The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

How in the world did Yale beat Auburn?

Poulakidas for Yale had 28 against Auburn. That combined with the fact that Auburn was as reckless as ever on offense did them in. If they play through Broome for the entire game, Auburn probably would have survived. As it is, Pearl gave his guards way too much freedom as he has most of the season. This time it bit him.

Yeah. There has been a lot of parity, but it’s been between seeds 5-12

And I’m probably gonna regret saying this because ya know… March

But I’ll be surprised if UCONN doesn’t win it. That’s probably the best college team in several years.

I checked their stats and it's an almost perfectly balanced offense with their top 5 scoring between 10.9 and 15.1 points each and and 9 players getting between 9.1 and 33.1 minutes.
This makes UConn hard to defend against.

Tennessee is very different than that because Knecht averages 21.1 points over 30.2 minutes.
I still like UT's chances because stopping Knecht is very difficult.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennheel
This take was as freezing cold as mine thinking that Utah State would have a chance to win.
Yep, definitely ice cold. Chalky tournament so far but I’m okay with that if it holds because then we’ll be in the Elite 8 but once we get there, hopefully the chalk stops lol

Reactions: vol94

The records are more related to the matchups. It is not like the committee matched the top SEC school against the lowest ACC school or the top Big 12 school against the lowest B1G school.

There are schools from all conferences with an arbitrary ranking of the teams and placements that must meet certain criteria. That will ultimately benefit some teams more than others with the thought that at each level, the top, based on those rankings, should rise.

If this was perfect then the Sweet 16 would have seeds 1-4 in each region. Looking at that Auburn, Kentucky, Baylor and Kansas are the ones that did not make it. Does that imply their conferences are weaker than the rest? No as there is a chance that those schools could beat and may have during the year some of the schools are in the top "sweet" 16.

It is called March Madness for a reason.

I mean the 6-0 for the Big East is UConn beating Stetson and Northwestern, Creighton beating Akron and Oregon, and Marquette beating Western Kentucky and Colorado. None of those 6 games were "upsets" as they were the top seed in every matchup.

The 6 SEC losses were A&M losing to 1 seed Houston, Kentucky being upset by Oakland, Florida getting upset and losing by 2 to Colorado, Mississippi State losing to Michigan State, South Carolina being upset by Oregon, and Auburn being upset by Yale.

These re-seeding threads are just dumb observations of a single game. I still think we’re one of the top five or six teams and can play with anyone based on defense alone. Three good nights, like we had with USC/Bama/Auburn, and we could be in the final.

Agree, SF. Just gotta hope the clunker offensive performance is behind us now. If it truly is out of the way, and we can shoot like we did against St. Peter’s, I fully believe in 6 days we’ll be celebrating our first Final Four appearance.

Caitlin Clark in a nail biter. Tied with WVU and only 5 minutes left. (ESPN).

If there’s a conspiracy, the fix will be in to send her to the next round.

Edit: whoops - meant to put in the Regular Posters thread.

BTW, CC/Iowa Hawkeyes win and she set some scoring records.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back