The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I don't think religious beliefs have anything to do with any bashing Barnes gets. Like zero.
I totally agree and am agreeing with your points in my post. Just responding to the take that he’s not a Christian. Walken’s take is like saying anyone who doesn’t like Pearl’s political tweets is Palestinian. Just doesn’t make much sense grand scheme of it all.

Religion has nothing to do with it. There wouldn’t be so many Pearl toilet bowl lickers if religion was a hard stop.
Yup. If pearl was an outspoken liberal atheist, a large portion of our fan base would disown his tenure by now. Regardless of individual beliefs, the majority of the volunteer fanbase by region, identifies as conservative Christian. I can’t imagine our current coach publicly displaying his faith as being a reason for a large swath of our fan base to dislike him. It’s really just because he hasn’t reached the E8 or F4, even though he has had great seasons. Which is equally as dumb.

Yup. If pearl was an outspoken liberal atheist, a large portion of our fan base would disown his tenure by now. Regardless of individual beliefs, the majority of the volunteer fanbase by region, identifies as conservative Christian. I can’t imagine our current coach publicly displaying his faith as being a reason for a large swath of our fan base to dislike him. It’s really just because he hasn’t reached the E8 or F4, even though he has had great seasons. Which is equally as dumb.
I apologize to the forum for my posts on the subject as it’s not sports related. Berry - if I ever run into you somewhere, I’d be happy to clarify my thoughts on the subject and I suspect I could help you understand why I feel as I do.

Well crap, now we really got to win, I don't want Alabama to finish better than us.

Seeing them win tonight diminishes my hope for tomorrow. Despite being a cesspool of a university, they get everything they want while we seem to fumble away everything we want. Probably over reactionary of me, but my BVS has kicked in hard.

Reactions: RudyVol
Seeing them win tonight diminishes my hope for tomorrow. Despite being a cesspool of a university, they get everything they want while we seem to fumble away everything we want. Probably over reactionary of me, but my BVS has kicked in hard.
Then you need to quarantine asap lol

Reactions: Chunkyvol12

Was just thinking that last night. At least their coach finally retired and they didn't hire Meyer.

Random note, I just noticed Norfolk State won the CIT Tournament. We beat them earlier this year 87-50 at TBA on Jan 2
And UGA is winning in the NIT last I checked. Bama, Illinois whom we swept, are in the Elite 8. It can only help our SOS with the final four selection committee.

Reactions: Vol49er
It’s probably best for my health that I’m not going to be able to watch most of the game tonight lol
I know what this says about me as a grown man, but I woke up at 3 am this morning and thought about the game and tensed up immediately. Heart raced and all. I know what it says about me, and I’ve come to peace with it.

Reactions: Volprofch05
I know what this says about me as a grown man, but I woke up at 3 am this morning and thought about the game and tensed up immediately. Heart raced and all. I know what it says about me, and I’ve come to peace with it.

When I was younger, big football games and basketball games like this I would start to get nervous like 2 days before at least and generally it would be all I could think about.

Now that I'm older and responsiblities and all, it usually doesn't happen until closer to the game. But with an hour or 2 of the game the same feeling prop up and honestly now I get way more jumpy about big basketball games than I do football.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
These next 48-55 hours (roughly) are going to be some of the most stressed I have been about any Tennessee athletics event in maybe a decade or more. I want this Final Four badly. We have arguably the toughest path this weekend to get there of any team, but we have the talent to do it.

We just have to perform. We have been ice cold shooting over these past 3-4 weeks and are still kicking, so hoping that means good things are on the horizon. Defense can only carry you so far, we have to make shots to beat elite teams this weekend.

VN Store

Back