The Official Denver Broncos Thread

Siemian became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for 300 yards and four touchdowns without an interception in his first career road start

Sources: Broncos to start Paxton Lynch at QB with Trevor Siemian not ready

14708019_1267093910003961_3609997275933393795_o.jpg

You really think we can beat the Pats? I dont know. They look scary good.

I don't know that they would, but I know that they are good enough to beat them. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Pats are likely to end up with some key injuries, too. Edelman, Amendola, and Gronk have trouble staying healthy.

Broncos have 2 shutdown, play-making corners and a devastating 4-man pass rush which is the best foundation you can ask for, IMO.

I don't know that they would, but I know that they are good enough to beat them. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Pats are likely to end up with some key injuries, too. Edelman, Amendola, and Gronk have trouble staying healthy.

Broncos have 2 shutdown, play-making corners and a devastating 4-man pass rush which is the best foundation you can ask for, IMO.

I think if Trevor can play a little better and stay healthy, then they have a good shot. Those are some ifs though. I hope they beat the Pats by 4 TDs :)

Word on Lock? Eligible to start practicing this week, playing week 9. But is he healthy yet?

They need to figure out if he can play or not so they can decide if they want to go QB or OT with their top 10 pick.

Elway might be the worst GM in the NFL? It's hard for me to pick on the guy because I liked several of the moves he made but ultimately everything turned to crap once Peyton retired.

From John Rowles, Broncos beat writer:

"Broncos Country as a whole is buzzing with excitement — and for good reason after years of Siemian, Keenum and Flacco.

So far, I’ve seen a lot of the same things I noticed when I was studying Lock last March. He’s got a very talented arm and a swagger that’s contagious across the team, but his mechanics and decision-making remain a rather large work in progress. There are definitely some plays where he’s gotten away with being late on the play, but also plays where he shows hints of a franchise passer with a kind of rocket launcher to rival Mahomes.

I’m very cautiously optimistic, but I think this Chiefs game could reveal a lot about the young passer. Rich Scangarello received some criticism for protecting him with the play-calls in his first start and Lock rewarded the newfound trust against Houston, but Kansas City has a secondary that can punish the rookie for some of his more reckless plays."

from Arrowheadpride.com

I havent watched him play yet but plan to watch Chiefs/Broncos game this weekend. "Cautiously optimistic" is, I think, an appropriate take. Hopefully will work out for the Broncs. Mizzou sure is a different team this year without him. Scored 35+ points 8 or 10 times with him last year compared to only 4 this year.

VN Store

Back