The Official Dan Mullen Thread

Butch had the keys to a Ferrari and Mullen has the keys to a Camry, lot easier for him to lose races from time to time. Fulmer lost to Memphis with Peyton. Bad losses happen.

People act like Mullen is elite. He has beaten exactly 0 big teams and lost to UGA nearly as bad as we did this year. Rather have frost than overpay Mullen to be 5 more years of butch.

Reactions: 1 person
People act like Mullen is elite. He has beaten exactly 0 big teams and lost to UGA nearly as bad as we did this year. Rather have frost than overpay Mullen to be 5 more years of butch.

Do you realize that Mullen is coaching in the most competitive division in college football with recruiting classes that are about where Wake Forest finishes. And he had them ranked No 1 at one point ?His offense scored more touchdowns on Saturday than Butch Jones offense scored in their LAST 10 QUARTERS against Bamas D.

Reactions: 5 people
Do you realize that Mullen is coaching in the most competitive division in college football with recruiting classes that are about where Wake Forest finishes. And he had them ranked No 1 at one point ?His offense scored more touchdowns on Saturday than Butch Jones offense scored in their LAST 10 QUARTERS against Bamas D.

We will see how everyone feels when it’s year 5 and we are doing this all over again. If he’s so grand why has he not left like James Franklin did from Vandy. I’m not sold on him.

We will see how everyone feels when it’s year 5 and we are doing this all over again. If he’s so grand why has he not left like James Franklin did from Vandy. I’m not sold on him.

He's been approached several times and never left. Florida has gone for him twice but his wife reportedly hates Gainesville. He's had opportunities and turned them down.

He's been approached several times and never left. Florida has gone for him twice but his wife reportedly hates Gainesville. He's had opportunities and turned them down.

Good hopefully he turns us down. He would cave under pressure he’s gimmicky like butch wearing yeezys to “impress” recruits.

How in Gods name is not leaving somewhere proof of being a poor coach? Maybe he likes his church or his kids school. Maybe he enjoys coaching somewhere that he s already generally considered to be the best coach in the history of the program. If Petersen/GP don't leave Washington or TCU it doesn't make me think any less of them as a coach.

I would personally consider hating Gainesville to be a major character plus:

Reactions: 2 people
How in Gods name is not leaving somewhere proof of being a poor coach? Maybe he likes his church or his kids school. Maybe he enjoys coaching somewhere that he s already generally considered to be the best coach in the history of the program. If Petersen/GP don't leave Washington or TCU it doesn't make me think any less of them as a coach.

People think we will fail no matter what unless we Hire Gruden or Patterson it seems. lol

Nobody thinks he’s worth the big bucks. If schools truly wanted him they’d pony up and get him Florida easily could as well as any other big school.

Good hopefully he turns us down. He would cave under pressure he’s gimmicky like butch wearing yeezys to “impress” recruits.

If any of us had to make a living getting 17 year old kids to come to Stark-Vegas, there's no telling what level we would stoop to.

Nobody thinks he’s worth the big bucks. If schools truly wanted him they’d pony up and get him Florida easily could as well as any other big school.

So if it's all about money and that's all it takes to sway someone why haven't we or anyone else bought Gruden yet? Could it be.... That maybe.... they like the safe gig they have had and the money isn't enough? On that note, why are you even in here if you're just gonna bash. Go back to the Gruden thread.

The previous poster just mentioned to you that he's had several offers and turned them down. Also I'm pretty sure he was already making more money than McELwain was anyway.

So if it's all about money and that's all it takes to sway someone why haven't we or anyone else bought Gruden yet? Could it be.... That maybe.... they like the safe gig they have had and the money isn't enough? On that note, why are you even in here if you're just gonna bash. Go back to the Gruden thread.

I would like gruden but don’t see him coming here. Let Sexton float savior Dans name around only to get him a raise and stay at state. Don’t want.

Enjoy mediocrity. Gruden aside we can do way better than Mullen.

You have no way of knowing that. There is zero way to predict what kind of coach Mullen would be if he had consistent top 10 recruiting classes. I do know that he has more wins against the SEC West JUST THIS YEAR than the University of Tennessee does in the LAST TEN COMBINED. Let that sink in.

Dak Prescott✔ Tim Tebow✔ Alex Smith✔

Stats this year at MSU

Total Offense:50th

Total Defense:11th

If Mullen can recruit at a higher level, he would be an excellent coach.

You have no way of knowing that. There is zero way to predict what kind of coach Mullen would be if he had consistent top 10 recruiting classes. I do know that he has more wins against the SEC West JUST THIS YEAR than the University of Tennessee does in the LAST TEN COMBINED. Let that sink in.

2-15 vs ranked teams.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back