The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

No but thought about adding it. The buffer spring combo on the lower seems to cycle well with 300b/o suppressed and non suppressed. Also the 556.

I might ask Bear Creek what kind of port they have and whether they suggest going with an adjustable block. Some manufacturers get kinda picky about that.

Regardless, I tend to run the same buffer/spring combo in everything, Springco Blue and H2. Cycles perfectly fine in my 5.56 even with cheap Russian bulk .223 (even Tula) and with my 6.8. I've run or installed that combo in BCM, Adcor (piston system), Colt (shhhhh!), Daniel Defense, Palmetto, Sig, FN, Bushmaster and in the various builds I've done for others. Never had a problem or heard of one. Only issue was the DD and it was in the first 100 rounds during the "break in" period.

For obvious reasons, I haven't/can't run it in the -10 platform. I trust Slash Heavy Buffers for that job though I do use the rifle spring with his buffers.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I have the hankerin' for a wild west 6-shooter.
Any advice? Does Cimarron make decent repro stuff? I'm thinking .45 colt, nickel with ivory... Doc Holiday style.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Here is a somewhat painful YouTube video on choosing the correct buffer tube. I was a little surprised by the results.

Any advice? Does Cimarron make decent repro stuff? I'm thinking .45 colt, nickel with ivory... Doc Holiday style.
I don't have a lot of personal experience with Cimarron but IIRC they're pretty much Uberti pistols made to spec by Cimarron. I do know they have a pretty respected following in things like CAS.

I have the Ruger SASS Vaqueros and I’ve had a Blackhawk and a Single Six for a looong time. My opinion for single action revolvers is if you want a family heirloom buy a Colt army. Otherwise, buy the Ruger.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I have the Ruger SASS Vaqueros and I’ve had a Blackhawk and a Single Six for a looong time. My opinion for single action revolvers is if you want a family heirloom buy a Colt army. Otherwise, buy the Ruger.
There is a singular satisfaction that comes from cocking a Single-Six. I have one.

IMG_1533.jpeg

I may been one of his last customers.

Picked this up today. Want something that will fit well in a gym short pocket, but also will work on a belt. I want to be able to take just one gun when I travel. Not one for running and one for IWB carry.

The LCP Max is too small for IWB and my accuracy is lacking. I’m hopeful the Glock 42 will be a better shooter. Didn’t go for the P365-380 due to weight. It’s notably heavier than the LCP Max.

My first handgun was a LE edition 40 cal Glock. Reliable as hell, but I just don't shoot it as well as others. They make a heck of a pistol.

View attachment 605366

I may been one of his last customers.

Picked this up today. Want something that will fit well in a gym short pocket, but also will work on a belt. I want to be able to take just one gun when I travel. Not one for running and one for IWB carry.

The LCP Max is too small for IWB and my accuracy is lacking. I’m hopeful the Glock 42 will be a better shooter. Didn’t go for the P365-380 due to weight. It’s notably heavier than the LCP Max.
Accuracy is quite good. Definitely better for me than the Ruger.

Reliability is abysmal. I put about 120 rounds through it and it couldn’t manage a single magazine without a malfunction. Failure to feed, eject, stovepipes, you name it, it did it. I knew these could be finicky, but I was shocked.

Definitely going to need a lot more rounds before I trust this thing with my life.

Accuracy is quite good. Definitely better for me than the Ruger.

Reliability is abysmal. I put about 120 rounds through it and it couldn’t manage a single magazine without a malfunction. Failure to feed, eject, stovepipes, you name it, it did it. I knew these could be finicky, but I was shocked.

Definitely going to need a lot more rounds before I trust this thing with my life.
How do you feel about 380 as a round so far? I ordered a budget 380 (Bersa) to have something very compact for when I have to dress up but I've never done any shooting with the round.

How do you feel about 380 as a round so far? I ordered a budget 380 (Bersa) to have something very compact for when I have to dress up but I've never done any shooting with the round.

It really depends on the gun and the goals. A gun chambered in 380 can be so much lighter than one set for 9mm. If it’s reliable and accurate in your hands, that’s a win. The gun that’s light enough to carry regularly is more useful than the big gun left in the safe.

Reactions: Hunter10139
I recently switched out my backup carry from an LCP Max to a micro 9mm. It’s not much bigger and weight isn’t a concern with a gun of that size.

380 itself is a fine self defense round. Especially with modern ballistics. I still prefer a 9mm, which is my everyday carry. Considering the lack of size difference, I went to a 9mm backup, in addition to not needing another caliber to worry about.

IMG_6884.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerd-Vol
I recently switched out my backup carry from an LCP Max to a micro 9mm. It’s not much bigger and weight isn’t a concern with a gun of that size.
I had a P365 for a while but for several different reasons I sold it a couple years ago. I can carry a compact most of the time (and I prefer to) but I found a budget 380 that will let me carry in tucked in shirts. I'm just trying to improve my consistent carry a little bit.

VN Store

Back