The Official Ole Miss @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. March 22 6:30PM EST) (Sat. March 23 6PM EST) (Sun. March 24 1PM EST) (ALL GAMES ON SEC NET+)

His pitch count was at 79 for Tuesday and Sunday; it was the appropriate time to bring in Nate.
5.1 innings on the week with only 1 earned run and two walks…6 big strikeouts…woooooo…I will take that…don’t let these people bother you…I certainly appreciated the effort and it led to two big wins for the team

I think our fans need to bring more energy at the park. Too laid back. Energy really helps college baseball teams.
it’s not been the same energy as the past few seasons, but too soon for me to say for sure. I’m hoping it’s because of the weather (Fri), the conflict with UT basketball/March Madness on Sat, and a subdued Sun crowd. I hope it’s not the corporate crowd changing things. Lots of empty MVP and lower bowl seats on Sunday for a SEC game on a beautiful Sunday IMHO.

5.1 innings on the week with only 1 earned run and two walks…6 big strikeouts…woooooo…I will take that…don’t let these people bother you…I certainly appreciated the effort and it led to two big wins for the team
Would be really nice to have Zander available exclusively for the weekend SEC series.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not yet. Students are in same location. Moving them next year unfortunately
Weren’t they in actual seats right above the dugout and now are further down the line with standing room only tickets…I definitely remember the frat guys right down next to field even with first base

The crowd this weekend was sad. When you can’t even give away tickets to SEC games, something is wrong.
Supposedly the guy on Saturday was at like 93% correct. I don’t buy that.
This may be the status quo until the weather is “perfect” or until the biggest games.

Many of the idle football donor rich can’t be bothered to hit a few buttons on a smartphone app to pass along their tickets to those so want to go.

This may be the status quo until the weather is “perfect” or until the biggest games.

Many of the idle football donor rich can’t be bothered to hit a few buttons on a smartphone app to pass along their tickets to those so want to go.

Probably onto something there.

I couldn't believe the amount of prime seats that were empty. Was notable on the broadcast and not the best look.

Weren’t they in actual seats right above the dugout and now are further down the line with standing room only tickets…I definitely remember the frat guys right down next to field even with first base

They still have some seats this year in RF4, all but the new front two rows. I don't know what the deal is.

Friday I get because of the rain. They left early on Saturday, and sat like knots on a log on Sunday. I'm assuming they're all assigned now, so the true degenerates like we want are probably out in SRO.

They still have some seats this year in RF4, all but the new front two rows. I don't know what the deal is.

Friday I get because of the rain. They left early on Saturday, and sat like knots on a log on Sunday. I'm assuming they're all assigned now, so the true degenerates like we want are probably out in SRO.
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking…unfortunately we all love the university but they are getting what they want…$$$$$…they could care less if stadium is filled or atmosphere is electric…I will assume same type of attendance for UGA this weekend then…Mizzou series is hardly going to move the needle for most…that only leaves two other home Sec series all year…damn shame

No, I have a kid there and they are in same section thankfully. Only change is they added 3 rows of premium seating in front of them.

it’s not been the same energy as the past few seasons, but too soon for me to say for sure. I’m hoping it’s because of the weather (Fri), the conflict with UT basketball/March Madness on Sat, and a subdued Sun crowd. I hope it’s not the corporate crowd changing things. Lots of empty MVP and lower bowl seats on Sunday for a SEC game on a beautiful Sunday IMHO.

I'm going ahead and getting pretty frustrated about it.

-Empty porches all weekend (anywhere from 5-10 porches a game). And entire porch occupied by Ole Miss people, not just a couple mixed in. An entire F'N porch to themselves.
- The 4Topps are a clown show. Never more than half full. I've heard multiple staff people refer to several of them being unsold/unfilled- so somehow they never re-offered them to "lower" deposit holders or even the general public.
-Dozens to more than 100 empty MVP seats every single game.
-HUNDREDS of empty regular seats.
-Of the twenty immediate seats near me- there are 6 other people that are there most nights or send friends. The other 14 are flipped every game (which leaves several empty every game).

The new drink rails and the seats sold in the presales or to the general public are the only ones that ever fill in decently.

It is a problem. Period. Vitello has slowly started mentioning it, but it really aggravated me this weekend. Danny White and the entire UTAD need to rapidly understand the goal of the department is to set their teams up for success- Not constantly mine and extract revenue from every tiny crevice they can find and puff up in annual reports. A forward looking and responsive department would be looking for immediate ways to improve the situation and I can just about bet they aren't. I've sent my feelings to them via a couple different avenues and I would encourage others to do so.

Even just scanning their little "How did we do" QR code. Tell them the atmosphere is dead. Too many empty seats. Something.

And while I'm Old Man Yelling at Clouds...Sterling Hinton needs to head back to basketball and football pregame. He was brutal at LNS...and the dugout was visibly annoyed.

I'm going ahead and getting pretty frustrated about it.

-Empty porches all weekend (anywhere from 5-10 porches a game). And entire porch occupied by Ole Miss people, not just a couple mixed in. An entire F'N porch to themselves.
- The 4Topps are a clown show. Never more than half full. I've heard multiple staff people refer to several of them being unsold/unfilled- so somehow they never re-offered them to "lower" deposit holders or even the general public.
-Dozens to more than 100 empty MVP seats every single game.
-HUNDREDS of empty regular seats.
-Of the twenty immediate seats near me- there are 6 other people that are there most nights or send friends. The other 14 are flipped every game (which leaves several empty every game).

The new drink rails and the seats sold in the presales or to the general public are the only ones that ever fill in decently.

It is a problem. Period. Vitello has slowly started mentioning it, but it really aggravated me this weekend. Danny White and the entire UTAD need to rapidly understand the goal of the department is to set their teams up for success- Not constantly mine and extract revenue from every tiny crevice they can find and puff up in annual reports. A forward looking and responsive department would be looking for immediate ways to improve the situation and I can just about bet they aren't. I've sent my feelings to them via a couple different avenues and I would encourage others to do so.

Even just scanning their little "How did we do" QR code. Tell them the atmosphere is dead. Too many empty seats. Something.

And while I'm Old Man Yelling at Clouds...Sterling Hinton needs to head back to basketball and football pregame. He was brutal at LNS...and the dugout was visibly annoyed.
It’s because the UTAD has priced out most of the people that actually like baseball. The resellers and wealthy donors that just get tickets to give to clients dominate the best seats.

I still have my season tickets, but they are doubling in price next season. Ultimately, the answer is the athletic department is trading a passionate fanbase for more money. I’m not saying that is necessarily “wrong”, but it is why I have yet to see a full house at LNS this season.

Reactions: vol66
The crowd this weekend was sad. When you can’t even give away tickets to SEC games, something is wrong.
Supposedly the guy on Saturday was at like 93% correct. I don’t buy that.
Friday - Rain and cold. I did not go, and nobody wanted my tix.
Saturday - I was at the game, and I thought the crowd was pretty good.
Sunday - Palm Sunday. I gave my tix away, and all 4 were used.

Plus, March Madness is going on, so that might have kept 200 or 300 away. Its late March, so, after church I used my time at home to do all day yard prep.

Crowds are fine for Knoxville. I've been here watching games over there for 50 years. We are light years ahead of what it used to be just 10 years ago.

I think the seating problem is many, like me, are afraid to sell on ticketmaster because I don't want to lose mine. So I have to post on here or facebook and hope I can sell, only tried for This past Friday. Then took down and could not give away any of the three this weekend. I don't get it. People complain about not being able to see them or ticket prices but I could not GIVE them away right behind home plate. Then when LSU rolls into town, people want them cheap. This was a big weekend and people didn't show. Just don't understand but I hope no one complains about not being to go watch them that was not there this weekend. Just saying.

Got to pay for that LNS stadium and more construction coming, ticket prices up, up, up....

It will get interesting with the Tennessee Smokies coming back into Knoxville next year too. Another baseball team, more competition. Which one will have greater family friendly ticket prices.

VN Store

Back