The Official Ole Miss @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. March 22 6:30PM EST) (Sat. March 23 6PM EST) (Sun. March 24 1PM EST) (ALL GAMES ON SEC NET+)

Seems as if everyone, including UT's AD office, has greatly overestimated the public's desire for baseball tickets. NASCAR did the same thing. Now look at them.

I bet the crowd when LSU comes to town will be like that of recent years!
Yeah but it is sad that it will only be a crowd like that for LSU and Florida. Our team is very good and deserve a packed house. If the school is the reason for this then the school needs to do better by them.

Reactions: TheBigOne10
I don't think it is the school's fault. The fans just are ultimately fair weather fans who want to show up for the show but not the games. What you guys missed on the TV was the MVP room was packed Saturday and yesterday. They just were not in their seats.
There are many fans who want to complain about not getting to see them play but only want to come to a certain game and not the games that available. I tell people all the time. If you want to see them play, go to the Tuesday games. It is affordable and you can get all the tickets you want.

With the product on the field under Tony V, it's hard to imagine folks not wanting to be there for baseball.

Reactions: volplaya8
I don't think it is the school's fault. The fans just are ultimately fair weather fans who want to show up for the show but not the games. What you guys missed on the TV was the MVP room was packed Saturday and yesterday. They just were not in their seats.
There are many fans who want to complain about not getting to see them play but only want to come to a certain game and not the games that available. I tell people all the time. If you want to see them play, go to the Tuesday games. It is affordable and you can get all the tickets you want.
The problem with this is that most people don’t have weekdays off.

Reactions: KptVFL
I get that but why have their been free to reasonable tickets not sold to almost every game to this point?

I have looked to try and go on an SEC weekend(Just can't make it during the week). Was able to go to one of the Illinois games due to finding tickets I could afford.

The thing I've noticed about SEC tickets is when I've looked a week ahead folks were asking more than I could afford. Then it seemed those tickets wouldn't sell for that so they would reduce the price..... then reduce again..... and again. By Friday or Saturday I could have afforded what they were asking but it was just too late to make plans to go.

IDK. Could be part of it.

Reactions: Christian Lowe
I think it is also when some people say they can't get tickets that are reasonable they want certain seats. My friends told me they could not get tickets last weekend but they wanted either MVP or Porch tickets for less than $100. I laughed at them. I nicely said this is not 2015 anymore.

This coming Friday is $37 against UGA, Saturday is $42, Sunday is $35, I can get them for MIssouri for $17 for Thursday and Friday, $37 for Saturday. The only one I think is crazy is LSU. But even then you can get them for $100.
That is at least $240 for two people to watch one Sec series, much less a family. May not seem bad but you can get season tickets cheaper than that at many places including Sec schools. You can also go to almost any MLB game cheaper than that. It may not be crazy but common people aren’t paying that for regular season college baseball. Combining that with hit or miss weather and basketball playing in tournament and it further complicates things. Tickets for college baseball should be no more than 10-15 dollars unless every seat is actually filled.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Hey now! Not all of them. 😀 This fan (and many others) sat through the ran on Friday, the cold on Sat, and the beautiful weather on Sunday. 4 hour drive one way and make it to many away series, virtually every weekend series, and 1/2 the weekdays. Just saying there are plenty of loyal, diehard fans that support the BaseVols win or lose. 🍊👍👊😀👍🍊😀😃🍊👍.

Also…you can go to Sec tournament and watch all the teams at a rate of 6 tickets for around $75. Again it’s fine if all the seats are actually filled. But for 75 bucks I can watch the Vols, LSU, Florida, Arkansas etc and get 6 tickets that include sessions with multiple games. Or I can pay the same amount to watch one game against UGA…that is going to be a very hard sell for most people.

Hey now! Not all of them. 😀 This fan (and many others) sat through the ran on Friday, the cold on Sat, and the beautiful weather on Sunday. 4 hour drive one way and make it to many away series, virtually every weekend series, and 1/2 the weekdays. Just saying there are plenty of loyal, diehard fans that support the BaseVols win or lose. 🍊👍👊😀👍🍊😀😃🍊👍.
You sir rock! But you aren’t having to pay the secondary prices either. That is still exceptional commitment for baseball with your travel expenses!

You sir rock! But you aren’t having to pay the secondary prices either. That is still exceptional commitment for baseball with your travel expenses!
Nah. Just really enjoy the BaseVols as they bring a lot of joy to my family. I just hope the NCAA doesn’t legislate the fun out of it and the corporate “wine and cheese” crowd don’t ruin the rowdy hornet’s nest environment.

Nah. Just really enjoy the BaseVols as they bring a lot of joy to my family. I just hope the NCAA doesn’t legislate the fun out of it and the corporate “wine and cheese” crowd don’t ruin the rowdy hornet’s nest environment.
It never looks rowdy on TV..maybe it doesn’t pick it up well…in person how good/bad would you say it is?

It never looks rowdy on TV..maybe it doesn’t pick it up well…in person how good/bad would you say it is?
It’s not where it needs to be. End of 2021 (after crowds were allowed back after COVID), most of 2022, and some of 2023 were wild and crazy. Hornets nest loud and LNS was rocking. MLB scout who’s been at most top college baseball stadiums across the country told me that LNS was the loudest environment of any back in 2022. It’s still impressive but NCAA has mandated no more celebrations, bat flips, or props. Add the corporate crowd in 2024, it’s a watered down atmosphere IMHO. Perhaps better weather combined with more SEC weekends will help. I sure hope so.

It’s not where it needs to be. End of 2021 (after crowds were allowed back after COVID), most of 2022, and some of 2023 were wild and crazy. Hornets nest loud and LNS was rocking. MLB scout who’s been at most top college baseball stadiums across the country told me that LNS was the loudest environment of any back in 2022. It’s still impressive but NCAA has mandated no more celebrations, bat flips, or props. Add the corporate crowd in 2024, it’s a watered down atmosphere IMHO. Perhaps better weather combined with more SEC weekends will help. I sure hope so.
I think it's more a case of folks having so many new faces plus some uncertainty about who and what kind of team we have this year. I think things will pick up as the season wears on and folks get to know this roster.

Reactions: taylorvol
I think the seating problem is many, like me, are afraid to sell on ticketmaster because I don't want to lose mine. So I have to post on here or facebook and hope I can sell, only tried for This past Friday. Then took down and could not give away any of the three this weekend. I don't get it. People complain about not being able to see them or ticket prices but I could not GIVE them away right behind home plate. Then when LSU rolls into town, people want them cheap. This was a big weekend and people didn't show. Just don't understand but I hope no one complains about not being to go watch them that was not there this weekend. Just saying.
I had the exact same experience. I tried to sell four extra I had for 28.50 each, to the penny what I paid for them from UT. To list them on Ticketmaster and get that amount it made them over 41.00 each. So I pulled them off and tried to sell through fan boards. They didn't move so I tried to give them away and nobody took me up on it! Crazy! As for your comments on the crowd, I think you were being generous. Our success is piling up but the crowd has never been as good as 2021 after covid. I assume it was because people could still get in if they cared enough. They still can but I'm not sure they know it. It's disheartening to glace at tickets on Ticketmaster for 180 each.

100% agree. It really bothers me. People couldn't even be bothered to get on their feet when we had two strikes on the final out in the 7th on Sunday.

VN Store

Back