The Official Detroit Pistons Thread

God I’ve seen what you done for other people, and I want that for me

Sheila Ford came out when the team started 1-5 last year in year 2 of a tough rebuild and apologized to the fans and promised we would turn it around, talking about how much she cared about the team and how important it is to establish a winning culture.

Tom Gores hasn’t been heard from since game 1

Reactions: MAD
BS and his guest were talking about how you can't really fault the Pistons for any pick other than Killian Hayes* but even that one was only terrible with the benefit of hindsight. They've drafted with the common wisdom "take the best available prospect" regardless of position or fit and this is a case study on maybe why you can't do that with top picks year after year.

*Yeah they could have had Haliburton but some people had Hayes in the top 5. Probably moreso than Haliburton.

Reactions: zjcvols
BS and his guest were talking about how you can't really fault the Pistons for any pick other than Killian Hayes* but even that one was only terrible with the benefit of hindsight. They've drafted with the common wisdom "take the best available prospect" regardless of position or fit and this is a case study on maybe why you can't do that with top picks year after year.

*Yeah they could have had Haliburton but some people had Hayes in the top 5. Probably moreso than Haliburton.

It’s not the draft picks per se. Duren is solid, Ivey is talented, Cade produces. You see what Ausar can be. Stewart and Bey were fine non lotto picks. It’s just the roster building. Ivey and Cade in theory was a great idea, but didn’t work. Duren/Stewart/Ausar do nothing to compliment each other. They missed on Killian. And the other thing, Troy didn’t draft one shooter to help offset the high athleticism he drafted

It’s the other stuff. Trading Bey for Wiseman. Having $30M in cap space and trading for Monte Morris and Joe Harris. It’s relying on Alec Burks for 25 minutes. It’s giving Bagley $13M/year

Telling fans it’s a ridiculous thought to chant sell the team because he does a lot for the community is all time stuff here. No notesIMG_3990.png

Reactions: knoxvol52 and MAD
This bozo blew a defensive assignment and bricked a 3 in the final minute and was a -25 today but he doesn’t care. **** this guy

Reactions: The Dog
I posted this with under a minute to go and the Pistons up by 9. They still won, but by only 2. Thankfully, I didn't jinx 'em.
I was so confused thinking I must have been on a delay when you posted yesterday.

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back