The Official #9 Tennessee vs. Appalachian St. Game Thread, 7:30pm ET (9/1/16), SECN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning championships is all about having good players and good leadership. UT has some good players, but lacks in leadership. Players can improve their skills, individually. But it takes leadership for teams to improve. I don't see the leadership that it will take to win the East for UT. Not even close. Butch simply doesn't have it.

What does Georgia know about winning championships?

Reactions: 9 people
Reminds me of 05'. Possibly one of the most talented teams we ever fielded.

Rick Clausen was not a talented QB - Ainge, it seemed like was afraid to get hit after the 2004 injury (An injury that happened on one of the dumbest play calls in Vols history) BTW your teams were the most talented IMO

Game wasn't what any of us expected or wanted. But coming back when down in the 4th beats the hell out of losing when we were up in the 4th.

Now that the game has been over for a few and I've had a few minutes to digest it, there are a FEW positives. Gutting out a win when down. We were clearly the better conditioned team late. Last year, many times we were not. Cortez McDowell played well. Barnett and Sutton played like the stars they are.

I truly hope this win inspires this team and staff. But the inconsistency in the passing game and offensive line play have GOT to be corrected if we are going to win the East. And Kamara has GOT to get more touches.

I completely agree with this. On a good note, shoop came through and didn't blow it last half. The D really saved us this ball game. There was a time when it was just the opposite. I think we put it together a little better next week. By the time SEC play gets here we'll be primed and ready. Just trying to stay positive.

Reactions: 1 person
Player of the game = Aaron Medley. Kept us in the game. A miss would probably result in a different outcome. O-line gets a F. QB gets an F. Wide Receivers get an F. Defense gets a B. I don't know why cause it seems like we gave up 8 yards a play.

Winning championships is all about having good players and good leadership. UT has some good players, but lacks in leadership. Players can improve their skills, individually. But it takes leadership for teams to improve. I don't see the leadership that it will take to win the East for UT. Not even close. Butch simply doesn't have it.

Did you say the same about Richt? Honestly UT played poorly no doubt, but couldn't the same be said for Georgia, recently with an extreme amount of talent compared to population, Georgia has failed on the big stage constantly guess it was a leadership issue, what do I know anyways?

Did you say the same about Richt? Honestly UT played poorly no doubt, but couldn't the same be said for Georgia, recently with an extreme amount of talent compared to population, Georgia has failed on the big stage constantly guess it was a leadership issue, what do I know anyways?

At least they've been on the "big stage" in the last decade....

Player of the game = Aaron Medley. Kept us in the game. A miss would probably result in a different outcome. O-line gets a F. QB gets an F. Wide Receivers get an F. Defense gets a B. I don't know why cause it seems like we gave up 8 yards a play.

I wouldn't give the receivers a F. They caught the ball for the most part. Williams drop should have been called a TD and smiths catch would of just been a heck of a catch if he made it.

Neither does Smart. See? Don't need proof. If I took the time to say it...must be true. :hmm:

Reactions: 2 people
Receivers don't deserve the F. I feel terrible for them. And if you think any big time receiver is going to want to come here you're nuts. How many effing times are they going to run the same damn play to Hurd? Debord is godawful.

On first and goal in overtime when we ran Hurd from a shotgun I just shook my head. That makes absolutely no sense to me. I wish we could install some more I formation in our playbook.

Reactions: 1 person
Receivers don't deserve the F. I feel terrible for them. And if you think any big time receiver is going to want to come here you're nuts. How many effing times are they going to run the same damn play to Hurd? Debord is godawful.

If you blame debored u have to blame Cbj too. Butchs offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back