

Three large rows of terraces.
On each long terrace, there are 3-4 rows of high seats (stools or bleachers). The 2nd and 3rd rows would be sitting on progressively higher platforms.
It would be madness!

I would pay to sit out there with them and party like it's 1995.

Now we're talking!!

I can only hope this gets in front of the people that need to see it.

Yet another unforeseen problem caused by the premium seating rush.

I'm surprised there's been enough premium ticket holders to complain about student noise.

You're right. The two rows of seating in front of the students is rarely completely occupied, and its rarely the same people (I sit about 20ft away from it). Its what you would expect, corporate seats being used by random people most nights and 'the bosses' on the big nights.

If someone is actually complaining, its someone that has the big dogs phone list.

VN Store

Back