The Official #9 Tennessee vs. Appalachian St. Game Thread, 7:30pm ET (9/1/16), SECN

Status
Not open for further replies.
That #9 ranking in the thread title will not be the same for the VT game thread for sure. I predict we go down at least two spots to #11 but could go to as low as #13 in my opinion.

That was dodging the bullet of defeat narrowly. A lot more dramatic than I and all of Big Orange nation many expected it to be.

Vols can be great this year but they won't get that lucky vs Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and other teams so yes they'll need to play better.

That was dodging the bullet of defeat narrowly. A lot more dramatic than I and all of Big Orange nation many expected it to be.

Vols can be great this year but they won't get that lucky vs Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and other teams so yes they'll need to play better.

Did you watch the game at the Icehouse ?

Hey ho. IluvdoubleD's checking in. First fro anyone wondering. We are good. The beach we are going to just barely got touched by the storm. Second, I watch the game in a bar in alabama while the storm came ashore.

A couple of things here,

1: If you watch the game in alabama you will not be allowed to listen to it so you watch it without the commentary (not necessarily a bad thing).

2: If you don't tell the bar tender "roll tide" you will not be served (you really should have been there bamawriter, you would have laughed your ass off).

3: We came out trying to prove we could throw the ball, we couldn't. It set us back. I'm thinking it had something to do with the re arrangement on the line before the season though.

4: Shoop may be some kind of defensive mensa but he needs to hire some one to teach fundamentals. Two words shoop... WRAP UP.

5: We should have lost that game, by half time we were wearing them down. By fourth we were outlasting them... it's a good thing

6: I admit tonight stars mattered. Tonight we needed the big star player to make a big star play with the game on the line.

BlahBlahBlah *makes thread about 2023 recruit* Blah

Brent's 138 years old and Palmer might as well be. Get off the "stats" thing! With DTs you don't always get that. He plugged lanes and made them run outside. You should know that as an educated fan. :wink2: Thanks!

Going back to the overruled early TD by P. Williams. I wonder if that play happened anywhere on the field other than the end zone, would that have been called a fumble? If so, it had to be a completion. Still think we got screwed on that call.

Going back to the overruled early TD by P. Williams. I wonder if that play happened anywhere on the field other than the end zone, would that have been called a fumble? If so, it had to be a completion. Still think we got screwed on that call.

Couldve gone either way but the bottom line is PW should've never put it in the hands of the officials to decide in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back