The Official Houston Astros Thread

Tonight's game just makes me sad. Such terrible play everywhere.

At least the Astros are winning (as of the top of the 9th).

Last edited:
They've essentially folded up the tent and given up the next decade.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You guys have my vote for the worst team in the nl since it went to 3 divisions. Mo offense, but wow.

I know nothing about prospects but judging by the reactions of a lot of people, it sounds like the Astros got a bunch of garbage for Pence and Bourn. I wonder why Ed Wade is even being allowed to make trades. A new owner is about to take control and it's known that Ed Wade will be replaced. If the guy is intentionally destroying the franchise even more so, what a douche.

I know nothing about prospects but judging by the reactions of a lot of people, it sounds like the Astros got a bunch of garbage for Pence and Bourn. I wonder why Ed Wade is even being allowed to make trades. A new owner is about to take control and it's known that Ed Wade will be replaced. If the guy is intentionally destroying the franchise even more so, what a douche.
The two main guys you all got for Pence are very very good prospect. They are both just a ways away.

The two main guys you all got for Pence are very very good prospect. They are both just a ways away.

I heard it was the Phillies best but it still sounded like the Astros were lowballed based on some comments. Again, I really don't know. As for Bourne, that trade sounds awful. He's 28 and they got a 24 year old that has sucked in the minors. Yuck.

I heard it was the Phillies best but it still sounded like the Astros were lowballed based on some comments. Again, I really don't know. As for Bourne, that trade sounds awful. He's 28 and they got a 24 year old that has sucked in the minors. Yuck.
Getting two top 50 prospects + 2 others is a very good haul for Pence. I don't think there was any low balling. The only bad thing is that the two main guys are at least 2 years away from the bigs.

The Bourn trade was awful.

You got Garbage for Bourn, but you guys got GREAT value for Pence. I honestly think the Astros ripped the Phillies off. I love it.

The Orioles just won't go away. Both the Astros and Orioles are 4-9 since the last time I posted the standings.

49-64 .434 Mariners
49-65 .430 Royals
49-66 .426 Cubs
44-67 .396 Orioles
37-77 .325 Astros

Are the top prospects in the draft suppose to be anything special this year?

They never are when you have the worst record in my experience.

The Orioles just won't go away. Both the Astros and Orioles are 4-9 since the last time I posted the standings.

49-64 .434 Mariners
49-65 .430 Royals
49-66 .426 Cubs
44-67 .396 Orioles
37-77 .325 Astros

49-64 .434 Mariners
49-65 .430 Royals
49-66 .426 Cubs
44-67 .396 Orioles
37-77 .325 Astros

I wouldn't worry too much. You've for a 8.5 game lead.

Nor do I think u will win 50 games.

So long National League. :(

More specifically, NL Central.

Gonna miss the Cubs and Cardinals games.

Houston Astros' sale approved by MLB - ESPN

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off. Diamondbacks have a World Series Championship but why are the Astros the ones being stripped of all their rivalries? So the Rangers don't have to constantly change time zones? Astros just changed divisions and gave up big time rivals. Rangers are now a rival in my book. I never had a problem with them but the fact that the Astros took the fall and it mostly benefits the Rangers, f that. Astros can and will stick it to Nolan Ryan.... in a couple more years, Astros rid themselves of all their crappy contracts. The new owner will be working with a 30 million dollar payroll and it will quickly rise above 100 million. If the right moves are made, Astros will rebuild fairly quickly and will have a farm system to go with it

Just wonderful.

Angels were already going to kick the Astros ass and now they add Pujols and Wilson.

Seeing as the Cardinals/Central weren't really that good during the season and they went on a tear it up and win it all, maybe the soon to be overhyped Angels will choke. Astros really have nothing to lose other than games. Would love it if they contributed to the Angels loss column with a bunch of nobodies. Astros seriously have the worst roster in baseball

anyone else heard the rumors about a possible name/logo change? It may happen folks.

Throwback to the Colt .45's would be my choice, or they could go all the way back to the Houston Buffs.

Would love to see .45's. Just hope they dont eff it all up if they do change.

Almost time for beisbol season again...to honor this time of the year I give you this

Albert-Pujols-off-Brad-Lidge.jpg

VN Store

Back