The Official Denver Broncos Thread

I can see it both ways. But I still dislike it when people jump over when they haven't suffered the horrible losing that usually comes with rebuilding. For instance Manning\Colt's fans don't understand what it's like to root for a crap team. Last year, they probably just didn't care.

3-13, bro. I followed Manning every season. I can handle bad football. I've been a Vols fan through thick and thin.

Why? Players do it all the time. NFL free agency has made it more difficult for fans to have "loyalty" to the teams.

I think most people see it the opposite way. Plus, a player's career is pretty short relative to the teams, so what happens when PM retires?

To each his own, though. Not for me, good that it works for you. :good!:

I'll be forced to pick a team when Manning retires. Might be the Broncos (it is the local market here). I just can't choose a team and stick with it when I like a particular player much more than I like any team.

I'll be forced to pick a team when Manning retires. Might be the Broncos (it is the local market here). I just can't choose a team and stick with it when I like a particular player much more than I like any team.

Luck will hold the fort down, just in case you ever want to come back.

Who cares...

Looks like Manning's contract didn't include much leverage. Could be as low as a 1 year, $18M deal. That's not too bad. I don't think it will end up that way, but it's nice to see that he didn't squeeze all he could.

Who cares...

Looks like Manning's contract didn't include much leverage. Could be as low as a 1 year, $18M deal. That's not too bad. I don't think it will end up that way, but it's nice to see that he didn't squeeze all he could.

Sounds like the same structure he had with the Colts on the last contract they had together.

Only following players has to make the college game maddening. The Vols turn over their roster every 4 years.

I am a fan of the whole team. I was a huge Steve McNair fan and when he went to the Ravens I didn't root for the Ravens. F the Ravens.

Same with Eddie George. I loved me some Eddie George, but didn't become a Cowboys fan when he left the Titans to play with the Cowboys.

I love my Titans!

Baker's not that bad as I don't recall him talking trash a lot last year (if I recall correctly).

But there are certain Manning/Colts fans that trashed the Broncos, especially when they were semi-competitive but got destroyed by the Colts. Now that they switch to the Broncos, how do they justify that? How do you go a 180 from trashing other teams, and then rooting for one? If you are going to be a fan of a player, then you need to be consistent in your trashing.

I thought the local CBS affiliate only picked one of the two games the weeks they had two games to broadcast. The other was a regional or national selection made by corporate CBS. Are you saying they select Denver over Tenn? Or do I have that wrong?

CBS and Fox alternate weeks. One week, CBS gets the double-header, then the next, Fox gets the double-header. CBS shows exclusively AFC, and Fox plays exclusively NFC.

I have no idea what the protocol is when an AFC team plays an NFC team. I always thought that Fox would get it if the NFC team was the home team and vice versa, but disproved this theory last season.

The networks can choose whether their one game is a 1pm or 4pm game. So we will likely see less than half the Broncos games, even if CBS decides to pick all of them up. (Some will be morning, and almost all Titans games are 1pm)

Same with Eddie George. I loved me some Eddie George, but didn't become a Cowboys fan when he left the Titans to play with the Cowboys.

I love my Titans!

I get it. I grew up in a house that didn't watch NFL in a market without a team (TN pre-Titans, and Utah). I didn't have affection for a team like you did. Only a player.

Baker's not that bad as I don't recall him talking trash a lot last year (if I recall correctly).

But there are certain Manning/Colts fans that trashed the Broncos, especially when they were semi-competitive but got destroyed by the Colts. Now that they switch to the Broncos, how do they justify that? How do you go a 180 from trashing other teams, and then rooting for one? If you are going to be a fan of a player, then you need to be consistent in your trashing.

I never felt competitive towards the Broncos cause the Colts pretty much owned them under Peyton Manning. I never felt the need to trash them.

I did complain that in my TV market I got every Denver game, even when they sucked. That'll work to my favor now.

305560_10150749635231018_515661017_11426833_973011764_n.jpg

That's awesome :eek:lol:

@AdamSchefter Scratch SF from teams that could trade for Tim Tebow, add Miami. Candidates currently include JAX, GB, MIA, maybe more. A trade will happen.

CBS and Fox alternate weeks. One week, CBS gets the double-header, then the next, Fox gets the double-header. CBS shows exclusively AFC, and Fox plays exclusively NFC.

I have no idea what the protocol is when an AFC team plays an NFC team. I always thought that Fox would get it if the NFC team was the home team and vice versa, but disproved this theory last season.

The networks can choose whether their one game is a 1pm or 4pm game. So we will likely see less than half the Broncos games, even if CBS decides to pick all of them up. (Some will be morning, and almost all Titans games are 1pm)

When NFC v. AFC games occur the network who has broadcasting rights goes to the away team.

So if it's a Titans at Cowboys then the game would be on CBS.

VN Store

Back