The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I had a P365 for a while but for several different reasons I sold it a couple years ago. I can carry a compact most of the time (and I prefer to) but I found a budget 380 that will let me carry in tucked in shirts. I'm just trying to improve my consistent carry a little bit.
I understand. The pic above has both guns in it. The 9mm is behind the LCP Max. Same 10 round capacity.

My normal carry is the Springfield Hellcat

I recently switched out my backup carry from an LCP Max to a micro 9mm. It’s not much bigger and weight isn’t a concern with a gun of that size.

380 itself is a fine self defense round. Especially with modern ballistics. I still prefer a 9mm, which is my everyday carry. Considering the lack of size difference, I went to a 9mm backup, in addition to not needing another caliber to worry about.

View attachment 605731
How are you carrying your backup?

I debated a 9mm, but the weight on 9mm 365 was about half a pound more than the LCP Max. Too much for what I needed.

@Grand Vol I've got an issue with one of my AR builds. Never happend before. I was sighting in a new optic. Ran 10 round through it and it cycled fine. Locked back open. Moved back a little to fine tune and put a new mag in. Dropped the bolt and the BCG didn't go all the way. This upper doesn't have the forward assist so I went to try and cycle the bolt again using the charging handle. It moved back about an inch and is locked up. I took the buffer tube out, tried to get the lower off but the bolt won't let it pass. I tried to tap the BCG forward with a brass gun Smith hammer but it won't go all the way. I tried to twist the bolt thinking ot might be out of sync but it won't spin. Not sure where to go from here.

How are you carrying your backup?

I debated a 9mm, but the weight on 9mm 365 was about half a pound more than the LCP Max. Too much for what I needed.
Not really a "carry" gun, but locked somewhere in our vehicles. It's more of a just in case we forget our primaries which happens more than it should, but kids, dogs and all that have a way of making you forget to grab things lol.

I get you on the weight.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
@Grand Vol

I figured it out. I finally just hammered it out of the upper reciever. Gas tube was/is totally locked up inside the BCG. It pulled out of the gas block. Still can't get it loose.1000018982.jpg

@Grand Vol

I figured it out. I finally just hammered it out of the upper reciever. Gas tube was/is totally locked up inside the BCG. It pulled out of the gas block. Still can't get it loose.View attachment 605977

Likely the gas tube wasn't seated all the way or was slightly out of spec. The tube pin should have prevented that.

Good thing is you'll just need to replace the gas key and tube along with the pin.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Likely the gas tube wasn't seated all the way or was slightly out of spec. The tube pin should have prevented that.

Good thing is you'll just need to replace the gas key and tube along with the pin.
I finally got it out. Had to beat it put with vice grips and a hammer. I haven't got around to pulling off the block. It is one of those that has a rail attached to it. I've shot probably 1000 rounds through it with no issues. 🤷

I finally got it out. Had to beat it put with vice grips and a hammer. I haven't got around to pulling off the block. It is one of those that has a rail attached to it. I've shot probably 1000 rounds through it with no issues. 🤷

Sometimes those things go bad.

Be glad you didn't get an out of battery ka-boom.

@Grand Vol

I figured it out. I finally just hammered it out of the upper reciever. Gas tube was/is totally locked up inside the BCG. It pulled out of the gas block. Still can't get it loose.View attachment 605977
I've shot at least 10,000 rounds (on the low end) through an AR, and witnessed AT LEAST 3x that amount, and that is something I've never seen

I've shot at least 10,000 rounds (on the low end) through an AR, and witnessed AT LEAST 3x that amount, and that is something I've never seen
It was definitely weird. I had to take a torch to the bcg where the tube was stuck. Clamped down on the tube with some vice grips and had to beat it out. What's really strange is that it slips in with ease now. I'm not sure if it was carbon build up or what. I've since taken the gas block off and there is no sign of the pin and the block looks normal. I test fit a new pin and it's tight. I don't have a pistol length tube to put it back together with. I had just fired about 10 shots through it as I was sighting in a new optic. I was using steel cased stuff to get it close and was switching to brass when it failed. I was firing it suppressed.

It was definitely weird. I had to take a torch to the bcg where the tube was stuck. Clamped down on the tube with some vice grips and had to beat it out. What's really strange is that it slips in with ease now. I'm not sure if it was carbon build up or what. I've since taken the gas block off and there is no sign of the pin and the block looks normal. I test fit a new pin and it's tight. I don't have a pistol length tube to put it back together with. I had just fired about 10 shots through it as I was sighting in a new optic. I was using steel cased stuff to get it close and was switching to brass when it failed. I was firing it suppressed.
Not that it probably mattered, but the only time I’ll shoot steel cased ammo is when that’s the only thing I can find.

VN Store

Back