The Official Denver Broncos Thread

305560_10150749635231018_515661017_11426833_973011764_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
@AdamSchefter Filed to ESPN: Denver and Petyon Manning reached agreement on a five-year, $96 million contract. Manning introduced as QB at 3 pm ET.

I thought the local CBS affiliate only picked one of the two games the weeks they had two games to broadcast. The other was a regional or national selection made by corporate CBS. Are you saying they select Denver over Tenn? Or do I have that wrong?

I thought the local CBS affiliate only picked one of the two games the weeks they had two games to broadcast. The other was a regional or national selection made by corporate CBS. Are you saying they select Denver over Tenn? Or do I have that wrong?

TrueOrange probably knows the answer to this.

Yeah, good question. I'm not actually sure how it works, but the NFL would be stupid not to broadcast Broncos games in Knoxville.

Something tells me the Broncos are going to get a ton of prime time and national coverage this year, anyway, so they might not have to choose very often.

The Broncos have an ok O-Line if only because Clady shuts down everyone in the pass rush department. Franklin is ok. The rest are not very good, but serviceable.

I'm interested to see the contract details. Manning is only worth $96M if it's the Manning of old. I'm not comfortable with the number, but I'm fine with the chance if we are superbowl contenders.

I imagine they will broadcast most games. I don't think there is a lot of competition for the 4:15 NFL time slot in East TN.

No the issue is going to be that "2nd game" rights rotate every week between CBS (tendency to show more afc) and fox (tendency to show more nfc).

So some weeks it'll be there, but then others it won't.

Also, not to be "that guy" again

But I could have sworn syxx or someone made one of these threads also

Bandwagon fans are pitiful. Pick a team and stick with them, win or lose.

Sticking with a player for 15 years isn't loyalty? It has to be to a team?

I don't see how a fan can follow the Colts for that long, go to games, buy gear, etc and then all of a sudden just pick up and switch teams

I can see it both ways. But I still dislike it when people jump over when they haven't suffered the horrible losing that usually comes with rebuilding. For instance Manning\Colt's fans don't understand what it's like to root for a crap team. Last year, they probably just didn't care.

I don't see how a fan can follow the Colts for that long, go to games, buy gear, etc and then all of a sudden just pick up and switch teams

Why? Players do it all the time. NFL free agency has made it more difficult for fans to have "loyalty" to the teams.

Reactions: 1 person

Well I didn't go to games, because I live in SLC. I bought a Peyton Manning jersey, and a SB Tee. I watched them only because of Peyton Manning. It was easy to cut ties. I don't look at it as switching teams. I look at it as following a player.

Why? Players do it all the time. NFL free agency has made it more difficult for fans to have "loyalty" to the teams.

Players are not fans. It is a business and they are getting paid. I root for the the same team no matter who plays for them

VN Store

Back