The Official Detroit Pistons Thread

I don't get it, I think they should be a lot better than last year

It’s a combo of the following:

- The main core does not work well together
- Monty is doing a terrible job getting players to buy in
- Troy’s player development plan is garbage
- The vets Troy has tried to build the nucleus around is either hurt or sucks

He just doesn’t know how to build a team. At all.!

Reactions: The Dog
They’re an embarrassment man. They are 2008 Lions territory

No shooting at all. IDK what they're thinking with this roster construction. As hard as I am on Cade, how is he supposed to thrive with no spacing? Hell, what is Killian Hayes supposed to do with no spacing? Nobody is getting a fair shake because collectively, they don't make sense together.

Reactions: The Dog
No shooting at all. IDK what they're thinking with this roster construction. As hard as I am on Cade, how is he supposed to thrive with no spacing? Hell, what is Killian Hayes supposed to do with no spacing? Nobody is getting a fair shake because collectively, they don't make sense together.

I love talent, don’t get me wrong. This combo of Stewart/Duren/Ausar/Bagley/Killian is a disaster. Nobody guards Stewart even if he hits them. Duren’s a zero outside 5 feet. Ausar is awesome but can’t shoot. Killian and Bagley suck.

I’m almost on team trade Cade to find a wing shooter and let Ivey be the lead guard.

Also they have no interior defense. Not gonna blame Duren completely but he didn’t progress and Wiseman/Bagley are the worst backup bigs defensively in the league

I love talent, don’t get me wrong. This combo of Stewart/Duren/Ausar/Bagley/Killian is a disaster. Nobody guards Stewart even if he hits them. Duren’s a zero outside 5 feet. Ausar is awesome but can’t shoot. Killian and Bagley suck.

I’m almost on team trade Cade to find a wing shooter and let Ivey be the lead guard.

I would trade whomever gets me the best deal out of Cade and Ivey. I REALLY like what I've seen from Sasser, so that is one thing to be happy about from this season. Going forward, Sasser + Cade/Ivey + Duren is a good core to pursue. You have such a logjam with ballhandlers (Monte Morris hasn't played yet) and bigs. You gotta dump some of those guys to get wings, and don't trade Bojan like everybody suspects you will. I think in a perfect world you would grab Cam Johnson or Trey Murphy, but I don't think either is happening without giving up Cade or Ivey, even if you try to overpay.

I would trade whomever gets me the best deal out of Cade and Ivey. I REALLY like what I've seen from Sasser, so that is one thing to be happy about from this season. Going forward, Sasser + Cade/Ivey + Duren is a good core to pursue. You have such a logjam with ballhandlers (Monte Morris hasn't played yet) and bigs. You gotta dump some of those guys to get wings, and don't trade Bojan like everybody suspects you will. I think in a perfect world you would grab Cam Johnson or Trey Murphy, but I don't think either is happening without giving up Cade or Ivey, even if you try to overpay.

To me, you can’t survive with Ausar/Duren unless you have an elite shooter between them. That’s not going to work. Stewart doesn’t fit this team. I’m not sure Weaver will do anything though.

Sasser is a really nice 6th man. I hope they keep him

To me, you can’t survive with Ausar/Duren unless you have an elite shooter between them. That’s not going to work. Stewart doesn’t fit this team. I’m not sure Weaver will do anything though.

Sasser is a really nice 6th man. I hope they keep him

Can we (the Suns) trade you a body and some $ for Monte Morris?

What don't you like about Stewart? I like him because he makes it a lot easier to play Ausar, Duren, or Hayes. If you can find a guy to get you rebounds and hit 3's, that's a pretty big luxury. He's also a bit of an enforcer. Him and Duren could bring some of the culture y'all are known for. He doesn't do a ton of things at a high level, but he doesn't strike me as a liability if he's playing next to someone big.

Think about running out Stewart, Bojan, Ausar, Cade, Sasser and having Cade mostly run the offense. I think that's the best position you can put Cade in.

Duren rolls his ankle trying for a defensive rebound. He goes down immediately. Bojan brings the ball up down 9 with 2 minutes to go and two TO’s. Does Monty call TO so they don’t go 4 on 5? No he doesn’t. They brick a jumper, have to use a defensive foul AND THEN he calls a TO. I hate him

Reactions: n_huffhines
My youngest brother just texted me that the Pistons should be the reason American sports should have relegation and I have no comeback this is rock bottom

Gotta give it up to this franchise. They’ve become spectacularly terrible that they’ve now become the most entertaining Pistons team in like 7 years. How sad

Monty Williams down 22 yucking it up with Joel Embiid because he’s got $78M guaranteed in his pocket no matter how poorly he does.

Tom Gores knows how to pick em!

This guy is such a loser beat reporter. “Aw gee guys, who cares if the organization hasn’t won a playoff game in 15 years, in the midst of a 22 game losing streak in year 4 of the rebuild. Can’t you just support the team?”

This guy is such a loser beat reporter. “Aw gee guys, who cares if the organization hasn’t won a playoff game in 15 years, in the midst of a 22 game losing streak in year 4 of the rebuild. Can’t you just support the team?”

#supporttheseboys?

Reactions: zjcvols

VN Store

Back