The Official MiLB Thread

I go to a few Smokies games a year whenever I'm in town. Also used to go watch the Charleston, SC team when I lived there. I'm pretty sure they had a different name/affiliation then though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The closest Minor League team to me is about the same distance as Turner Field, so if I'm going to a baseball game it's to see the Braves. But I usually see a Smokies game every season with my uncle from Maryville and have a great time. I enjoy getting to see guys in the minors and then watching them in the Bigs. Tyler Colvin, Casey McGehee, and Cameron Maybin are a few guys who I've seen at Smokies games.

We had Colorado's single A team for a long time, then the Padres' AAA team. Now we have nothing because our mayor decided spending ridiculous amounts of taxpayer dollars on MLS was okay, but anything related to baseball doesn't get a dime.

We had Colorado's single A team for a long time, then the Padres' AAA team. Now we have nothing because our mayor decided spending ridiculous amounts of taxpayer dollars on MLS was okay, but anything related to baseball doesn't get a dime.

But soccer is the worlds most popular sport......:rolleyes:

I go to a lot of Savannah Sand Gnats (Mets single A) games. Usually on 2 for Tuesdays and thirsty Thursdays :) And its only $4 (last year) for general admission for military

I try to make it up to as many Charleston RiverDogs (Yankees single A) games as I can. I tell ya one thing, for a single A team, Charleston has a pretty nice stadium.

Any other VolNationers like Minor League
ball?

I'm a big follower of the Nashville Sounds, as far as minor league.

I used to listen to the Columbus Clippers games on the radio when they were the Yankees' AAA team. Haven't really kept up with MiLB since they were dumped for Scranton, though.

I'll go to Birmingham Barons games occasionally. Went to Rome a couple of times when Heyward and Freeman were there

Toledo Mud Hens (Triple A team for the Tigers) always has quality players. I have lived in Ohio for 5 years now and have been a lifelong Tigers, and can say this will be the only thing I miss about the North is being close to the Tigers organization.

That's the one thing about being stationed where I am, at least I've got the Yankees single A team a couple hour drive away.

I go to alot of mississippi braves games. Its the only thing we have here thats close to proffessional.

4 days until opening day! (Charleston Riverdogs at least)

Are you a sounds fan Yankee?

Never been to a Sound game, would like to sometime though. I've got single A where I'm at. The Savannah Sand Gnats (Mets), of which I attend most Two for Tuesdays and Thirsty Thursdays games, as its literally like 4 miles from my house to the stadium. But I like the Charleston Riverdogs (Yankees).

I went to a lot of Huntsville Stars games when I was younger, but haven't been to one in a couple of years. Saw a lot of big leaguers too, like Prince Fielder, Ryan Braun, and Corey Hart.

The Riverdogs and Sand Gnats both opened the season with a win.

Anyone going?

I am not sure I will be back in town but I am going to try and make it to the opener.

I haven't made it yet. My wife has been BSing, and I'm not gonna go by myself. I will have to catch the next home series. Did you ever make it?

VN Store

Back