The Official #6 [2] Tennessee vs. [7] Texas Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, CBS

Huge shout out to Aidoo. Was far from his best game. Hell, it wasn’t a good game but the young man stood tall at the toughest moment. Over the years, I’ve seen great FT shooters miss under that pressure. Tip of the hat to JA.

Huge shout out to Aidoo. Was far from his best game. Hell, it wasn’t a good game but the young man stood tall at the toughest moment. Over the years, I’ve seen great FT shooters miss under that pressure. Tip of the hat to JA.
Gonna need him to be great next game as well, but Aidoo has grown as TONNNNNNN this season.

It might be that Ziggy's shooting is poor because he plays too many minutes. He played the entire game last night.
I'm sure he was tired, and when you're tired your legs start to go, and when your legs go your shot goes. I don't
know to what degree fatigue played a role in his shooting, but I'm sure it was a factor. The guy plays hard on both ends,
and that catches up to you--especially in NCAA games in which there is more emotional tension. Barnes said post-game that
he asks Ziggy if he needs to come out, and Ziggy, apparently, usually says no--not surprisingly. Asking the player is rather useless
if the guy doesn't want to come out--needed or not. It's up to the coaches to know--and during the season he got regular blows
with Mashack (or sometimes Gainey) coming in to play the point for a few minutes. It's do or die time now, and you certainly want
him playing as much as possible--but you also don't want him or anybody missing shot after shot, perhaps because they're tired.
We can certainly play Mashack and Gainey together for some minutes and give up very little defensively, and that would enable
Ziggy to get a few minutes of rest.

The nice thing about watching game highlights is that they skip the 35 shots that we missed.

Disagree. This is it, as the cliche goes 'there's no tomorrow'. Barnes has to trust his leaders, and if ZZ says he wants to stay on the floor, he's staying right there. Besides, these NCAA games have so many damn media stoppages, all of which are longer than in the regular season. If ZZ needed a blow, he would get it.

They're all bad on the national media networks. At least we didn't get the shrieking woman announcer. I swear, I'll take the SEC Network crews any time over any of these shouters and screamers.
I’ve always like Jim Spanarkel. Heck, I even like him when he played for Duke and I watched him beat us in Stokely way back in 1976.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I’ve always like Jim Spanarkel. Heck, I even like him when he played for Duke and I watched him beat us in Stokely way back in 1976.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. Spanarkel is old school, just adds some good analysis and is very measured. Really solid player as well, was with Duke in the Bill Foster years.

They have size

Who doesn't have the highest bb iq? I think James has a high bb iq. He has limits with his skills but he understands who he is.

I should have said JJJ's offensive IQ isn't the highest (still plenty high enough). I agree that he understands who he is but I would like to see him go after his mid-range shot more like he did the first 2 months of this season. He also shot a great percentage from 3 and has had a respectable percentage the last few years.

JJJ is an overall fabulous representative for UT and is the type of upperclassmen glue guy (along with SV) that championship teams need and teams like UK lack. He was a little overrated out of HS but is one of my all-time favorite Vols.

I actually think JJJ could be a solid NBA 3-&-D backup with his size, strength and versatility.

Reactions: StoneokeyVol
They're all bad on the national media networks. At least we didn't get the shrieking woman announcer. I swear, I'll take the SEC Network crews any time over any of these shouters and screamers.
That woman announcer and a few of the other males have Syracuse broadcasting school fake dry heave pronouncement syndrome

Reactions: sami

VN Store

Back